Coventry fan as a foreigner (1 Viewer)

DanishCovLad

Hi guys,

First of all - excuse me for my english. I hope you all understand me :)

Born and raised in Denmark with absolutely no english connections in my family what so ever ive been supporting Cov since 97/98. At a young age when everybody "chose" their english team (Danish television showed 1 english game per week back then) most of the lads ofc chose man utd, arsenal, liverpool and so on. I havent meet another Cov fan in Denmark so i sometimes feel like a lonely rider hehe ;) I was wondering if there are any other foreign fans who feel like this? Not that it is a problem at all but i sometimes wish i could move to Cov and share the passion with other ppl.

Any thoughts, comments guys? :)

Have a nice evening

Covstu

Welcome Danish, firstly well done for picking the sky blues! You are always welcome to visit cov and have a few beers and a trip to the Ricky, unfortunately next year will be uncharted territory for us all next year but we not the football is not going to be pretty!

Johnrambo

Bacon or danish is the only good thing here.

I will make atleast one trip next season, dunno if its gonna be away or home.

mark82

Have to say Copenhagen is one of my favourite cities. Fantastic place. Bloody expensive though.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Last edited:

hitmanhearns

Nice to see some scandinavian blood on here! I´m swedish born and bred from the north, close to the arctic circle, same story for me- chose coventry in 1987 against Leeds in the semifinal, it was on swedish television... don´t ask me why but i have never felt for any other club like I feel for city-it´s weird...i´m probably a sadist:facepalm:.

Har ni något fotbollslag på Bornholm?

covkid

Thanks to our overseas fans for making us smile... Now how would you say play up sky blues :thinking about:

hitmanhearns

Thanks to our overseas fans for making us smile... Now how would you say play up sky blues :thinking about:

Kämpa himmelsblå- in swedish:D. My hometown is Umeå with around 120,000 inhabitants and shitfootball but with nice long dark ultracold depressing winters...

imgres

imgres

Last edited:

rob9872

I found Ronnie Eklund and Kasper Schmeichel as the only Danes we've had playing at City. Are there any more?

SkyBlueUkeman

I love overseas fans. You could literally have supported anyone yet you chose to Support Coventry City.

You mad bastards.:claping hands:

Johnrambo

Nice to see some scandinavian blood on here! I´m swedish born and bred from the north, close to the arctic circle, same story for me- chose coventry in 1987 against Leeds in the semifinal, it was on swedish television... don´t ask me why but i have never felt for any other club like I feel for city-it´s weird...i´m probably a sadist:facepalm:.

Har ni något fotbollslag på Bornholm?

Jep, i min by spiller de i den 3.bedste række i Danmark.

And in English - Yes, in my city they are playing in the 3 best league in Denmark. ;-)

In Danish play up Sky Blues is : Spil op Sky Blå

Last edited:

Grendel

I found Ronnie Eklund and Kasper Schmeichel as the only Danes we've had playing at City. Are there any more?

Mikkel Bischoff

What nationality was Hyldegard?

WillieStanley

Wow! Overseas supporters who actually sound more passionate about the club than a lot of locals! Cheered right up!

Spil op Sky Blå!!

torchomatic

My God! Valiant won't be happy. He doesn't like us Warwickshire lot, never mind someone who's not even from...gulp...England.

Users who are viewing this thread