Crumb of comfort (1 Viewer)

Otis

In my experience over the years you always get a few strange results over Christmas / Easter when teams play a couple of games in just 3 days.

Quite often you will see a team get beat quite easily in the first game only to bounce back with a surprise just 3 days later in the 2nd fixture. Same goes for a win, win a game, go into the 2nd fixture with high hopes, lose the 2nd game.

We of course, drew and didn't lose, but Bristol did win against the odds. Hopefully this trend that quite often occurs will continue to do so on Monday and it will be us that comes out victorious.

A draw will be fine on Monday and I am sure Bristol will be happy with a draw too. What cannot happen though is for us to lose the game. That would just about do it for us.

A draw though and we will still be just a point behind with these fixtures to come for the two sides after;

Bristol after us have Birmingham and then West Ham. We have Burnley and then Millwall.

You would have to think we could quite easily make up that one point over those 2 forthcoming fixtures. Football is a funny game of course, but the odds are on both Birmingham and West Ham both coming away with at least a point each, if not wins.

You would also fancy us to pick up 2 or 3 points from those two games wouldn't you?

Monday is key for sure. Don't think we need to win, but we most certainly cannot afford to lose.

Last edited:

Otis

Agreed.

Still a few twists and turns to be had maybe. You have to say Donny are gone mind.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yea a draw would be ok as we have the easiest final 4 fixtures and would only have to gain 1 point on Bristol as we have the superior GD
Bristol

Birmingham
West Ham
Burnley
Barnsley

Coventry

Milwall
Burnley
Doncaster
Southampton

I am thinking Bristol will get around 5 points, surely we can then get 6?

If we lose we will be looking for minimum 3 wins to just give us a chance which will probably be too much.

I am hoping Bristol will be emotionally and physically drained after todays game.

BackRoomRummermill

When will people realise this is the silly season end of the league, DONT BANK ON ANYTHING

That said we could end up winning at St Marys to stay up

Brighton Sky Blue

People are talking like it's curtains for us and I'm mighty fed up of it-we are a point behind with vastly superior GD-keep your heads up boys!

BackRoomRummermill

We can stay up, we just need to get out of the relegation zone right now and stop wasting golden opputunities like against the posh.

BCFC 0 Cov 2

Otis

People are talking like it's curtains for us and I'm mighty fed up of it-we are a point behind with vastly superior GD-keep your heads up boys!

I know I know. Cast your mind back to yesterday morning though. The talk then was of us maybe going 4 points clear of Bristol, not of us being back in the bottom 3.

Pretty hard to take that we didn't even lose, have extended our unbeaten run, yet have dropped back into the relegation places. This is why people are so stunned and so down.

Users who are viewing this thread