COVID pass (4 Viewers)

Evo1883

Because unvaccinated people are more likely to need hospitalisation and medical attention, putting pressure on the health services and reducing the ability for it to provide treatment for other people, some of whom may have serious conditions.

To be honest this for me is the same as those that get tanked up/ fight on a night out or need help after shoving something up their arse. As much as the decent human being in me doesn't want to see them denied healthcare just letting them have free care for something self-inflicited and completely avoidable doesn't seem right. I bet people would be a lot more careful if they knew it'd end up costing them.

Then we need to ban fast food outlets , stop selling cigarettes and alcohol and we'd save a hell of alot more , this doesn't wash after all these people have made decisions that have lead to financial strain on the NHS

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Then we need to ban fast food outlets , stop selling cigarettes and alcohol and we'd save a hell of alot more , this doesn't wash

All of those things can be taxed to mitigate their effects and arguably give control over standards preventing even worse problems.

How do you tax people that aren't vaccinated?

Evo1883

All of those things can be taxed to mitigate their effects and arguably give control over standards preventing even worse problems.

How do you tax people that aren't vaccinated?

Putting severe consequences onto people will eventually lead to the further taxation of the population anyway ... to pay for their welfare and social needs 😂 you aren't winning by forcing hundreds of thousands into extreme measures ... there's money for track and wank ... there's money for the NHS ..simple as that

Evo1883

Nobody has thought this through ? You can't let people starve, you can't let them die and you can't force them to stay indoors , you also can't force anything on them ..so what you going to do ? Pay for them from your wages instead ? Brilliant

Evo1883

Seriously I'm Interested in this idea of extreme measures on people as a consequence of their actions and how people think it will pan out because from what I gather you're achieving nothing but anger , and a future of violence and financial cost , mental health problems , vacant jobs , bigger welfare bill , potential anarchy , kids removed from schools ?

Wheres the logic?

Has anybody actually thought beyond just the suggestion ? To make themselves get a few social media likes ?

chiefdave

Nobody has thought this through ? You can't let people starve, you can't let them die and you can't force them to stay indoors , you also can't force anything on them ..so what you going to do ? Pay for them from your wages instead ? Brilliant
Not sure why we're talking about letting people starve but wouldn't the existing rules apply? If you chose not to work you'd get your benefits stopped. Thats what happens now and there's hardly uproar about it.

We have things like food banks because there's people who don't receive enough assistance from the state.

Evo1883

Not sure why we're talking about letting people starve but wouldn't the existing rules apply? If you chose not to work you'd get your benefits stopped. Thats what happens now and there's hardly uproar about it.

We have things like food banks because there's people who don't receive enough assistance from the state.

Right , just a few hundred thousand more though ?

With kids ? With homes ?

Again , not thought through.

It's not possible , would never happen would it .. the country would erupt

Evo1883

I might waffle , but seriously , what happens after ? When they still refuse ? What then ?

Nobody has an answer, because there is no thought after the initial sentence of " you shall pay for the Consequences of your actions " is there ?

Nonsense soundbite , that's all it is

100 miles from Cov.

What about the 100k NHS staff who are being sacked in March because they are not willing to be injected? What then? The NHS is struggling anyway despite it having a blank chequebook last year when all this started. When it loses so many start who believe in they should have a say in what gets injected into their body then it’s going to be a complete car crash.

chiefdave

the country would erupt
Why? Look at the increase in homelessness in recent years, the increase in food bank use, the increasing numbers in poverty. Where's the eruption for those things?

If, and its a huge if, we move to mandatory vaccinations it will just be that you can't do certain jobs without being vaccinated. That's already been done in other countries without any eruption.

Evo1883

Why? Look at the increase in homelessness in recent years, the increase in food bank use, the increasing numbers in poverty. Where's the eruption for those things?

If, and its a huge if, we move to mandatory vaccinations it will just be that you can't do certain jobs without being vaccinated. That's already been done in other countries without any eruption.

We aren't other countries , and there's been huge protests around Europe

Goes more extreme , the protest wont die out will They?

How long before these people are allowed to apply for jobs again btw ?

Evo1883

I agree with the vaccines btw , I just won't ever fall in line with the " you must or else " line .

Irritates me

Or else what ? What the fuck is a corrupt , fat , scruffy twat like Boris going to do ? Pay for them to sit at home by the sounds of it

chiefdave

But you can admit it may pose a staffing problem come march ?

And thus putting more strain on the NHS
They could. But I think probably less damaging than the self inflicted staffing problems caused by Brexit. But that sort of decision will be taken by experts who will weigh up the risk of less staff against the risk of unvaccinated staff.
I agree with the vaccines btw , I just won't ever fall in line with the " you must or else " line .

Irritates me

Or else what ?
Or else you're not eligible for the job. Nobody is going to force anyone to get a vaccine, it won't happen.

Evo1883

They could. But I think probably less damaging than the self inflicted staffing problems caused by Brexit. But that sort of decision will be taken by experts who will weigh up the risk of less staff against the risk of unvaccinated staff.

Or else you're not eligible for the job. Nobody is going to force anyone to get a vaccine, it won't happen.

Good

robbiekeane

Irritates me

Or else what ? What the fuck is a corrupt , fat , scruffy twat like Boris going to do ? Pay for them to sit at home by the sounds of it
Look, in principle I agree with you. Generally compulsory vaccines or compulsory anything is not something I go for.

But drastic times drastic measures and these thick fucking cunts who won’t get a jab because they watched some Twat with an online PHD on tik tok who are now putting my gran at risk can go fuck themselves. Get the jab or you give up your own freedoms - the rest of us have done our bit.

Evo1883

Look, in principle I agree with you. Generally compulsory vaccines or compulsory anything is not something I go for.

But drastic times drastic measures and these thick fucking cunts who won’t get a jab because they watched some Twat with an online PHD on tik tok who are now putting my gran at risk can go fuck themselves. Get the jab or you give up your own freedoms - the rest of us have done our bit.

I can't agree ..ever ..with those last words I'm afraid

And many vaccinated people are just like me , feel the same

robbiekeane

I can't agree ..ever ..with those last words I'm afraid

And many vaccinated people are just like me , feel the same
Listen if the impact of not getting vaccinated was that you’d just go off and die somewhere then that’s fine and I’d agree with you. But it’s not, unfortunately their stupidity/attention seeking/fear of needles/mental fear of not being in control has a significant negative externality of taking up beds in the ICU for our NHS.

You know what you’re right - let’s not make the vaccine compulsory. Let’s say if you don’t get the vaccine and you get diagnosed with covid you stay on the fucking streets and face the consequences

NorthernWisdom

I don't know how you can pick issue with an 'inflammatory comment', but think it is alright to segregate human beings based on medical treatment. That's why I call it weak minded.

I get that you and many other people want to feel safe and get their lives back, I do too, but this just isn't on.
But some of those self-same people are quite happy to make no attempt to keep me and my family safe. And nobody's segregating, they're just expecting people to deliver a negative LFT.

Now, some of the reactions on the Coventry fans facebook page make a fine argument for why it *should* be a mandatory vaccination, I have to say - just take the sodding test and be done with it!

Anyway, I started this before it all kicked off tonight so it's a bit out of context(!)

Hiraeth

The Health Secretary, Sajid Javid has ruled out general mandatory vaccinations as recently as two weeks ago.

There is currently a Government Majority of around 80 with a Prime Minister determined not to resign regardless of what is exposed about him and another general election not due until May 2024. The priorities for this government have been more skewed towards those with personal libertarian interests than the views of the wider population of this country.

As such I frankly can't see general mandatory vaccinations happening anytime soon and so I'm afraid that I really can't get very excited about it either way regardless of whether my view is pro / vaccine supportive or anti / vaccine sceptic.

I guess we should know more in the coming week about what Plan B COVID Pass will mean in terms of football game attendance.
At present I believe a COVID Pass means having either vaccination evidence or a negative lateral flow test so there is currently no forced medical treatment, there is just a requirement for a test result.

Sick Boy

I'm very pro vaccine , had both and hoping for the booster ASAP .

I don't think I will ever be comfortable with mandatory jabs , what they going to do ? Pin them down ? Stop them buying food ? Stop them receiving medical treatment ? Stop them walking the street ?

Will never be for me .. the thought repulses me

My daughter doesn't want it , what am I to do ? Force her ? Never
That’s strange, I haven’t seen you voice concerns about mandatory vaccines for health workers?

shmmeee

I might waffle , but seriously , what happens after ? When they still refuse ? What then ?

Nobody has an answer, because there is no thought after the initial sentence of " you shall pay for the Consequences of your actions " is there ?

Nonsense soundbite , that's all it is

Isn’t the absolute strictest country out there just fining people? What’s all this talk of starving and denying medical care about? Who has suggested that?

shmmeee

I'm very pro vaccine , had both and hoping for the booster ASAP .

I don't think I will ever be comfortable with mandatory jabs , what they going to do ? Pin them down ? Stop them buying food ? Stop them receiving medical treatment ? Stop them walking the street ?

Will never be for me .. the thought repulses me

My daughter doesn't want it , what am I to do ? Force her ? Never

Yes you should be able to say no to a child and make them get medical intervention though. That’s your job as an adult. If children could be left to make all the right decisions we wouldn’t need parents.

greys4life

I really don't think so. Ultimately, people in need have to be helped.

But what is the answer – one bed left in ICU, 2 patients needing that bed:

First patient is Colin 23 with the tin foil hat on who insists he only speaks Klingon, not vaccinated by choice and has been out and about as if no pandemic exists, thinks its all a conspiracy until now but blames Bill Gates for him being ill.

Patient number 2 is Maud, over 60 has an underlying condition so cannot be vaccinated, for most of the pandemic she’s been staying in, not seeing her family apart from through a window, lonely but trying to do the right thing by keeping herself safe and considering others as she knows not being vaccinated could make it easier to spread.

So the older lady who’s likely to die sooner due to age or Colin?

Evo1883

But what is the answer – one bed left in ICU, 2 patients needing that bed:

First patient is Colin 23 with the tin foil hat on who insists he only speaks Klingon, not vaccinated by choice and has been out and about as if no pandemic exists, thinks its all a conspiracy until now but blames Bill Gates for him being ill.

Patient number 2 is Maud, over 60 has an underlying condition so cannot be vaccinated, for most of the pandemic she’s been staying in, not seeing her family apart from through a window, lonely but trying to do the right thing by keeping herself safe and considering others as she knows not being vaccinated could make it easier to spread.

So the older lady who’s likely to die sooner due to age or Colin?
They would /should prioritise based on severity as they do now for most things anyway

Their vaccine status wouldn't enter the equation neither should it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We aren't other countries , and there's been huge protests around Europe

Goes more extreme , the protest wont die out will They?

How long before these people are allowed to apply for jobs again btw ?

No need to worry about that. Govt is making protesting illegal and will have a prison sentence attached, so they'll get a roof over their head and food that way.

Users who are viewing this thread