Decoding Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

TheOldFive

Speaking to Sky Blue Player at the club’s weekly press conference, Thorn said: "I have seen some light at the end of the tunnel and looking forward to doing something about where we are.*

MEANING: UNTIL NOW THERE HAS BEEN NO HOPE, NOW THAT ORANGE CLOWN IS GONE I CAN TRY AND DO MY JOB.

"I might have down in the dumps myself even though I have kept the boys going. Now I feel I can change things and it has given me a buzz.*

MEANING: UNTIL NOW THERE HAS BEEN NO HOPE, AND I HAVE BEEN LIVING A LIE PUTTING A BRAVE FACE ON THINGS. NOW THAT ORANGE CLOWN IS GONE I CAN TRY AND DO MY JOB.

"I have sacrificed a lot for this job and I am really positive about going forward and attacking the crucial games coming up."

MEANING: UNTIL NOW I HAVE PUT UP WITH BEING HUMILIATED AND PROFESSIONALLY CASTRATED, NOW THAT ORANGE CLOWN IS GONE I CAN TRY AND DO MY JOB.

Andy never had fond memories of Portugal. Wondering now whether it was the players who nicked and hid his gear, instead of Freddie and Deegs was it Ken after all?

@richh87

I'm just wondering if all this "light at the end of the tunnel" is because SISU are pissing off...

That'd be the best Xmas present i've ever had!

Nonleagueherewecome

I know what the OP means, I've had the Thorn Translation Filter on all season; whereas his detractors say he sounds "thick" in interviews, it's patently obvious to me that all those pauses are where he's choosing the correct turn of phrase to avoid saying exactly what he thinks, yet still give the fans enough of a clue. He's done incredibly well to avoid snapping and losing his rag, and without a lot of determination and a good sense of humour that would have been impossible. Bloke has the patience of a Saint, and I really don't understand how it makes him a "yes man"-it's not like moaning about the situation will make it any better.

Users who are viewing this thread