Coventry City Women (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Just noticed that Coventry United women are playing Liverpool today in the championship. What happened to Coventry City Women? Why have Coventry United got a good womens team?

Seems a shame we don't have a proper women's team like. Anyone know anything?

Brighton Sky Blue

Just noticed that Coventry United women are playing Liverpool today in the championship. What happened to Coventry City Women? Why have Coventry United got a good womens team?

We lost the women’s set-up to Cov Utd some time ago, I think around the Northampton move.

Evo1883

Coventry city do have a women's team I believe , it's just not at the level of Coventry United .

My girls who play for Coventry United both have Coventry city teams in their respective leagues u10s and u13s

CovBrummie94

As Brighton says it happened some time ago. The team merged with Cov United and became Cov United Ladies. There’s still a Cov City girls team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

This is their fixtures , it's the equivalent level of men's non league I suppose as opposed to cov utd who play in the championship Screenshot_20211003-172154_Chrome.jpg

procdoc

I know a girl that plays for Cov Utd, she’s quality. I wish I could have picked her when I ran teams

rob9872

Was anyone else a bit tentative opening this thread after recent debates on here? :)

fatso

My step daughter used to play for cov women, and when I first went to watch them I was full on in piss take mode, but I have to admit I was blown away by the quality and commitment on show, they were bloody brilliant,
The womens league has fantastic technical ability, and they certainly won me over.

Skyblueweeman

Think it's great the women's game coming on leaps and bounds. Nice to see girls who like footy actually being able to see it as a career now

I work with a couple of WSL teams and they're great to work with. The women's game has come on a lot in the last couple of years. This seasons TV deal with Sky and BBC has been great for them with more money going into the game and the teams now playing a number of games at mens stadiums.

For anyone who says the standard is 'shit'....its obviously in a different league to the mens game but they're years behind having the same coaching processes that the mens game has had. Womens football was banned up until the 50s (I think) but its come a long way and is only going to continue to get better.

As someone who has a daughter on the way, I'm pleased that it's growing the way it is so that there's more role models going forward. Rather a hard working young female footballer than a fucking Kardashian or Make in Essex bell end.

rob9872

I work with a couple of WSL teams and they're great to work with. The women's game has come on a lot in the last couple of years. This seasons TV deal with Sky and BBC has been great for them with more money going into the game and the teams now playing a number of games at mens stadiums.

For anyone who says the standard is 'shit'....its obviously in a different league to the mens game but they're years behind having the same coaching processes that the mens game has had. Womens football was banned up until the 50s (I think) but its come a long way and is only going to continue to get better.

As someone who has a daughter on the way, I'm pleased that it's growing the way it is so that there's more role models going forward. Rather a hard working young female footballer than a fucking Kardashian or Make in Essex bell end.
Thinly veiled my sperm is good post :)

covcity4life

Very well said.

Skyblueweeman

Thinly veiled my sperm is good post :)

giphy.gif

slowpoke

Ladies football is on the up now on National tv a lot ccfc should in my opinion have their own ladies football team.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

While I agree about rather a footballer than Kardashian we need to improve the young role models for women to aspire to be great scientists and leaders. We need far more women in those positions and they could make a far bigger difference doing that than kicking a ball around.

Of course, it depends on what they want to do. Whether it be sport, science, music, arts or whatever, they're far more likely to be successful and happy if they can do something they enjoy.

Nick

Administrator
I have noticed the women's football is very "forced" on Sky. They often make sure a woman footballer is on Soccer AM and often they can't kick a football properly when they do things outside.

Obviously for young girls to be able to play football like the boys it's amazing. No reason why they shouldn't be able to do stuff like that.

Otis

Why? Weren't they meant as a phoenix team when we went to Northampton? Fuck them
You can hardly blame the women for playing for Coventry United though can you.

Never been to a women's game, but would gladly go and give them a watch if I got chance.

Saddlebrains

You can hardly blame the women for playing for Coventry United though can you.

Never been to a women's game, but would gladly go and give them a watch if I got chance.

Oh womens side i agree completely. Just feel anyone who watches Cov United mens is in the same bracket as Coventrians that watch wasps in my view

Otis

Oh womens side i agree completely. Just feel anyone who watches Cov United mens is in the same bracket as Coventrians that watch wasps in my view
Yeah, get that. And get this ..... I met with a friend I haven't seen for years the other day.

Said he had now got into rugby and was planning on going to a game. I said "It's not Wasps is it?" And he said it was and talking to him, he had no idea about the City getting kicked out, or Wasps taking over and didn't know Coventry already had a rugby team

😳

CovBrummie94

Out of interest, why the bad opinion on Cov United? I have no idea about their history as a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

While I agree about rather a footballer than Kardashian we need to improve the young role models for women to aspire to be great scientists and leaders. We need far more women in those positions and they could make a far bigger difference doing that than kicking a ball around.

Of course, it depends on what they want to do. Whether it be sport, science, music, arts or whatever, they're far more likely to be successful and happy if they can do something they enjoy.

Yep, totally agree with that to be fair. Was just mentioning female footballers because of the thread but you are indeed right. That Dr from Oxford Uni who helped develop the Covid vaccine - defo a role model.

skyblue1991

Yeah, get that. And get this ..... I met with a friend I haven't seen for years the other day.

Said he had now got into rugby and was planning on going to a game. I said "It's not Wasps is it?" And he said it was and talking to him, he had no idea about the City getting kicked out, or Wasps taking over and didn't know Coventry already had a rugby team

I hope you dropped kicked the fucker

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread