Cwr phone in (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Only just tuned in, who is on and whats happened so far?

TheRoyalScam

Clive sitting on the fence again - had a chance to grill Waggott over the transfer embargo but let him off the hook.

When Waggott said people were working to get the transfer embargo lifted sooner rather than later, instead of asking simple probing questions ('Who?' 'How?') Eakin just changed the topic.

Gray

I thought if you were in administration you could only make short term transfers like Portsmouth have had too?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Waggott been on. Finished by declining to comment on whether we would be playing at the Ricoh next yr. Concentrating on the playing staff recruitment / shipping out.

Apparently a ball boy is fan of the week today! Just said last week was his last game. Wonder if he's the old looking one from the corner of the cet stand? Claims they've got rid of quite a few at the end of this season!!

General consensus seems not many fans would go to games outside of Coventry.

Haven't heard all the calls (and haven't really taken in much of what's been said tbf.....more so the old man who's got it one and its just a noise to me!)

rupert_bear

Waggott told us nothing skirted the important question, about time we hired Jeremy Paxman to do the sport on a Friday night

torchomatic

I thought the last caller made a bit of sense in a way. Because, it's not all SISUs fault. The Council have to take some blame for our position too. Not the none payment of rent obviously, but the unsustainable amount it was pegged at. ACL are dragging us down just as much as SISU are.

torchomatic

Bit odd that considering every Saturday evening we're told on here by the hysterical how "pro" SISU Linnel, Eakin and the BBC are. ;)

At least they found the only sisu fan in town .......The last caller

cloughie

I thought the last caller made a bit of sense in a way. Because, it's not all SISUs fault. The Council have to take some blame for our position too. Not the none payment of rent obviously, but the unsustainable amount it was pegged at. ACL are dragging us down just as much as SISU are.

Nobody can deny that there has been fault on both sides yet I think more so from sisu, but the point was that the guy said he didn't think it was sisu' s fault it's all the councils doing

Even the most active sisu backers ( not using the word supporter)have now come to the conclusion that they are not good for the club

Last edited:

torchomatic

I do think SISU take the lion's share of the blame. Yeah, he was obviously wrong blaming it all on the Council but similarly I think those who blame it all on SISU are wide of the mark.

Nobody can deny that there has been fault on both sides yet I think more so from sisu, but the point was that the guy said he didn't think it was sisu' s fault it's all the councils doing

blueflint

shite and u know it

rupert_bear

I think the last caller, Pete, is the one connected to the consultative group who is on cwr regularly, not certain but think it was. He always blames council 100% in this saga.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

As ive asked before why is the Council to blame, rent 1.25x5=6 miillion

Debt 60-6=54million but bear in mind they havent paid any rent for over a year

So were the council responsible for the huge debt that Sisu have?

Oh and these wonderfull business people think that threatening to play outside of the city of Coventry is a great idea. Yes and building a new stadium is another.

OPEN YOUR EYES

fernandopartridge

As ive asked before why is the Council to blame, rent 1.25x5=6 miillion

Debt 60-6=54million but bear in mind they havent paid any rent for over a year

So were the council responsible for the huge debt that Sisu have?

Oh and these wonderfull business people think that threatening to play outside of the city of Coventry is a great idea. Yes and building a new stadium is another.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Open your eyes. £60m is a complete misnomer.

It'd be interesting to look at the council's budget management over the years.

georgehudson

i listened, nothing new, nothing explained, just platitudes from various,
i suppose they are all bound by 'sub judice' or confidentiality clauses,
it's all a bit like kids in a playground,
it wasn't me/them etc.,
i reckon CE must have splinters through sittin' on the fence,
& where was SL to tell us where, when, how, & why ?
still we can rely on our local media hounds to be truly investigative,
the fans & players suffer the ignominious state due to who ?

I'mARealWizard

If only they'd made numerous offers over the last 16 months to try and help the client in not having to pay what the contract they agreed to was.

If only.... :whistle:

torchomatic

Ah, if only some fans could see that one side isn't 100% to blame for our mess. Alas, they never will.

Grendel

If only they'd made numerous offers over the last 16 months to try and help the client in not having to pay what the contract they agreed to was.

If only.... :whistle:

If only they showed a commitment to the football club in the first place by not trying to fleece them when at their lowest ebb.

Sisu are a hedge fund. They are what they are. You would not expect the same attitude from your local council.

Well we will see soon enough the councils stance now. The current offer will never be acceptable to any new owner. They will have to make a lot more concessions.

BackRoomRummermill

There is no doubt everyone is to blame, to say that ACL and the council are blameless is complete stupidity. It could have been sorted out long ago.

I'mARealWizard

If only they showed a commitment to the football club in the first place by not trying to fleece them when at their lowest ebb.

Sisu are a hedge fund. They are what they are. You would not expect the same attitude from your local council.

Well we will see soon enough the councils stance now. The current offer will never be acceptable to any new owner. They will have to make a lot more concessions.

I don't recall the events of that December in the same way as you, clearly.

I take it all back if SISU were forced at gun-point into taking on Cov City and the contracts.

Neither do I recall the preceding events of coming close to relegation on numerous occasions and publicly questioning the level of rent charged.

I also don't recall any legal precedent deeming that because a company is a hedge fund, they are able to neglect the conditions of any contract they have been happy to fulfill for 5 years or more.

But I see your point, it's ACL's fault for being screwed out of in excess of 16 months rent :wave:

torchomatic

You probably don't recall the Club wanting to talk to the Council about the rent level only three months after we moved into the place in December 2005 then either?

I don't recall the events of that December in the same way as you, clearly.

I take it all back if SISU were forced at gun-point into taking on Cov City and the contracts.

Neither do I recall the preceding events of coming close to relegation on numerous occasions and publicly questioning the level of rent charged.

I also don't recall any legal precedent deeming that because a company is a hedge fund, they are able to neglect the conditions of any contract they have been happy to fulfill for 5 years or more.

But I see your point, it's ACL's fault for being screwed out of in excess of 16 months rent :wave:

I'mARealWizard

You probably don't recall the Club wanting to talk to the Council about the rent level only three months after we moved into the place in December 2005 then either?

I don't!

Would this be the Club pre-SISU then? :thinking about:

And yet when they had an opportunity to amend contracts when they took over, the Club still failed to act? You recall that I guess? :thinking about:

Still doesn't sound in any way as though it's the fault of ACL.

shmmeee

Are some people saying their problem is Sisu didn't complain at the start?

So if all this crap had been pulled in 2007, you'd be perfectly happy?

I don't understand. Is your problem SISUs tactics or their timing?

Users who are viewing this thread