David Haye trash talk upsets Wladimir Klitschko (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

_53729016_wlad.jpg

Wladimir Klitschko has called David Haye's pre-fight goading "disgraceful and disrespectful" ahead of Saturday's heavyweight title fight in Germany.

The Ukrainian was angered by the Londoner's comments about executions, decapitations and ambulances.

"This game, this sport, is very intense and unfortunately there have been a lot of cases where people have been handicapped and people have died during and after fights," said Klitschko.

"It's not something to joke about."

Britain's Haye, the WBA champion, previously wore a T-shirt showing him decapitating the Klitschko brothers (Wladimir and Vitali). He wore a new version of that on Monday.

And the 30-year-old added:
"This is going to be the most brutal execution of a boxer that you've seen for many, many years.

"I'm going to go out there and absolutely destroy him, really quickly."

Haye also responded to a challenge made by Wladimir's brother Vitali - the WBC champion - on Monday.

Vitali, a potential future opponent for Haye, asked the Brit to guarantee he will face the media after the bout.

"I'm coming for you after the fight," said Haye.

"Don't go to the hospital with your brother. Make sure you're there, don't go with the ambulance."

It was a jibe that further angered 35-year-old Wladimir ahead of their fight in Hamburg.

"No matter what, it is disgraceful and disrespectful for a man to wish to damage your health," said the IBF and WBO champion.

"It's something you do not say. I felt embarrassed at the way David Haye acted in the press conference. Because it also casts a shadow on the sport.

"I just feel an obligation to give him some rehabilitation on 2 July because it will make him a better person.

"It's very important to put his feet back on the ground. I think with all the wins that he got recently he became really cocky and totally big-headed.

"I'm angry for the last three years but it has transformed into concentration and motivation now."

Haye is no stranger to controversy and in November said his heavyweight title fight with Audley Harrison would be as "one-sided as a gang rape".

The Brit has also refused Wladimir's handshake every time it has been offered, creating further bad feeling between the two men.

And Haye, ever the entrepreneur, has also introduced a game to the burgeoning smartphone 'app' market called 'David Haye's Knockout', with users playing as Haye aiming to knock the head off a giant eastern European.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Haye will stop him in the 7th.
If anyones interested Im gonna put a link up for the fight

Marty

that would be awesome Daz, What time is the fight going to start???

Sky_Blue_Daz

Comes on Sky at 8, I'm out till about half 9 saturday.
If im delayed you can try www.myp2p.eu and they have good links on

LastGarrison

The t-shirt Haye was wearing was advertising his new app game (which incidentally is meant to be awful) and wasn't another dig at Wlad.

I have to say that after watching the press conferences and the HBO "sit down", which was quality, I really feel Haye has got to Wlad which can only be a good thing.

If Wlad sticks behind his jab and his 1-2's, as he usually does, it could be a very difficult night for Haye but if he does open up and try and knock out Haye then Haye's speed and foot movement could get him inside to test Wlad's, hardly granite, chin.

I honestly haven't been this much up for a fight since Hatton Mayweather and my prediction changes on a daily basis. There is just so many ways this fight can go but i'm just hoping that it's a good fight.

Either way Saturday night is going to be a good one!!

ccfctommy

I cannot wait until Dr Hammerfist totally beats the crap out of David Haye. Come on Klitschko!!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Right well see you all here Saturday night. I'll be the one with a beer in my hand

Ernie Machin

Good linkage, LastGarrison. I'll be supporting Haye as he's a) British b) exciting and fast c) a classic trash talker.

As Haye himself says, he doesn't care if you like him or not, he's still the one generating the £££. If would be great for boxing if Haye wins, though I can't see it. Wlad is just too big and not in a useless Valuev way. If Haye catches him early and fights smart he can win, but I'll not be putting money on him.

The Klitchko brothers are classy guys, but I rarely enjoy their fights. Until they fight each other, I'm not interested in either.

ccfctommy

Any particular reason why?

Just think the blokes a dick personally, had three fights at heavyweight and he's a World Champion? How does that work!? His last fight against harrison was a farce and a disgrace to PPV Boxing and he is still living off that boring fight against Valuev nearly two years ago. He has no class, refusing to shake hands with Klitschko? Calling him a dickhead on HBO? What a knob.

LastGarrison

Just think the blokes a dick personally, had three fights at heavyweight and he's a World Champion? How does that work!? His last fight against harrison was a farce and a disgrace to PPV Boxing and he is still living off that boring fight against Valuev nearly two years ago. He has no class, refusing to shake hands with Klitschko? Calling him a dickhead on HBO? What a knob.

Usually when you beat a fighter that has the World Champion belt.

Agreed his fight against Harrison was a farce but that was mainly due to Harrison being a boxer who is afraid to get hit. Haye just did what he had to do. No way should it have been PPV but unfortunately people paid their money which justified it.

I see what you're saying about the way he carries himself but it is his trash talking of the brothers that has got him into this position in the first place, earning him some great pay days in the process.

With the not shaking his hand, Haye is days away from trying to knock the guy out! He has said he'll shake his hand after the fight but Haye, as he has said before, tries to hate everything about the person he is going in to fight. Personally, I think he likes Wlad but by not shaking his hand he is building that hatred up inside him. Definitely a psychological thing with him.

I did think the dick head comment was a little harsh but this isn't a tickling contest and as long as the mutual respect is there after the fight everything that goes on before it shouldn't really matter.

Personally, I think he has been a breath of fresh air in a very stagnant Heavyweight division and has certainly livened it up. Although I have to say it shows the dearth of heavyweight fighters that a cruiserweight is a serious contender to unite the heavyweight division.

Love him or hate him he has got everyone talking about boxing again which can only be a good thing.

Roll on Saturday!!!

Last edited:

ccfc2011

I agree haye has a big mouth i have watched Vlad fight he is a top fighter with a big punch
should be a great fight on saturday.

Ernie Machin

Heavyweight boxing rarely produces classic fights these days. Tyson vs Berbick was the last truly epic encounter I remember. All two rounds of it.

rob9872

Fast hands, exciting guy but I hadn't really given Haye a chance against either of thes brothers and been convinced for a long time that they would both put him away, but I'm beginning to turn my thoughts on their head. I don't know if I'm being brainwashed to believe the media hype or if its becaue he's British or if its just heart ruling the head but as things draw nearer I can see him winning it (not on a decision though as no chance in Germany). Mind you I get like that with City who I know are rubish but as Saturday comes around and I'm on my way to the match I've always convinced myself that we'll win even when it was United or Liverpool that we were playing :)

For information Betfair has the fight starting at 9pm so definitely won't be before then, but more likely to be 9.30 or 10ish I would guess.

rob9872

Omg loooooool was looking for that and EM has just posted teh exact same link lol - quality anyhow well worth a look

rob9872

As I got onto Youtube watching boxing for this I'm currently watching Benn v McClellan whilst I'm typing here. If you've not seen it, then it's awesome. I know what happened wasn't nice, but it's a great fight and if you like your boxing look it up.

Ernie Machin

I have it on hooky DVD that fight. It's brilliant, but very hard to watch. Benn's rabbit punching throughout the fight might be the reason why McClellan ended up so messed up. That Super Middleweight era produced loads of great fights, I was always a Eubank fan, great comedy villain.

rob9872

Too much use of the head from BOTH of them too in this, but so aggressive and exciting. Loved Eubank too, despite that he's a cock (he says showman). But the whole of that period not just the weight divisinon with all those in plus Watson and Collins was just such a good era and probably my favourite time for British boxing since I've been watching.

Users who are viewing this thread