Definitely Maybe 30th Anniversary Tour (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Just Liam by himself next June, playing the album in full. Interesting that Noel's letting him do it, wonder if he's just taking a big cut in a royalties type deal.

Otis

Bit daft really isn't it. The full album by one half of the brothers and not the talented, songwriting one.

LastGarrison

Bit daft really isn't it. The full album by one half of the brothers and not the talented, songwriting one.
In fairness the songs are already written so if it is just going to be one brother I prefer Liam all day long to capture the energy of the album with his singing.

Wish they’d both just bury the hatchet and get a reunion tour on the go!

Saddlebrains

I mean, if you're gonna have one of them singing this album its Liam surely? Being as he literally is the vocals on all the songs

Otis

I mean, if you're gonna have one of them singing this album its Liam surely? Being as he literally is the vocals on all the songs
But it's Oasis isn't it. I would rather Liam didn't do it at all.

Mike Love of the Beach Boys did his own Beach Boys thing later on in their careers and he did sing most of the vocals, but Without Brian Wilson it just wasn't the same.

Saddlebrains

But it's Oasis isn't it. I would rather Liam didn't do it at all.

Mike Love of the Beach Boys did his own Beach Boys thing later on in their careers and he did sing most of the vocals, but Without Brian Wilson it just wasn't the same.

No i agree with you there but I have a theory on this anyway

Noel always cries if Liam uses Oasis songs written by him. Whys he suddenly alright with him doing a whole tour of Definitely Maybe?

Noels going through a divorce at the moment.. wouldn't surprise me if all of a sudden this turns into an Oasis reunion and grows...........

ajsccfc

Does Noel have to allow it or can he just crack on regardless? No idea on copyright laws for this kind of thing

Saddlebrains

Does Noel have to allow it or can he just crack on regardless? No idea on copyright laws for this kind of thing

All I know is Noel stopped him using Oasis music on the As It Was documentary about Liam and has done the same for certain songs like Don't Look Back in Anger etc

SkyBlueSoul

My original comment about Noel having some say was an assumption. I reckon the divorce isn't a bad shout @Saddlebrains but I don't think it'll lead to a reunion or anything, might just use this tour as a way to cover costs or get something in the bank once it's settled. He could even have cut a deal with Liam i.e. you're allowed to perform the album but I get x% of tour revenue on top of royalties.

ajsccfc

Surely there's no way they won't reunite at some point. If they really can't be around each other at all they don't even have to, even just share a stage for two hours and half-arse it and the cash will still fly in

skybluetony176

Loved them back in the day but I’ll be honest. I don’t think their music has aged well, I now find the oasis back catalog to be very mediocre at best and I now think I just got carried away by the hype. Basically I’ve come to the conclusion that they were massively overrated and there was many better bands around at the time who were far more deserving of the limelight.

Saddlebrains

Loved them back in the day but I’ll be honest. I don’t think their music has aged well, I now find the oasis back catalog to be very mediocre at best and I now think I just got carried away by the hype. Basically I’ve come to the conclusion that they were massively overrated and there was many better bands around at the time who were far more deserving of the limelight.

They were and still are brilliant.

Same with Stone Roses, The Verve, Pulp etc

Otis

I'm the same.

I used to love them. Saw them twice, first time was as they released Shakermaker as a single, right at the very start of their careers and then again at Earls Court in the heyday.

Now listening back, a lot of it if does sound very dated unfortunately.

ccfctommy

Saw on the Facebook advertisement 'the greatest album of the nineties' or some rubbish like that.

They spelt OK Computer wrong.

Saddlebrains

The first two albums and the Masterplan were- the rest wasn’t great.

I dunno. Yes the albums werent as good as them 3

Be Here Now - D'ya Know what I mean, Stand By Me, All around the world
Standing on the shoulders of Giants had some gems on it like Roll it Over and Who Feels Love
Heathen Chemistry - Little by Little, Stop Crying your heart Out, Hindu Times

Will say though I think Don't Believe the truth wasn't great and they were fully dog shit by the time Dig Out your Soul album was released, that was terrible and you could tell they'd given up

Just feel its cool to say after WTSMG they were shite, but when you look at the albums up until Don't believe the truth, which i think was 2005? they were still a lot better than the shite produced nowadays

They should have baled out before the last Album though, the likes of Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian picked up the baton then

Sick Boy

I dunno. Yes the albums werent as good as them 3

Be Here Now - D'ya Know what I mean, Stand By Me, All around the world
Standing on the shoulders of Giants had some gems on it like Roll it Over and Who Feels Love
Heathen Chemistry - Little by Little, Stop Crying your heart Out, Hindu Times

Will say though I think Don't Believe the truth wasn't great and they were fully dog shit by the time Dig Out your Soul album was released, that was terrible and you could tell they'd given up

Just feel its cool to say after WTSMG they were shite, but when you look at the albums up until Don't believe the truth, which i think was 2005? they were still a lot better than the shite produced nowadays

They should have baled out before the last Album though, the likes of Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian picked up the baton then
Those other songs were decent but they were nowhere near as good as the other albums, IMO. I think the last album may have been 2008, I thought it was better than the others around the time as it was a bit different but it wasn’t great.

skybluetony176

Saw on the Facebook advertisement 'the greatest album of the nineties' or some rubbish like that.

They spelt OK Computer wrong.
It’s almost as if In Utero, Unplugged in New York, Nevermind, The Black Album, Dummy, Dig Your Own Hole, Fat of the Land, The Predator etc etc never existed. And many more that have stood the test of time. Maybe I’m just getting old but that’s the measure of a good song or album, can you put it on today and A) get the same enjoyment from it that you did 10,30 or 30 years ago. Can you put it on and listen to every track.

wingy

It’s almost as if In Utero, Unplugged in New York, Nevermind, The Black Album, Dummy, Dig Your Own Hole, Fat of the Land, The Predator etc etc never existed. And many more that have stood the test of time. Maybe I’m just getting old but that’s the measure of a good song or album, can you put it on today and A) get the same enjoyment from it that you did 10,30 or 30 years ago. Can you put it on and listen to every track.
Urban Hymns fit's that category for me then.

clint van damme

I was listening to an interview with Tony Wilson and he was saying every record company executive has a 'cocainne album'.
One where they get a great band in the studio, they're expecting great things and it turns out absolutely shit because they're all coked up.

He called it the creativity killer.

Well Oasis had pretty much a cocainne career.

At least their success allowed creation to spunk a load on money on Super Furry Animals.

Saddlebrains

I was listening to an interview with Tony Wilson and he was saying every record company executive has a 'cocainne album'.
One where they get a great band in the studio, they're expecting great things and it turns out absolutely shit because they're all coked up.

He called it the creativity killer.

Well Oasis had pretty much a cocainne career.

At least their success allowed creation to spunk a load on money on Super Furry Animals.

I bet you wear socks to bed

Users who are viewing this thread