Cranie to Watford??? (1 Viewer)

Skyblueheff

My mate at work who is a Watford season ticket holder has said they have tested the water with a £350,000 bid for Craine. Don't we need to be offering him a new contract as his expires at the end of next season, to avoid all this mess again!

dojer

How on earth would he know about Watford's intimate transfer dealings just because he's a season ticket holder? He's probably just heard it from someone else who either heard from someone else or has just made it up, Watford have quite a few defenders if memory serves.

I agree that we need to offer him a contract early but he's likely to be one of the highest earners left at the club so wouldn't surprise me if he left in all honesty.

skyblueinBaku

350K for Crainie isn't testing the water, it's taking the pi$$. Anyway, how would a season ticket holder get hold of such sensitive information?

rob9872

I'm also a season ticket holder and my sources have confirmed that we have asked them to come back with something nearer the £351k figure that we had in mind for him.

Pigeon

It's not shocking that people would be interested in Cranie, he's a great player for us and has been our Mr Reliable over the last few seasons slotting in most places to cover our injuries, he could even be our goalie this coming season for all we know! I do agree with the others that we really do need to get his contract renewed.

ccfc_Tom

Even though the club have seemingly just let king and westy go after the anger from fans over king i would be really surprised if we started selling people specially with the thin squad we've got

Tankie

Even though the club have seemingly just let king and westy go after the anger from fans over king i would be really surprised if we started selling people specially with the thin squad we've got

Its, commonly known as a"Closing Down Sale" The writings on the wall, in HUGE, letters.
...Tankie...

ajsccfc

Two players we expected to leave have left. The Telegraph are reporting months-old stories of financial woe and dressing them up as new revelations to get hits and sell papers during the off-season lull. I don't see why people are panicking. The only thing that came close to being a surprise at any point was when King initially agreed to renew.

Do Watford season ticket holders get to hang around the manager's office as part of their deal?

sky blue john

I wouldn't right off any sale at any price especially as the club is trying to survive one month to the next !!!!!!!

Frostie

I read somewhere else about this... Hopefully its the same person posting it on the internet & there is no substance to it! :thinking about:

If Cranie goes that's 4 of our top 5 or 6 players gone and nobody in.... :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread