Danny Ward - Bolton (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I can't see us needing more strikers either. Might be just a rumour to get more people interested.

stephen howe

i've got to profess my ignorance, who is Danny Ward and is he any good? I'm sure big Aidy isn't doing a Fergie and signing a player he's never seen but is someone who can't get into the not very free scoring Bolton side really going to be any good. at least Jutkiewicz had a lot of strikers in front of him at Everton and Marlon King's been playing for Wintson Green 1stXI so he'll be happy just not playing in stripes.
As far as I can remember the last striker we plucked out of a reserve team was Darren Huckerby and that was a long time ago and we were far better then.

kenilworthrobin

Swindon fan here. Danny was on loan with us for most of last season and was consistently one of our best players, despite playing wide left - he couldn't dislodge our prolific strike partnership - he scored roughly 1 in 3 for us including important goals in each leg of the play-off semi-final.

He's pretty quick, good on the ball but fairly strong as well considering he's only 18. I don't understand how he can't get into the Bolton side, he couldn't have done much more to impress whilst on loan with us.

If he does sign for you, he's certainly good enough for the Championship. Any Town fan would have him back without any second thoughts, he's left a big gap in our side this season. I hope he does join you and not Millwall, would be a bit of a kick in the bollocks for us to be honest...

Tom

Thanks for that mate, makes me feel a whole lot more happier if the transfer goes through :D

CurryMonster

i think he would be a good addition to the squad, bit off youth and a bit off pace, and will be looking to impress

CoxyCCFC

Pace is what were lacking tbh. We look slugish and we need someone creative in the centre. Sammy Clingan needs to start.

Sky Blue Luke

Couldn't really go wrong with this loan, seems to have a good goalscoring record as a winger too.

But would this push Roy O'Donovan even further back in the pecking order?

smileycov

Facebook User
He decides on Friday......us and Millwall are favourites apparently :whistle:

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I think it would be more likely that he would come to cov if AD had rotated the squad a bit. I'm not saying the squad he has played has been bad, but the lad will be looking for first team football and he might not see that at Cov if the gaffa hasn't been changing the squad.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I think Bell is getting on a bit and needs a rest after starting every game so far. Get him in now that Leeds are out of the running after signing ross mccormack. But after yesterdays result i think he might want to go to the winning team. Hopefully he comes to cov but we cannot guarentee anything as of yet.

Nick

Administrator
According to the press we have won the race to sign him but he needs to sign a new contract with Bolton before they can loan him out again....

sy79

He has signed his new contract today so hopefully we'll findout soon if he's coming our way!

Users who are viewing this thread