Coventry transfer deadline day (2 Viewers)

ovduk78

Anthony Stokes left Hibs last night, a player in the mold of what we need?
Yes but not him. Whilst he is a good footballer he is a thug and has had plenty of troubles in and out of football including headbutting an Elvis impersonator on a night out in Dublin

Londonccfcfan

500k with add ons was my initial thought, but that's poor when you think we was reportedly knocking back 1.5m offers last year which he's nowhere near currently.

A lot of ability, bright future ahead of him but not in the form he's shown 12 months ago, well down the order here now but he's so much potential.

750k would likely be acceptable to both parties with smaller add ons on his current form.

Interesting topic tho
We wont get anywhere near 500k. More like 250k for a player on the fringes of our team.

I smell a rotten egg, hes been tapped up and i think its almpst certain hes gone after him pulling a last minute sicky from school getting his dad to phone in.

ceetee

To an extent. Remember we were offered in excess of £1.5 million last season. There's doing good business and then there's being pigheaded.
There were a lot of people on here this time last year complaining that SISU had no ambition because Stevenson and Willis had been sold.
Hindsight is a wonderful attribute.

Otis

Yes but not him. Whilst he is a good footballer he is a thug and has had plenty of troubles in and out of football including headbutting an Elvis impersonator on a night out in Dublin
I would say hats off to him for that.

Pretty much a given with any Elvis impersonator isn't it? Thought it was an unwritten rule.

Gaz71

Rumours this morning of Sherwin Seedorf coming from Wolves on loan as part of any Stevenson deal. A winger.

Craig Davies has rejected another L2 club stating he wants to stay in L1.

I’m sure someone already posted that on this very thread last night

steve82

Yeah I was being ambitious and talking upfront fee but maybe I was too ambitious; regardless though I'd hope the up front fee would be fairly significant as he's a talented player - I'd be disappointed if the upfront fee was comparative to that of Cian Harries'.

Exactly, looking back it's clear we dug our heels in far too much when Brentford came knocking but that's football. He was in excellent form last season and many thought he'd progress at the rate of Maddison - perhaps further. He's been unlucky this season with the tenacity of Doyle and the rise of Bayliss. He's still a big talent even if he can't get into our side - but at the end of the day he's not a league 2 footballer.

I agree. Anything between 500-750K plus add-ons would be great for both parties.

Has he been unlucky? Not really taken his chances when he appeared in the 1st team. It's not his level for a player of his ability for sure, but Bayliss coming in and grabbing his chance has likely stung him somewhat.

steve82

We wont get anywhere near 500k. More like 250k for a player on the fringes of our team.

I smell a rotten egg, hes been tapped up and i think its almpst certain hes gone after him pulling a last minute sicky from school getting his dad to phone in.

Now I was thinking the same, but that's too low for a player with a long contract and should we go up he'd be at a level he's better performer at.

Has to be 500k minimum for me with add ons but then I feel that's not enough.

SkyBlueCRJ

There were a lot of people on here this time last year complaining that SISU had no ambition because Stevenson and Willis had been sold.
Hindsight is a wonderful attribute.

It's obviously difficult to leave SISU out of transfer situations, but to say they have no ambition is so cliche. Of course they don't, otherwise we wouldn't be in league two. You might as well try and argue the sky isn't blue or water is orange.

But you're right it is ironic, but even then I was questioning the clubs motives turning down a bid of that size. It's understandable not wanting to part with a key player, for once it's great to see. But when a club who's barely breaking even each season is turning down bids in excess of £1 million you have to question the logic of those in charge...

Nick

Administrator
It's obviously difficult to leave SISU out of transfer situations, but to say they have no ambition is so cliche. Of course they don't, otherwise we wouldn't be in league two. You might as well try and argue the sky isn't blue or water is orange.

But you're right it is ironic, but even then I was questioning the clubs motives turning down a bid of that size. It's understandable not wanting to part with a key player, for once it's great to see. But when a club who's barely breaking even each season is turning down bids in excess of £1 million you have to question the logic of those in charge...

So now you are moaning we didnt?

SkyBlueCRJ

Has he been unlucky? Not really taken his chances when he appeared in the 1st team. It's not his level for a player of his ability for sure, but Bayliss coming in and grabbing his chance has likely stung him somewhat.

I think so. Obviously he's been out of touch and failed to replicate his form last season but don't forget he's had a few niggling injuries on top of this. Wasn't the injury pile up the reason Bayliss came in, in the first place when Kelly and Stevenson were out?

Not taking anything away from Bayliss of course. In his current form he's irreplaceable - he took his chance with both hands. Just food for thought of how circumstance can be the reason why players may/may not be in the starting XI.

steve82

I think so. Obviously he's been out of touch and failed to replicate his form last season but don't forget he's had a few niggling injuries on top of this. Wasn't the injury pile up the reason Bayliss came in, in the first place when Kelly and Stevenson were out?

Not taking anything away from Bayliss of course. In his current form he's irreplaceable - he took his chance with both hands. Just food for thought of how circumstance can be the reason why players may/may not be in the starting XI.

He had his share of injuries last January February time, not so sure he's had many injuries this season to keep him out much.

Bayliss came in and took Stevenson's place in the side. Stevenson came on at half time v Crawley. Started the next game at Morecambe and then dropped to the bench in favour of Bayliss and watched from the bench ever since bar a few minutes here and there. The rest is history really.

He's not taken his chances when given league appearances.

SkyBlueCRJ

He had his share of injuries last January February time, not so sure he's had many injuries this season to keep him out much.

Bayliss came in and took Stevenson's place in the side. Stevenson came on at half time v Crawley. Started the next game at Morecambe and then dropped to the bench in favour of Bayliss and watched from the bench ever since bar a few minutes here and there. The rest is history really.

He's not taken his chances when given league appearances.

No I completely agree with you, he hasn't taken his chances when given the opportunity. The fact he's playing a different style of football in League 2 shouldn't excuse his form. Bayliss has been the catalyst to why he hasn't been given more game time as at the moment, he's heads and shoulders above Stevenson in terms of form.

So maybe it's being too soft on Stevenson calling it 'unlucky' that he hasn't played more games. Even if you have got 3 excellent CM's ahead of you it's your duty as a footballer to be the best you can be and show why you deserve to start week in week out.

Liquid Gold

I don't understand how Robins didn't put Ponticelli in the team until he'd signed a new contract but chucked Bayliss straight in. His performances now mean we're likely to lose him in the summer.

steve82

No I completely agree with you, he hasn't taken his chances when given the opportunity. The fact he's playing a different style of football in League 2 shouldn't excuse his form. Bayliss has been the catalyst to why he hasn't been given more game time as at the moment, he's heads and shoulders above Stevenson in terms of form.

So maybe it's being too soft on Stevenson calling it 'unlucky' that he hasn't played more games. Even if you have got 3 excellent CM's ahead of you it's your duty as a footballer to be the best you can be and show why you deserve to start week in week out.

While he's not been on it this season it would be silly to write him off as a dud or bad player overall.

L2 isn't his stage and he still has a bright future ahead of him in the game.

If he goes I'm sure TW structures any deal appropriately to suit us in his development in the coming seasons.

SkyBlueCRJ

Port Vale set to get a £2 million windfall if Preston sell Jordan Hugill. 8 goals and 1 assist this season from the 24 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread