Coventry Jets Home Game at the Butts. (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Today at 2:30 £10 per family

Won first game.

Playing Birmingham Bulls.

Normally at Sphinx but this one a charity event for ex player who has cancer.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/coventryjets/
Today’s the day Jets host the Bulls in the latest chapter in the Battle of the West Midlands saga and Rich Barrett Benefit match.

1397491265_0082.jpg
For the Bulls this is their season opener, with the Jets having played and won against Gateshead Senators last week end. Birmingham will be going all out to secure the victory to start the season on a high note, and make up for the two defeats they suffered at the hands of the Jets last season.

Coventry obviously really want to make it two wins in a row as they build momentum for the rest of the year. So a spectacle of exciting all out football should be delivered at the Butts Park Arena, Coventry.
The match kicks off at 14:30hr, ticket prices :
Family (2 adults+3children) £10:00, Adults: £5:00 Under 16’s and students (with identity) £3:00

Both clubs are really hoping for a big turn of supporters not only to see the game but boost the amount of money that can be raised for Rich Barrett, a former player for both clubs, to help fund the medical treatment he desperately needs.

chiefdave

I thought they always played at the Butts, did I imagine that or did they move at some point?

Macca

Really tried to watch this sport but it bores my eyeballs out, much like ice hockey. Shame as could do with something to follow in the city

Otis

Really tried to watch this sport but it bores my eyeballs out, much like ice hockey. Shame as could do with something to follow in the city

For me it is the most exciting of all sports. I absolutely love it. Prefer it even to football. Very rarely boring I would say, especially compared to football.

Let's face it, when watching the City, how many exciting games can we say we get to watch out of a 23 game season each year? 5-6 tops? Would say with American Football you get about 70% of games being exciting.

Yes there are breaks in a game, but just look at the stop start of cricket, which is much, much worse. Rugby too can be very stop start at times, especially the eternal wait for the taking of penalty kicks etc.

Give me American Football any day of the week. Really adore it.

Macca

For me it is the most exciting of all sports. I absolutely love it. Prefer it even to football. Very rarely boring I would say, especially compared to football.

Let's face it, when watching the City, how many exciting games can we say we get to watch out of a 23 game season each year? 5-6 tops? Would say with American Football you get about 70% of games being exciting.

Yes there are breaks in a game, but just look at the stop start of cricket, which is much, much worse. Rugby too can be very stop start at times, especially the eternal wait for the taking of penalty kicks etc.

Give me American Football any day of the week. Really adore it.

Yeh FairPlay each to their own. Just seems, 2 lines of people run into each other then a throw and a catch. Ice hockey I can never see the puck! Maybe I'll try foxy boxing

Otis

Yeh FairPlay each to their own. Just seems, 2 lines of people run into each other then a throw and a catch. Ice hockey I can never see the puck! Maybe I'll try foxy boxing

Yeah, ice hockey irriates me. I want to like it, but like yourself, I have no idea where the puck is half the time. First I time I know for sure is when I hear a cheer and the little black thing is in the bleedin net.

chiefdave

Yeah, ice hockey irriates me. I want to like it, but like yourself, I have no idea where the puck is half the time. First I time I know for sure is when I hear a cheer and the little black thing is in the bleedin net.

With hockey you learn to follow the flow of the game after a while so you kind of know where the puck is even if you can't actually see it! On American TV a few years back they added a trail to the puck to make it easier for people to see, it looked ridiculous and didn't last too long.

Macca

Maybe it's our old eyes!
I love international rugby but can't get into the club game. Maybe I'll try and educate myself with the American Football..........or maybe the city will return to Cov and my problem will be solved!

Users who are viewing this thread