crawley town away first game (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSwiss

after ACL had started proceedings to do it first,dont be so niave

I do not believe that you are so stupid that you actually believe what you yourself wrote.
You know damn well that ACL were legally obliged to react in said manner when Fisher declared publically and in the national press that they had no choice but to liquidate.
Why do you and others keep throwing up this stupid red herring? What are you trying to achieve by constantly distorting the facts in this manner?

Brighton Sky Blue

How far away from Crawley on the train is Brighton? I'm liking my idea of beers on the beach at Brighton in the sun prior to the opening day fixture. :D

It's about half an hour if memory serves however Crawley's ground is nowhere near either Crawley or Three Bridges station unfortunately so you might have to fork out for a taxi.

Sterling Archer

Yep, remember doing that last season, cost about £6 or £7 for the taxi which isn't too bad when split between 3 or 4 of you.

What is bad is trying to get back to the train station in the pissing rain after a gutless 2-0 defeat. :mad:

Pleased that Peterborough away is a Saturday as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, remember doing that last season, cost about £6 or £7 for the taxi which isn't too bad when split between 3 or 4 of you.

What is bad is trying to get back to the train station in the pissing rain after a gutless 2-0 defeat. :mad:

Pleased that Peterborough away is a Saturday as well.

I'm annoyed about Carlisle as it's the second season running that we're away there when I'm not at uni. Going back for a PhD this time round so my chances of getting to a game, away or otherwise, are virtually nil once I go up.

Sterling Archer

Uni in Scotland? You couldn't wait to get as far away from Brighton as possible so it seems. :)

I have a friend who lives in Gillingham and is a Gillingham fan. We've been chatting about the possibility of this game for ages, lo and behold its away on a Tuesday! :facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Uni in Scotland? You couldn't wait to get as far away from Brighton as possible so it seems. :)

I have a friend who lives in Gillingham and is a Gillingham fan. We've been chatting about the possibility of this game for ages, lo and behold its away on a Tuesday! :facepalm:

I'm from Coventry and lived there for most of my life until I was 18 when I went to uni in Scotland. My 4th year was an industrial placement year on the south coast (I lived in Brighton for that, which is when I signed up to SBT), and went back up to Scotland to finish my course this year. One of the professors offered me a PhD in May so I'm now committed to another 4 years up there-I have debated changing my username to Tartan Sky Blue though seeing as I enjoyed Brighton so much I've just left it as it is as a little reminder of my time there. :)

Personally I'm just hoping we can at least get a point off Shrewsbury to avoid humiliation from the missus!

Sterling Archer

Ha ha ha, can you imagine someone telling you 10 years ago we'd have to get a result at Shrewsbury to avoid the Missus taking the piss out of you? You have to laugh or you'll cry.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ha ha ha, can you imagine someone telling you 10 years ago we'd have to get a result at Shrewsbury to avoid the Missus taking the piss out of you? You have to laugh or you'll cry.

It was a very bad season for that last year. Half her family support Crewe and the other half Shrewsbury-I never thought we'd actually lose all 4 league games against those two!

covcity4life

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not.

Don't really give a fuck too be honest but you certainly share a same illiterate posting style as a similar poster who flounced and then came back.

Maybe your sisters.

you obviously do give a fuck which is why i cant stop laughing.

Diehard Si

If the fixtures are out can someone cross reference our matches against Walsall and Northamptons and see what ground we are playing at?

If we're always 'home' when one is away we can safely say that's where we will be.

Diehard Si

If the fixtures are out can someone cross reference our matches against Walsall and Northamptons and see what ground we are playing at?

If we're always 'home' when one is away we can safely say that's where we will be.
Sod it, done it myself. Walsall it seems.

EDIT: and then I see the 4 page post on this already

:facepalm:

letsallsingtogether

yes but how many of these players will be here next season can see at least 2 on there way:mad::mad::blue:
no just think its important to rememebr that in

murphy
adams
fleck
barton
baker
moussa
clarke

we still have some of the best players in this league, add some talented youth a few laons/frees and i expect top 6

i expecte dit last year and till ACL stepped into try kill us we were within a few points of it

hemelsky

It's about half an hour if memory serves however Crawley's ground is nowhere near either Crawley or Three Bridges station unfortunately so you might have to fork out for a taxi.
A number 10 bus runs about every 10 minutes to the ground -- the bus station is practically opposite Crawley train station.
On foot it is only about 20 minutes (unless you've had too many beers on the beach)

Brighton Sky Blue

A number 10 bus runs about every 10 minutes to the ground -- the bus station is practically opposite Crawley train station.
On foot it is only about 20 minutes (unless you've had too many beers on the beach)

Works out about the same cost as a shared taxi then. To be honest I'd be tempted just to spend the day in Brighton instead, would be a lot more enjoyable!

The Reverend Skyblue

My wife's brother lives in Reigate so easy weekend for me. My son's going to come down from London, and we'll have a good football weekend.

Just a general question, is there anyone on here thinking of going to the Dutch friendlies ?

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

My wife's brother lives in Reigate so easy weekend for me. My son's going to come down from London, and we'll have a good football weekend.

Just a general question, is there anyone on here thinking of going to the Dutch friendlies ?
Was very tempted. I've always wanted to see City play in Europe. :D

Are any of the Dutch fixtures near Amsterdam? :pimp:

Users who are viewing this thread