Dave Tarpey turned us down (2 Viewers)

steve82

Signed for Barnet late on.

Transfer | Dave Tarpey signs for Barnet FC

791666f407bc2aa4ddcc29c619eba092.png

Last edited:

steve82

Shame we couldn't sort a deal, but Barnet is pretty local to where he is...

Queue the meltdown in the morning when the telegraph break the news and no Baker announcement to calm the waters.

Good luck to him, makes sense for him to go there. Maybe there fans will give him time to find his feet.

steve82

Looking forward to seeing what kind of meltdown the Telegraph will stir up. You know that if he did come here he'd be getting called shit after two games anyway like Biamou.

The Biamou hating needs to stop it's unfair on the lad given the minutes he's played.

Said this earlier in the summer he'd likely take time to adapt having stepped up but sections of our fan base won't allow that and will be on his back, didn't take long to be proved right.

He's not been given a fair crack yet. Throwing him on with 10 minutes left when chasing a game when playing poor, nothing coming off for anyone and lumping it to him like he's a old fashioned target man isn't his game.

Surely the most brain dead fans can work that much out. Please everyone put the Biamou bashing stick down.

Support him, try it....

CCFC_Charlie

The Biamou hating needs to stop it's unfair on the lad given the minutes he's played.

Said this earlier in the summer he'd likely take time to adapt having stepped up but sections of our fan base won't allow that and will be on his back, didn't take long to be proved right.

He's not been given a fair crack yet. Throwing him on with 10 minutes left when chasing a game when playing poor, nothing coming off for anyone and lumping it to him like he's a old fashioned target man isn't his game.

Surely the most brain dead fans can work that much out. Please everyone put the Biamou bashing stick down.

Support him, try it....

That's the mentality at this club though ain't it, unless they're amazing then they're shit, and as soon as they make mistakes they're as good as done. O'Brien might as well leave now because people are going to get on his back every game he plays for the foreseeable future and we're only 4 games into the season. It's already been decided that McNulty, Vincenti and Biamou aren't good enough as well, people are already turning against Kelly and Grimmer has been getting stick as well. The entire negative attitude is a massive problem, it surely can't help the team at all. I remember last season when we went to Cambridge in the cup and people were singing 'How shit must you be, we're drawing away' as the game was kicking off and it was clear to anyone that it got to the team. I understand where it comes from, it's no fun being terrible every year but it feels like new players are punished for the crimes of their predecessors. Footballers are humans after all and confidence plays a massive part in being a good footballer.

steve82

That's the mentality at this club though ain't it, unless they're amazing then they're shit, and as soon as they make mistakes they're as good as done. O'Brien might as well leave now because people are going to get on his back every game he plays for the foreseeable future and we're only 4 games into the season. It's already been decided that McNulty, Vincenti and Biamou aren't good enough as well, people are already turning against Kelly and Grimmer has been getting stick as well. The entire negative attitude is a massive problem, it surely can't help the team at all. I remember last season when we went to Cambridge in the cup and people were singing 'How shit must you be, we're drawing away' as the game was kicking off and it was clear to anyone that it got to the team. I understand where it comes from, it's no fun being terrible every year but it feels like new players are punished for the crimes of their predecessors. Footballers are humans after all and confidence plays a massive part in being a good footballer.

Well put, within 14 days we've gone from storming the league to crap.

MR has brought in strong characters for exactly this situation, so no one hides and pulls each other through. We're a new side with a huge amount of changes and yet to fully develop understandings and hit form that comes with time. Time isn't on half the players side already.

The negative section of our fan base will destroy this team before long, just support them. Mistakes will be made unfortunately, but obviously we can all do better ourselves as we're all class players... that's why we're doing our day jobs and working the night shift.

Gazolba

Oh dear oh dear, "Relocation wasn’t the issue, but I have a mortgage and without going into exact figures I would have been worse off."
giphy.gif
Worse off because he'd have to sell his house and buy another. Nothing to do with the finances at CCFC.

stupot07

He said he would earn more money working a job and part time as a non league footballer than what we offered him to go full time
I can't find what job he does? For all we know staying at Barnet might mean he can carry on his normal job part time. Not to mention if his missus works she doesnt have to move and look for another job. I doubt Barnet have offered more money than us.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mark82

He also suggested that it was because he would have to rent up here, so in a way it was actually about the finances of relocation.

shmmeee

What’s average League two wage? About £52k/year isn’t it?

Not hard to be on more than that, or close enough to it that a bit of part time wages and reduced costs makes it not worth your while.

fernandopartridge

What’s average League two wage? About £52k/year isn’t it?

Not hard to be on more than that, or close enough to it that a bit of part time wages and reduced costs makes it not worth your while.

Indeed, he lives in Maidenhead which is a fairly affluent place. It's 100 miles from Cov and it seemed to be that he was on about renting here during the week and returning there at weekends. So, he'd have a mortgage to pay and to pay for digs in the week, and not see his young kid.

steve82

e687bc7ea0c7e2bce6eaf635b023458b.png

Why do the telegraph do this? They feed the negativity of fools who moan constantly talking shit on there message board.

He didn't reject us for Barnet.
That's a factually incorrect headline.

Liquid Gold

e687bc7ea0c7e2bce6eaf635b023458b.png

Why do the telegraph do this? They feed the negativity of fools who moan constantly talking shit on there message board.

He didn't reject us for Barnet.
That's a factually incorrect headline.
You've got 2 notifications there mate, might want to see what they are.

Nick

Administrator
I noticed that as well, they do it to get people worked up and wonder why the club think they are cunts.

Warwickhunt

Sensible lad if you ask me! Thinking of his young family first most footballers do not even think like that nowadays. Do we know if he has had to pack up his job or are Barnet sensible over it.

steve82

A cruel blow has been given to Dave Tarpey, 5 minutes into his home debut against Cambridge while jumping for a header he lands badly doing his acl.
He's set to miss the remainder of the season.

It's a cruel game

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A cruel blow has been given to Dave Tarpey, 5 minutes into his home debut against Cambridge while jumping for a header he lands badly doing his acl.
He's set to miss the remainder of the season.

It's a cruel game

How gutted must he be right now!

Still, His League Two wage at Barnet will most certainly be better than SSP he'd have got doing his part time role ;)

Shame for him though after taking the plunge into the professional game and this injury happening so Soon

Users who are viewing this thread