CRFC vs Wasps - It's happening! (3 Viewers)

duffer

Stop being a victim. Just enjoy the moment that CRFC have earned.

I'm not a victim, dickhead. I just don't need a paid-for Wasps PR c**t like you patronising the club I support. Now fuck off back to making your adverts.

Grendel

The discussion is being deflected by the usual few away from the 'Happening' of CRFC Vs Wasps to protests and anti Wasps comments.
Effectively ruining the excitement of CRFC stepping up a league and being recognised as worthy opponents for a Premier team.
I can understand the underlying sentiment from some CCFC fans but don't start crying when I respond to some of the negative comments.

“Worthy oppenents” - straight out the Eastwood book of condesending drivel

duffer

The mental stuff on here is that people are unable to accept what has happened and move on.
Nothings going to change.

By that logic there would be no point in making a stand against anything. Maybe some people hold themselves to higher standards. I'd say you ought to try it, but it would be a waste of time.

You've hitched yourself to Wasps wagon for the sake of a few quid. Most of your posts are performing moral somersaults to try to justify that to yourself and others.

That seems pretty mental to me, or at least somewhat embarrassing. I can only imagine that you enjoy provoking negative feedback for some reason, that or you're getting paid to do it...

Grendel

Move on guys, enjoy the football (and tackle the real problem of working towards a long term deal at the Ricoh whatever that entails.

Oh dear white flag waived

italiahorse

Again, what's that got to do with any of the discussion in this thread?

It's not a discussion its a bicker from football fans about Rugby and who can't get their head round the fact CRFC have pulled this together.
Might even get some Wasps fans to regularly attend CRFC matches as well because thats what rugby fans do.
My worry is that if CCFC don't get promoted this year Butts might be an option for Saturdays. I'm warming to it to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
It's not a discussion its a bicker from football fans about Rugby and who can't get their head round the fact CRFC have pulled this together.
Might even get some Wasps fans to regularly attend CRFC matches as well because thats what rugby fans do.
My worry is that if CCFC don't get promoted this year Butts might be an option for Saturdays. I'm warming to it to be honest.

No, it quite clearly is a discussion and also has a few Cov Rugby fans in it?

Again, why do you struggle so much with what is actually being discussed? You remind me of somebody in India at a call centre who if you ask them something not on the script it baffles them.

italiahorse

Italia has posted some mental stuff on here over the years but this tops it all. The idea that playing a Wasps reserve team is some sort of reason for celebration or validation for CRFC is lunacy.

CRFC see it different and rightly so.

BIG NEWS!: The Clash of Coventry It’s the news you’ve all been waiting for. We can officially announce we’ve arranged a pre-season fixture against @WaspsRugby at the @ButtsPark_Arena!!! #
1f418.png
v
1f41d.png
#clashofcoventry Find out more here
1f447.png
http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2018/03/29/cov-to-take-on-wasps/…

Nick

Administrator
Lost me again. Have you got blinkers on ?

It isn't hard is it...

Where in that does it say they the wasps game will be a celebration of their promotion like you keep going on about?

How does that relate to the shit you keep trying to push?

The only person who is consistently blinkered is you. Why's that? "Everybody needs to support SISU, we should let the club die so Wasps can get us".

italiahorse

It isn't hard is it...

Where in that does it say they the wasps game will be a celebration of their promotion like you keep going on about?

How does that relate to the shit you keep trying to push?

The only person who is consistently blinkered is you. Why's that? "Everybody needs to support SISU, we should let the club die so Wasps can get us".

Sour Grapes I'm afraid.
I see it as a celebration for the club and recognition they are back on the radar again.

That's your problem, you can't see change and stick with your original views.
Should I stick with Sisu because once they had good intentions ? No way.

Terry Gibson's perm

Sour Grapes I'm afraid.
I see it as a celebration for the club and recognition they are back on the radar again.

Is it a celebration of wasps trying to close the door on Coventry getting promoted to the top league?

italiahorse

Nick

Administrator
Sour Grapes I'm afraid.

It isn't sour grapes, it is the fact that because you are suddenly a massive Rugby fan now Wasps are here your whole attitude is that CRFC should be honoured that Wasps are going to play them in a friendly and their fans should celebrate that fact.

Nothing to do with them celebrating the great season they have just had, going unbeaten for so long etc.

The celebration for CRFC is the job done by the staff, owner, players and club as a whole and them being promoted as Champions. It is fuck all to do with Wasps, no matter how much you try to shoehorn them up to give them a bit of glory and credit.

Cov Rugby Fans will have celebrated and be celebrating that, it's nothing to do with Wasps. It's like us getting promoted this year and playing Leicester in a pre season friendly and their fans saying we are celebrating playing them in a friendly.

Our celebration would be at Wembley lifting the trophy if it was via playoffs, our celebration would be the final day of the season if it was top 3. The good feeling would be going up to the first game of the season in the league above next year. Nothing to do with who we play in friendlies.

Last edited:

italiahorse

It isn't sour grapes, it is the fact that because you are suddenly a massive Rugby fan now Wasps are here your whole attitude is that CRFC should be honoured that Wasps are going to play them in a friendly and their fans should celebrate that fact.

Nothing to do with them celebrating the great season they have just had, going unbeaten for so long etc.

The celebration for CRFC is the job done by the staff, owner, players and club as a whole and them being promoted as Champions. It is fuck all to do with Wasps, no matter how much you try to shoehorn them up to give them a bit of glory and credit.

Cov Rugby Fans will have celebrated and be celebrating that, it's nothing to do with Wasps. It's like us getting promoted this year and playing Leicester in a pre season friendly and their fans saying we are celebrating playing them in a friendly.

Our celebration would be at Wembley lifting the trophy if it was via playoffs, our celebration would be the final day of the season if it was top 3. The good feeling would be going up to the first game of the season in the league above next year. Nothing to do with who we play in friendlies.

Honoured ?
When CCFC play Liverpool in a friendly it will be recognition we are back in the Championship.

pastythegreat

CRFC see it different and rightly so.

BIG NEWS!: The Clash of Coventry It’s the news you’ve all been waiting for. We can officially announce we’ve arranged a pre-season fixture against @WaspsRugby at the @ButtsPark_Arena!!! #
1f418.png
v
1f41d.png
#clashofcoventry Find out more here
1f447.png
http://www.coventryrugby.co.uk/2018/03/29/cov-to-take-on-wasps/…
It's doesn't say the words BIG NEWS or CLASH OF COVENTRY once in that link on the COVENTRY rugby website! Their words you've made up and added! It's not a celebration, nor is it a derby. It is however, a possibility for CRFC to gain a bit of publicity and hopefully a few extra fans. Fans from Coventry who have only ever watched Rugby since the insects have turned up. Fans like you!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
U23 but don't let that get in the way of the facts.

It was a Liverpool XI if you want to be factually correct. Not far off what Wasps are doing is it?

Why do you persist in embarrassing yourself by being so desperate to big Wasps up? The same as you did with SISU.

italiahorse

It's doesn't say the words BIG NEWS or CLASH OF COVENTRY once in that link on the COVENTRY rugby website! Their words you've made up and added! It's not a celebration, nor is it a derby. It is however, a possibility for CRFC to gain a bit of publicity and hopefully a few extra fans. Fans from Coventry who have only ever watched Rugby since the insects have turned up. Fans like you!

It's their official tweet #clashofcoventry
CRFC were not the team I followed pre Wasps it was (and still is) Coventry Welsh. But if CCFC are in L2 next year I will probably take in a few CRFC games as well.

Nick

Administrator
It's their official tweet #clashofcoventry
CRFC were not the team I followed pre Wasps it was (and still is) Coventry Welsh. But if CCFC are in L2 next year I will probably take in a few CRFC games as well.

That's not supporting a team, it's watching your daughter play. As it was when she played for Keresley and you were a Keresley Fan...

It's like saying I am a fan of the arts because I go to watch my daughter in a concert or I am a rounders fan if I go and watch her in a match.

pastythegreat

That's not supporting a team, it's watching your daughter play. As it was when she played for Keresley and you were a Keresley Fan...

It's like saying I am a fan of the arts because I go to watch my daughter in a concert or I am a rounders fan if I go and watch her in a match.
Next season i wont be renewing my ST, im now a Chapelfields Colts 9-a-side fan.

italiahorse

Supporting is supporting regardless. That's how I started getting into rugby when she started playing at Cov Welsh..
My grand daughter now also plays for the ladies as does my 'son in law' for the men.

Nope sour grapes.

Nick

Administrator
Supporting is supporting regardless. That's how I started getting into rugby when she started playing at Cov Welsh..
My grand daughter now also plays for the ladies as does my 'son in law' for the men.

Nope sour grapes.

It's all well and good saying sour grapes over and over again but it clearly isn't, why don't you reply to the points you try to bring up and get replied to?

No, you go to watch your family play. It's not the same as supporting a team as if the family members move teams then you go and watch a different team.

Your aim was to try and shoehorn something about Wasps into CRFC celebrating promotion to give them credit for it, it clearly hasn't worked and it's pretty embarrassing that you persist in trying and you struggle so much to actually read what's going on.

Again, not rocket science.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Should have been loser leaves town! ( unless it was Cov and we’re not going anywhere as this is our city!)

Looking forward to my first league game as a season ticket holder next Saturday! This clubs making me proper proud!

Can’t help but think wasps arrival has only spurred those at CRFC on!

500/1 to win the championship on Wednesday Tim who wrote the blog tweeted about it Cov fans have backed it now down to 66/1

Users who are viewing this thread