Cwr tonight (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

I like rob and think his commentary is excellent but what I don’t like is him making comments about callers or texters with remarks about not leaving names etc. probably still remember his comments about a guy in the phone on the day we got relegated that was un called for back in 2001!

Still think he’s an excellent commentator though and remember his one of us.

Last edited:

nightowl1883

I thought their Fancast was ex players being interviewed etc which I assume can be an interesting listen depending on who’s being interviewed. But someone talking about Wilson’s arse,,,,,,where’s the off button? 🙄
If a man watched a womans game he would be (correctly) criticised for any women's appearance nice arse, etc. Yet the mans game women can say these things. For me this undermines the 'her game too' values and gives a very stereotypical view of women watching football.

CCFC54321

If a man watched a womans game he would be (correctly) criticised for any women's appearance nice arse, etc. Yet the mans game women can say these things. For me this undermines the 'her game too' values and gives a very stereotypical view of women watching football.
I heard something from a young girl using the term balls or ballsie’ - Doesn’t bother me but I did think if a bloke said tits up/lovely figure or similar he would be castrated live on air, front page of the telegraph and on some list of pervs.

Adge

Yep-that’s fair.

Adge

I’m very surprised Auntie (BBC) roll with it to be fair, knowing what they are like and how “impartial” they are supposed to be.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If there's one thing the BBC is, it isn't impartial.
There are some people who think it's too left wing, some who think it's too excusing of right wing extremists. So I guess that's a decent benchmark for being impartial. It's not perfect by any means, but in comparison to a lot of the other stuff around it's probably about as good as it gets.

skybluepm2

Have they replaced the phone in with the fan cast then?

pretty sure that’s the case, managed to get through half an hour of last week’s drivel and unnecessary forced laughter and I recall that Bailey woman mentioning it would be on each Monday from now on. She’s the worst of the lot. Cringefest

pusbccfc

Clive seemed very uncomfortable with the new presenters. He's clearly very professional and the podcast is not designed to be like that. There's room for both, surely?

AOM

pretty sure that’s the case, managed to get through half an hour of last week’s drivel and unnecessary forced laughter and I recall that Bailey woman mentioning it would be on each Monday from now on. She’s the worst of the lot. Cringefest

I think Lorna Bailey is actually okay, but I'm not a fan of the format of the fancast from what I've heard, it's pretty painful.
Can't imagine there will be many younger listeners tuning into CWR every week, and I guess that's the target audience they're trying to get in with it

chiefdave

Clive seemed very uncomfortable with the new presenters. He's clearly very professional and the podcast is not designed to be like that. There's room for both, surely?
Do they have Clive on the fanciest? That seems a mistake, let him do the actual reporting and keep the fancast seperate. Won't be long before they realise there's less listeners that day.

Doesn't anyone who wants to listen to that get it as a podcast anyway?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I like Clive but can somebody please tell him that Milan is a "van" not a "von".
People have pointed it out and he always replies saying that's how he's been told it's pronounced.

Just a shame the person that told him is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread