Coventry is a multi football club city (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Been drinking in a few pubs in Foleshill and Holbrooks for a while and got to know fellow football fans during this time.And what has surprised me to be honest is how many non - Cov City supporters in the pubs there are. The clubs being followed are: Celtic,Rangers,Hibs,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal,Everton,Man United, Burnley,and one chap who admits to being a Villa fan,even though he's born and bred here in Coventry.I've embraced my city being multi-cultural,but find myself a bit depressed at our lack of fans in our own city.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
To be fair, I think you'll find this is common all over the country, not just here.

bringbackrattles

To be fair, I think you'll find this is common all over the country, not just here.
Fair comment Houch but it does shock you though when you go in Cov pubs now and your outnumbered by fans of other clubs.Saturday three lads playing pool were from Burnley and were good blokes as they had sympathy for our plight.
But they said Burnley was full of their own fans not like here in Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
Fair comment Houch but it does shock you though when you go in Cov pubs now and your outnumbered by fans of other clubs.Saturday three lads playing pool were from Burnley and were good blokes as they had sympathy for our plight.
But they said Burnley was full of their own fans not like here in Coventry.

It's always been like that with man utd, liverpool etc

bringbackrattles

It's always been like that with man utd, liverpool etc
It has Nick but you'll find where it used to be the top clubs being followed,you also now have clubs mentioned that aren't big names.But Burnley is a town to be fair not a large city like ours,but they said they don't get hardly any one following Man United there and that's not far from Burnley.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My son-in-law is Coventry born and bred, yet he is a die-hard Villa fan. Just can't get my head round that..... :thinking about:

bringbackrattles

My son-in-law is Coventry born and bred, yet he is a die-hard Villa fan. Just can't get my head round that..... :thinking about:
My brother-in-law was born in Coventry but when he wed my sister they moved to Leicester to live and work. He now supports both the Foxes and the Tigers,the football and rugby teams.I call him a traitor but he shrugs it off saying at least they win things. bastard !

SlowerThanPlatt

I don't have a problem with someone supporting a non-local team expect when they flip-flop. Whoever you choose to support at first, you should stick with through good and bad.

stupot07

I lived in Liverpool for 5 years, the locals support liverpool or Everton, and the only other shirts you see around are students. It does help that they were extremely successful in the past....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Been drinking in a few pubs in Foleshill and Holbrooks for a while and got to know fellow football fans during this time.And what has surprised me to be honest is how many non - Cov City supporters in the pubs there are. The clubs being followed are: Celtic,Rangers,Hibs,Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal,Everton,Man United, Burnley,and one chap who admits to being a Villa fan,even though he's born and bred here in Coventry.I've embraced my city being multi-cultural,but find myself a bit depressed at our lack of fans in our own city.

I find find myself a bit depressed at the lack of our team in our own city.

SkyblueBazza

I have no room to talk on this. Born & raised in Walsall, lived in Soton for 30yrs now...SKY BLUE solid!
How did you uncover these supporters in the pub(s)? From some survey of sorts or the shirts on their backs? Your conclusion might be severely skewed by NOPM, the club playing in Northampton atm...or maybe the locals are just better dressers than wearing footy shirts in the pub on an evening???

PUSB

SkyblueBazza

I find find myself a bit depressed at the lack of our team in our own city.

Must admit that being in Cov for a meeting last week...I ventured right into the City Centre for the first time since we moved to the Ricoh just to drive around & reminisce. I was struck by a complete lack of "CCFC-feel" about the place. No evidence of NOPM/KCIC to be seen anywhere I went. The only real suggestion of a link to CCFC was the Sky Blue buses & cabs.
I went to the arena centre & found nothing around the area or the shops or little outlets in the Tesco mall.
Disappointing to say the least...has everyone given up?

PUSB

ccfc92

Must admit that being in Cov for a meeting last week...I ventured right into the City Centre for the first time since we moved to the Ricoh just to drive around & reminisce. I was struck by a complete lack of "CCFC-feel" about the place. No evidence of NOPM/KCIC to be seen anywhere I went. The only real suggestion of a link to CCFC was the Sky Blue buses & cabs.
I went to the arena centre & found nothing around the area or the shops or little outlets in the Tesco mall.
Disappointing to say the least...has everyone given up?

PUSB

well before the move to Sixfields IMO :(

Users who are viewing this thread