"Coventry will be back one day" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

Watching the footy (Olympic) from CV6. The teams were waiting in the tunnel before the game, and in the background (off camera) there was a conversation that went something like this:

"Can't believe their in League 1!"
"They're a big club!"
"Coventry will be back one day"

:D

Curious if it was just BBC personnel having a chat or high-ranking IOC officials talking about our great club.

Astute

We are a big club for Div3.

We punched above our weight to stay in top flight for so many years though. That don't make us a big club. We do have a good away support most of the time. This don't make us a big club. I love my club. I am proud of where I am from. Always will. Don't make us a big club though. I don't care. It is my club. Good enough for me.

Grendel

"to pass teams to death on" I hope they do get the ball down on the floor and pass it this season but got a feeling with the big strikers were bringing in going to be playing route 1 football

Good. The so called "passing game" last season was mind numbingly dull, predictable and ultimately fatal.

Tomh111

Good. The so called "passing game" last season was mind numbingly dull, predictable and ultimately fatal.

Why do you come on this forum Grendel, to moan about everything to do with the club and rubbish everything people of another opinion say? there is another club just down the M69 that you could bore with your repetitive and negative drivel.

Grendel

Why do you come on this forum Grendel, to moan about everything to do with the club and rubbish everything people of another opinion say? there is another club just down the M69 that you could bore with your repetitive and negative drivel.

No need - our football under the clueless one is as boring and negative as it gets.

Nick

Administrator
To be good at playing route 1 football you have to have players which can win and direct headers. Players to be able to kick the ball accurately to them and players around them to predict where the ball mite fall. Passing may be boring but atleast u keep pocession

So these pro footballers cant kick a football?

Grendel

So these pro footballers cant kick a football?

Don't say that Tom will ask you to take a drive up the M69.

ajsccfc

Can people be reasonable dissenting voices here without being labelled as SISU lovers, Thorn haters, Leicester fans (or 'fester' LOLLE) or similar? It hardly encourages intelligence to devolve everything to namecalling fit for the playground. If anyone disagrees, my dad will beat your dad up.

Otis

Watching the footy (Olympic) from CV6. The teams were waiting in the tunnel before the game, and in the background (off camera) there was a conversation that went something like this:

"Can't believe their in League 1!"
"They're a big club!"
"Coventry will be back one day"

:D

Curious if it was just BBC personnel having a chat or high-ranking IOC officials talking about our great club.

Haven't they been saying for 2 thousand years that Jesus will be back one day?

Otis

They did.

They said "Jesus will be back one day, but in the meantime we send you Ken The Disciple."

usskyblue

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what has SISU ever done for us?

procdoc

I think we've signed the bigger lads to compete more in the physical battles rather than play route one. A balance between a passing game and being able to mix it up will stand us in good stead. Over the last few seasons it's been one or the other and thus became predictable

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Haven't they been saying for 2 thousand years that Jesus will be back one day?

Talking about "Jesus" and "back" - did you know that if you say Jesus backwards it sounds just like "SAUSAGE"! .... just a thought! :thinking about:

Buster

I think we've signed the bigger lads to compete more in the physical battles rather than play route one. A balance between a passing game and being able to mix it up will stand us in good stead. Over the last few seasons it's been one or the other and thus became predictable

This is Jesus will return to cleanse our sins, thread ! Can you put common sense elsewhere please.

Users who are viewing this thread