Crowd trouble (1 Viewer)

COV

I would like to know what Boddy is going to be doing going forward. If the away ends holds 6,000 and we can only cater for 4,000, then that is an issue and I suggest they do something about it.

Boddy is powerless to do anything if the police make a decision like this

Grendel

Boddy is powerless to do anything if the police make a decision like this

giphy.gif

Gynnsthetonic

Don't want more than 4k away fans anyway, it obviously costs more to have a higher police presence which wouldn't be a problem if we got to the Prem.

chiefdave

What’s the actual capacity for football if we have to have a chasm between fans then?
There is apparently 32,753 seats with 6K of those in the away - guessing that's approximate. That's would only put it down to about 30K with segregation but its been said a couple of times the balcony can't be used, no idea why, but if that's true that will take more off. At the moment I think a couple of blocks are for people who want to social distance so that will knock it down a bit more.

Put it this way I don't think we need to worry about not being able to get a seat just yet!

oscillatewildly

It’s a bit small time really from all concerned to give a club tickets and then reduce the number.
'Small time', you say? Our own FA once returned a sizeable allocation from the Austrian FA for a qualifier a few years ago.
They did this of course once me and a mate had booked our flights once it was confirmed we would definitely qualify for a ticket through the members scheme.
'Horse, bolt & gate' spring to mind but it remains to be seen how the club will deal with the (undoubted) possibility of brummie incursion in the North stand.
Doubling up with the number of chocolate fire guard stewards may not be the best solution.

CV22SBA

There is apparently 32,753 seats with 6K of those in the away - guessing that's approximate. That's would only put it down to about 30K with segregation but its been said a couple of times the balcony can't be used, no idea why, but if that's true that will take more off. At the moment I think a couple of blocks are for people who want to social distance so that will knock it down a bit more.

Put it this way I don't think we need to worry about not being able to get a seat just yet!
Definitely been fans on the balcony this season, not many but some. Thats how the Fulham trouble started.

shmmeee

Wasn't the original justification for the small number of parking spaces and massive no parking zone that the stadium would be easily accessible by public transport?
I think it was the parking restriction zone is far too large
[/QUOTE]

Was all about the Green Travel Plan IIRC. To get planning had to claim only a certain percentage we’re coming by car.

OffenhamSkyBlue

It would make more sense to have away supporters at the Telegraph end, park the coaches immediately outside. That deals with the main bulk of fans which then would make it easier for the police to deal with any that are going back towards the station.
True, but the total lack of mixing in the concourse due to its construction will trump all of that.

Skyblueweeman

One of my workmates wants me to go round and have a chat with his 14 year old son.Apparently he got caught throwing stones at Derby fans.His parents have confiscated his season ticket and Stone Island jacket.This is going to be fun.

Do you mind me asking why he wants you to have a chat with him? Is his own feedback not enough? No dig, just genuinely intrigued.

In terms of the throwing stones, I have a slightly shameful story from when I was about 14 or 15. I was delivering free newspapers on a weekly basis around the estate where my folks lived in Wiltshire. I was delivering in one particular cul de sac when a group of other kids, maybe about 4 of them between the ages of 10-15 starting shouting stuff at me. I can't recall what exactly but given that I was even more of a short arse then than I am now, I wouldn't exactly have been starting anything. Anyway, they were calling me names or something from about 30yds away so I picked up a stone and threw it in their direction. It hit one of them, a little girl about 12 yrs old on the side of her head and it started bleeding badly. Her mum came out and rightly unleashed a world of abuse on me. I apologised as much as I could, made sure she was alright and then went on my way. To this day, I've always thought about that when things like this pop up. An inch or two to the side and I could've blinded her. Thankfully I didn't and I've grown up to stay well clear of trouble.

On a similar note, I had two friends fall out massively a couple of years ago over a woman. One came up behind the other and sucker punched him from behind on the side of the head. Whilst a dick thing to do, that was also out of character. My mate who was hit, fell, knocked his head and needed emergency surgery for a bleed on the brain. Thankfully, he's ok as well and believe it or not, they're now on talking terms, albeit they'll never be great friends again.

The moral of those two stories - just don't fucking do it...you just never know what might happen. As a stupid, naive 14 year old, I was incredibly lucky that I didn't blind that girl. My mate was lucky he didn't kill another mate. Just don't do it...it's not worth it. As others have said, the effects of 'a little ruck' can have life lasting effects.

Skyblueweeman

There was loads of trouble with them when we played them there in the cup match

That doesn't mean there will be trouble in this game though, I doubt it really

Ahh ok. I thought that might have been the case but don't recall reading anything about it at the time.

COV

There has been trouble virtually every time we've played them in Cov, including in the midweek game back in 2006.

For sure- but I don't think we'll be seeing the same type of thing as Derby though with people fighting in the ground right in front of coppers & guaranteeing themselves bans & visits from the police..

Worst I remember with them was in the 80s, we drew 4-4 & it was kicking off everywhere.. think it was a Sunday?

clint van damme

What fucking space cadet decided adding those extra concrete barriers to the walkway down to the station would be a good idea?
Minor inconvenience for me, major ball ache for fella behind me and his mate in a wheelchair.

Whoever dreamt up that idea should be getting his p45 in the morning.

hill83

What fucking space cadet decided adding those extra concrete barriers to the walkway down to the station would be a good idea?
Minor inconvenience for me, major ball ache for fella behind me and his mate in a wheelchair.

I actually stacked it over one of them tonight. Nothing to do with the 9 pints.

Irish Sky Blue

I noticed them on the way in and didn’t really pay them much attention. On the way out they were a major obstruction to the flow of the crowd, also very difficult to see in the dark and also the crush of the crowd. I’m not sure what they were supposed to do.

pusbccfc

It's baffling. No other clubs have a 10 foot wall and 50 feet septating fans after the game where there are 800 away fans all on coaches.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Big lumps of concrete are most usually deployed on the advice of counter-terrorism to protect crowded spaces from potential vehicle attacks. Not sure what ones you are talking about, but probably not specifically for crowd control

chiefdave

Big lumps of concrete are most usually deployed on the advice of counter-terrorism to protect crowded spaces from potential vehicle attacks. Not sure what ones you are talking about, but probably not specifically for crowd control
Must have been some intelligence that Cov v Swansea was top of the list for the Taliban.

Users who are viewing this thread