Dennis Lawrence (2 Viewers)

Hobo

Yet no one else does it or has in the last several years under Robins I can remember. Genuine question: who was the last player of ours who has to be dragged away from a team mate? I can’t think of any.

Nothing wrong with a bit of feist. I would rather have it than players collapsing and rolling over at the slightest mistake.

It's not the mistake it's how you recover from it that counts.

Deity

How much are we missing this guy, I think massively. Listening to his speech after the Wolves game shows he’s a natural leader. Massive loss imo at the wrong time of the season. Strange he couldn’t stay till the end.
I think the fact we didn’t make him see out the season was a little odd. Maybe we couldn’t because he worked his full notice ???

skyblue_55

I’m afraid the truth was the inevitable with Doug , as he doesn’t realise what he’s got & pay the going rate , therefore off Dennis went .
Another snippet from someone in the know & as we probably all thought at the time …… a very strange time to leave , as he was very well thought of ?

Viktor17

People are clutching at straws.

DL leaving did in no way effect yesterday. That was simply down to players not doing basics - work, clear decision making, hunger - they were 2nd best on every aspect of those things that cost nothing.

was it the SF - we’ll hope so, because that wasn’t acceptable. Was the final nail in coffin of play off hopes - and that’s fine.

Let’s not suggest DL has contributed to that - that is simply a player issue of application.

Fergusons_Beard

I’m afraid the truth was the inevitable with Doug , as he doesn’t realise what he’s got & pay the going rate , therefore off Dennis went .
Another snippet from someone in the know & as we probably all thought at the time …… a very strange time to leave , as he was very well thought of ?

He got a promotion to Assistant manager and worked his notice period before leaving.

That’s it.

All the bullshit about pay and ‘a strange time to leave’ is just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Viktor17

He got a promotion to Assistant manager and worked his notice period before leaving.

That’s it.

All the bullshit about pay and ‘a strange time to leave’ is just that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Spot on. File it with-
- CoH only wants parity and he’s signing
- king is Sisu
- hamer wants to stay and only wants to be top earner

could go on…..

hamertime

People are clutching at straws.

DL leaving did in no way effect yesterday. That was simply down to players not doing basics - work, clear decision making, hunger - they were 2nd best on every aspect of those things that cost nothing.

was it the SF - we’ll hope so, because that wasn’t acceptable. Was the final nail in coffin of play off hopes - and that’s fine.

Let’s not suggest DL has contributed to that - that is simply a player issue of application.
No one has said it caused yesterday, it must have an affect on the squad with a leader like that going.

Liquid Gold

Lawrence was great but I trust the team to get his replacement right. They've got all the backroom staff spot on.

The only person I think we wouldn't be able to replace other than Robins is Viveash.

messiahrobins

Been poor at the back recently after Denis left and back to crap mainly since Rob Gurney returned to CWR. Just saying.
On Gurney, i like the guy albeit i prefer Clive now but happy to have both with Oggy, but Rob needs to reign some of his comments in as he will p*ss the club off like he ended up doing when Strachan was here. Clive will nit actually give an opinion but put different viewpoints forward for fans to discuss. Rob does the same but then offers his opinions, and that will eventually p*ss the club off. Obviously he is a fan and speaks as a fan but he just needs to reign it in a bit for his own good given he has to deal professionally with the club.

baldy

On Gurney, i like the guy albeit i prefer Clive now but happy to have both with Oggy, but Rob needs to reign some of his comments in as he will p*ss the club off like he ended up doing when Strachan was here. Clive will nit actually give an opinion but put different viewpoints forward for fans to discuss. Rob does the same but then offers his opinions, and that will eventually p*ss the club off. Obviously he is a fan and speaks as a fan but he just needs to reign it in a bit for his own good given he has to deal professionally with the club.

I dunno why they had to even bring him back - he's been the kiss of death for City too since he's returned

messiahrobins

I dunno why they had to even bring him back - he's been the kiss of death for City too since he's returned
I assume as Clive is a fair bit older it is with a view to replacing Clive eventually as i cannot see the budget stretching to having two heavyweight senior reporters every week at the same game.

long way home

DL leaving will have an effect on the training and will effect certain ways they set up. But generally its a team shape when we haven't got the ball. So certain errors are just individual brian farts as they are still pretty inexperienced group at this level. Probably why Bidwell doesn't really make them, he put himself in good positions and does the basics of his job well.

Robins will get someone in before preseason and new and old players will adapt. Thomas and Kitching will be a better for all the experiences this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

DL leaving will have an effect on the training and will effect certain ways they set up. But generally its a team shape when we haven't got the ball. So certain errors are just individual brian farts as they are still pretty inexperienced group at this level. Probably why Bidwell doesn't really make them, he put himself in good positions and does the basics of his job well.

Robins will get someone in before preseason and new and old players will adapt. Thomas and Kitching will be a better for all the experiences this season.

Brian farts seem to have been effecting your affects :unsure: :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread