Derek Henderson "Nemo" (1 Viewer)

TheSnoz

Has anyone read or heard about Derek Henderson aka 'Nemo' dying? He was the City reporter for the Coventry Evening Telegraph throughout the late 1950s, through the 60s and into early 1970s. When Neville Foulger took over. He had real access to the team, travelling on the bus to away games - though Jimmy Hill did ban him briefly after one negative match report. He wrote for the Pink in the days when it was a real football read, with regular City player interviews and he looked at the bigger picture. I understand he moved to the Southwest in later years. Wrote a couple of books on the City.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I remember Derek Henderson very well. A brilliant reporter - I always looked forward to his "Pink" reports. A sad loss if it's true. :(

J

Jack Griffin

Shame, I remember reading his reports in the Pink in the early 70's, his standard of journalism was definitely a cut above what we often find today.
Not only that but you collected the Pink from the Newsagent at about 6:30pm on the day of the match complete with well written & thought out match report (well when I say you, I mean my Dad sent me down to get one, happy days).

rob9872

I have a book somewhere that was co-written by him and Neville Foulger (I think supports Leicester) who I believe took over from him at the CET

rob9872

Someone wrote on here last week about Ros dying too, I don't know if any of you saw it? Dad went to the funeral yesterday and he said there were quite a few former players and staff there which was nice. He also said Joe Elliott was there and I think of the current staff certainly Macca, Oggy and Busst were there, I don't know about others, but thought this was a good place to post it to show that despite popular opinion some footballers do still care about others.

Sorry I know that's unrelated to DH, but perhaps the significance is that he is someone else part of the older 'sky blue family' who could be remembered in a positive way at the first game.

RIP

Users who are viewing this thread