Detroit City FC (1 Viewer)

Skybluesince82

I was lucky enough to go over to the states 18 months ago and visit a number of professional US sports clubs, including the CEO of Detroit City.

Brilliant football club, stick to their values (not being taken over by the big bucks), a real F**k You attitude but do great things for the city. A lot of similarities to St Pauli in Germany.

I loved Detroit as a city - it had real character and soul and the Detroit City FC set up is exactly the same.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I really should like Detroit as it is the US equivalent of Coventry. But I just can't get any enthusiasm for the place. Never visited, so maybe if one day I did my opinion would change.

Skybluesince82

I was the same. Had never visited and had a preconception about the place because of what I’d read.
Only spent four days there but would go back at the drop of a hat. It’s an eerie place, city centre is very quiet and we visited some of the neighbourhoods with some abandoned buildings, but you can tell the people there have spirit and it’s slowly coming back.

SBAndy

I was the same. Had never visited and had a preconception about the place because of what I’d read.
Only spent four days there but would go back at the drop of a hat. It’s an eerie place, city centre is very quiet and we visited some of the neighbourhoods with some abandoned buildings, but you can tell the people there have spirit and it’s slowly coming back.

Huge regeneration project going on for the last few years to try and get people back to the downtown areas. My uncle lives about 30 miles outside but we went down a few times when I visited a couple of years ago.

clint van damme

Huge regeneration project going on for the last few years to try and get people back to the downtown areas. My uncle lives about 30 miles outside but we went down a few times when I visited a couple of years ago.

I was talking to someone from there last time I was in the States a couple of years ago.
He said it was getting better very slowly but I read the other day that it's one of the few major US cities whose population is still decreasing.

Users who are viewing this thread