Match Thread Derby County (H) (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Two points I'd like to make, i think Richards handles the ball infront of him for their goal and Waghorn and 1 other is my preferred front 2, he makes the space for others to shine.
Edit - i meant when they hit the post

Last edited:

wingy

Sorry, some if the criticism of Sheaf is valid but anyone who can't see how much bringing Kelly on affected us need to have a word.

Wrong sub from Robins.
It's difficult to gauge when the hyperbole starts after scoring at Blackburn, well the goalie.
But that makes him undroppable even though he's barely played, is senior in age etc and just might struggle for legs m

Sick Boy

Godden missed out cause he was banned and got a hat Rick in the u23 fixture. I think it was fine for him to play. Like I said before Walker got 25 mins. That’s when you say don’t bench me again by getting the winner
He got himself banned for diving - it was up to him to earn his place again.

Last edited:

The Philosopher

People keep bleating about Walker leaving in Jan- we’d cope with that, Gyo leaves and that’s one huge gaping hole to fill
I’d understand the common sense of letting Walker / Waghorn or both go if it made space in the payroll for another no9.

Look, If Godden is out and we don’t have Waghorn or Walker we could still call on Tavares, call back Bapaga, play 1 up with two AM’s running off. Bright might get divine intervention- who knows. Anyway, we could survive without W&W.

As soon as Gyok goes off we’ve got zeri no.9 in the squad, none in the u23s.

It’s a madness.

Get another no.9 in. Many say Biamou wasn’t quite good enough. Ok. No argument here - but to have no back up for Gyok or even one in the development set up is crazy.

I listened to that podcast with Chay Thompson a bit back.

Mark & Ady want the club to play the same way from 1st team through u23 through youth.

HTF can we do that without any recognised no.9 anywhere in the set up besides GYOK?

As I say. It’s a madness.

COV

I’d understand the common sense of letting Walker / Waghorn or both go if it made space in the payroll for another no9.

Look, If Godden is out and we don’t have Waghorn or Walker we could still call on Tavares, call back Bapaga, play 1 up with two AM’s running off. Bright might get divine intervention- who knows. Anyway, we could survive without W&W.

It’s a madness.

Get another no.9 in. Many say Biamou wasn’t quite good enough. Ok. No argument here - but to have no back up for Gyok or even one in the development set up is crazy.

Mark & Ady want the club to play the same way from 1st team through u23 through youth.

HTF can we do that without any recognised no.9 anywhere in the set up besides GYOK?

I’d say the answer is simple unfortunately.. £££

wingy

It’s a madness.

But we'd change style / shape.
We have a couple of times last two to three seasons, well I think we have?

Nick

Administrator
Nick and grendel will say we sat back. Liked the proactive changes but we missed sheaf to drive us forward. Walker could have had a dig last minute

Fair result - second penalty could easily have been given
Ok Pete, we didn't sit back and the changes were amazing.

Perryccfc

I agree with people not happy about Gyo going off, it was the type of game where we needed the ball to stick and someone to run the channels. I do like Walker but he doesn’t do either, he’s a very good finisher but for me his all round game is way off. Doesn’t work hard enough.

I thought the Sheaf for Kelly change was the right move, we started to lose control and Sheaf doesn’t break the play up enough.

Unfortunately it just wasn’t to be, but nobody can say we didn’t deserve to win, we dominated the vast majority of that game and were unfortunate not to be 2 or 3 up by the time Derby started to play.

wingy

It's a no win really.
Make changes, make them early something he was reluctant to do a season or so ago, but got into more last season.
Maybe as we were allowed five.
It seems odd how we start to look second halves needing to think around it at 60ish minutes.
Traditionally they used to come around 70-80.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a no win really.
Make changes, make them early something he was reluctant to do a season or so ago, but got into more last season.
Maybe as we were allowed five.
It seems odd how we start to look second halves needing to think around it at 60ish minutes.
Traditionally they used to come around 70-80.

The shape needed changing more than the personnel, same on Wednesday.

The Philosopher

I agree with people not happy about Gyo going off, it was the type of game where we needed the ball to stick and someone to run the channels. I do like Walker but he doesn’t do either, he’s a very good finisher but for me his all round game is way off. Doesn’t work hard enough.

I thought the Sheaf for Kelly change was the right move, we started to lose control and Sheaf doesn’t break the play up enough.

Unfortunately it just wasn’t to be, but nobody can say we didn’t deserve to win, we dominated the vast majority of that game and were unfortunate not to be 2 or 3 up by the time Derby started to play.
That’s how I see it too.

Skybluefaz

Biggest crowd of the season, worst atmosphere of the season. Ref was nuts. Derby have clearly improved but we should be able to get closer to them than we did in the second half. We made them look like Brazil at times.

Moff

Really disappointing result and overall the worst home performance of the season.

Kelly is no longer a positive influence on this team. Demonstrated in injury time there where his first instinct is to go backwards. He was miles off the pace.

Hyam too has been culpable for the last 3 goals we've conceded and should be dropped.

Exactly like Wednesday night we dropped to a back 5 and struggled to get out, the worst player to bring on in that situation is Liam Kelly.

Pretty much agree with that.

Hyam’s mistake was very poor considering he wasn’t under a great deal of pressure. I didn’t think aside from that he was too bad, but in this league you can’t keep making these costly mistakes.

Kelly offered little when he came on, it was if we went backwards. Walker and Godden added to this as neither seemed to give an outlet

Skybluefaz

Pretty much agree with that.

Hyam’s mistake was very poor considering he wasn’t under a great deal of pressure. I didn’t think aside from that he was too bad, but in this league you can’t keep making these costly mistakes.

Kelly offered little when he came on, it was if we went backwards. Walker and Godden added to this as neither seemed to give an outlet
No idea why Walker doesn't put his foot through the ball near the end rather than trying to tee up an offside Godden.

Johnnythespider

I’d have gone for a box, take off Gyo or Godden for Allen, Dabo for Kane. Keep Sheaf on the pitch as he was playing fairly well.
We're a more fluid attacking force with Allen in the side, he seems to be the one paying for the Luton result, i don't mind Sheaf if it's a him or Kelly choice but i do think he slows us down, that's not always a bad thing but we got sucked into hitting it long in the second half and then took Victor off when it probably should have been Godden.

Users who are viewing this thread