Darius (1 Viewer)

Just seen a 15 goal compilation of DH' s goals and i must say he looks quite a handful up front with headers his main prowess.

But he must rely on crosses from the flanks to maximise his effect on the team - need for a TM rethink of tactics to enable this to happen and then we might have a bit of Fergie and Wallace to enjoy

stupot07

He's only ever going to be a plan b, I can't see him starting many or TM playing 2 up top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

pusbccfc

He looked so lazy on Sunday, but won a few headers.

Problem is RCC has no accuracy in his kicking.

Nick

Administrator
I think he may be decent if he gets chance to build up a partnership with Armstrong.

Gazolba

I'm tired of this "let's bring someone on for the last 15 minutes to get us a goal". If the person can help us get goals, he should be on from the start.

Otis

But it is all to do with systems too unfortunately. We haven't played with two strikers up top all season. If TM wishes to continue with one up front, then it will surely be Armstrong and not Henderson.

We have also been at our most successful when we have attacked at pace. Henderson isn't fast. Henderson was obviously brought in to be a plan b. Think that was the whole point. For him to come on when we need change things, or chase the game, or indeed, to defend a lead.

I'd be very surprised if TM suddenly played two up top. That would mean us having to totally change our system.

The only way I can see them both playing is if Armstrong takes on a wider role and Henderson is a lone target man in the middle.

percy

Armstrong and Murphy played wide with Maddison in a centre role by himself, very strange

not strange really. i think he wanted to try a false 9 and maddison has all the attributes for the role. he is supposed to draw the CBs onto him and then armstrong and murphy exploit the room in behind. its a tough role to get used to hence why maddison may have had a quiet game.

clint van damme

He looked so lazy on Sunday, but won a few headers.

Problem is RCC has no accuracy in his kicking.

I actually thought he did OK doing the job we've been crying out for someone to do.

Won a few headers, got himself between the centre halves and the ball a few times and nearly scored at the end. Agree he is a plan B though.

stupot07

Armstrong and Murphy played wide with Maddison in a centre role by himself, very strange

That's pretty much (JOB for Murphy) how we played in the opening game of the season against Wigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Funnily enough, they are the only two Pop Idol/X Factor people I have ever heard of.

Oh and Susan Boyle.

Otis

Congratulations for managing to live a life avoiding Rylan Clark then!
Who is that? Honestly never, ever heard of him.

I bet there are some people I have heard of, but I wouldn't know they were from Pop Idol or X Factor or the Voice or wherever.

skyblue1991

Was going to post a pun about Darius being on Pop Idol and the song 'Colourblind' hoping no-one else would but I was truly beaten :(

Users who are viewing this thread