Cricket 2024 (1 Viewer)

CCFCSteve

Massive innings by Pope, not just in respect of this test but hopefully puts some stuff to bed mentally. He’s always had the talent by all accounts, just not delivered regularly in critical situations

Attachments

• 5AB70B3B-FA2F-4F61-8982-4CF6F62D236F.jpeg
    5AB70B3B-FA2F-4F61-8982-4CF6F62D236F.jpeg
    826.3 KB · Views: 15

SlowerThanPlatt

Loved this on the Beeb.

You just can't take your eyes off these blokes.

When you think they might finally go quietly into the night, they pour another drink. Next thing you know, there's a full-on rave going on in your front room.

OffenhamSkyBlue

That match had parallels with the 1981 Ashes test at Headingley, where we had a huge 1st innings deficit (albeit forced to follow-on) and Botham scored 149 in the second innings which contributed to a lead to bowl at, then Willis took that 8 for 43.

But to do it in India, with Hartley on debut and having been pasted in the first innings, may rank it higher in my book!

Astonishing win! Cue the 4-1 series thumping!

ovduk78

Just watching highlights of Windies beating the Aussies, stands look empty which is disappointing in such a close game

OffenhamSkyBlue

Hyderabad wasn't exactly packed to the rafters, sadly, for such a cricket-loving nation.
Funny that this series is being played in more provincial cities rather than the better-known megapolis places we are more familiar with.
I have been to India a couple of times, and i have never heard of Visakhapatnam, Rajkot or Ranchi (2nd, 3rd & 4th tests). If you get a chance to get out there for the final test in Dharamsala in early March, it is one of the most picturesque cricket grounds you will ever see (yes, including Kenilworth!!) see photo with the Himalayas in the background. And a fantastic town to boot - you might even see the Dalai Lama!
1706537336750.png

Last edited:

Mcbean

We got a mention this morning when the commentators were talking about food - Mickey Quin of Newcastle and Coventry had a pie thrown at him during a match so he took a bite out of it and threw it back - his autobiography is called “ who ate all the pies “

good catch from Stokes about the only good thing !

Sky Blue Pete

Well on if root can bat
Need a whopper hundred from stokes or a couple of hundreds from pope root or others
It’s 85/15 India’s way

Mcbean

Shame Duckett got caught as he is a good spin player but as above solid start - I love listening at night as I am such a bad sleeper - can’t wait for 4.00 am to come round - good commentary and good punditry for TalkSPORT

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah, good we didn’t just crumble. Needed a massive score from someone though
I think a number of people fell foul of the "Bazball" ethos and didn't give themselves time to get in before starting to smack it around, getting out cheaply as a result. Stokes's run out was poor decision-making in the situation he found himself. We could have got closer with some more traditional batting.

tisza

Key issue in both Tests has been that one batsman has made a large decisive score. Take away Pope's knock and it's an India win in the first Test,remove Jaiswal's double hundred and it's an England victory this time.

Skyblue Bangkok

A
Key issue in both Tests has been that one batsman has made a large decisive score. Take away Pope's knock and it's an India win in the first Test,remove Jaiswal's double hundred and it's an England victory this time.Alth

Key issue in both Tests has been that one batsman has made a large decisive score. Take away Pope's knock and it's an India win in the first Test,remove Jaiswal's double hundred and it's an England victory this time.
Stokes was a bit lazy with his run out. Too laid back.

Users who are viewing this thread