Death List 2024 (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
With a newborn I got right back into Bullseye thanks to Challenge showing double bills at stupid times of the night, now I make a point of putting it on. Lovely telly.
And a great prize of a speed boat when you lived in the Midlands somewhere! 🤣

duffer

And a great prize of a speed boat when you lived in the Midlands somewhere! 🤣

You're never more than a few miles from a canal if you're in the Midlands, HH. It's just sticking to the 4mph limit that's a bit tricky. 😁

Favourite Bullseye phrase, "Ooh, look what you could've won."

Terrific telly though. Quality 80s outfits, barnets, and moustaches. Some genuinely tough questions, and a few seriously decent amateur players. Worth staying up for. 😄

rob9872

You're never more than a few miles from a canal if you're in the Midlands, HH. It's just sticking to the 4mph limit that's a bit tricky. 😁

Terrific telly though. Quality 80s outfits, barnets, and moustaches. Some genuinely tough questions, and a few seriously decent amateur players. Worth staying up for. 😄
And a serial killer contestant!

Terry Gibson's perm

A lot of the Jim Bowen material would be a bit iffy nowadays, there was one about a fairly ugly woman and weight loss which is pretty severe

Terry_dactyl

With a newborn I got right back into Bullseye thanks to Challenge showing double bills at stupid times of the night, now I make a point of putting it on. Lovely telly.
I’ve been watching it for a good few years. Partly in the hope that I’ll see people my parents know who were on it, and won it! The non-playing darts player managed to get ‘2 in a bed’ on the prize board!

wingy

It wasn't that bad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
This was a stolen idea by Billy Wright from an old workmate Micky, surname can't recall used to be coach at Bedworth Utd and others and drink in the Bell Tile Hill, wrote in with the idea for it.

Amazing to think of the type of people attracted to that program, like my wife who would get annoyed if we missed it. 🙄

Gynnsthetonic

Who do you think the woke community are? Just for reference?
Someone who is perceived to of committed an offence whilst they were innocently making a comment and then you get the whole backlash from the hate campaigns. It does have origins in the American black community I know but I'm not talking about that. Its all about people taking things out of context

wingy

They meet in dark corners of dodgy pubs and all have "I have awoken" badges hidden under their lapels.
They don't really do they, someone sets a rule or law or influence then a load fan boys, girls get behind it then a counter view gets expressed then usually a load of gammons use them to get people riled on gb news, owned by a shadowy bloke who owns Telegraph or wants to if he can see off the sovereign wealth fund of Quatar then all other media picks it up and takes a side, the discourse becomes frought.
Who wins while we all look the other way?

skybluetony176

Someone who is perceived to of committed an offence whilst they were innocently making a comment and then you get the whole backlash from the hate campaigns. It does have origins in the American black community I know but I'm not talking about that. Its all about people taking things out of context
The context being it’s 2024 not 1954.

oscillatewildly

And a special mention for the genuine 'non' darts players who would regularly either throw outside of the board or throw so lamely the dart would not impale :ROFLMAO:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Who do you think the woke community are? Just for reference?

Made up of a few different categories.

-Often people with some overlap into a personality disorder (NPD mostly) pretending to be compassionate, but usually massive hypocrites.
-Occasionally those of low self-esteem that want to be part of a clique or feel better about themselves.
-Sometimes people that genuinely want to make the world a better place, but frequently alienate others to their views by overdoing it or by shouting/screeching/not listening.

Terry_dactyl

Made up of a few different categories.

-Often people with some overlap into a personality disorder (NPD mostly) pretending to be compassionate, but usually massive hypocrites.
-Occasionally those of low self-esteem that want to be part of a clique or feel better about themselves.
-Sometimes people that genuinely want to make the world a better place, but frequently alienate others to their views by overdoing it or by shouting/screeching/not listening.
Come on mate, let’s just stick to Bullseye.

Terry_dactyl

Sorry Pal probably my fault, intended to suggest switching but?
😀
Only joking anyway…I must try and remember that the voice I’m typing in, isn’t necessarily the tone it’s being read in. Tbh I’m just surprised as this is the furthest this thread has strayed from celebrity deaths!

ovduk78

I had a work colleague who went to see Jim Bowen doing stand up years ago and he said he told a story about 1 episode. 2 Irish guys were knocked out on 1st round having won only £40. The 2 other couples won quite a bit and didn't want to gamble so they got the Irish guys back out. Unfortunately they had hit the bar and spent the £40 & were the worse for wear. They had to give them another £40 so they could give it back but I think they were so drunk they were never in any danger of winning the star prize & I can't remember how many times they missed the board. I've no idea how true it was or if the episode was even broadcast.

Users who are viewing this thread