Dissapointed but not angry (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Not been able to post on this for a couple of days...I couldn't believe it when it became clear MR was on the way - it's really sad but to be honest I wish him all the best. He has transformed our fortunes and given us a real feel good feeling in the first time that I can remember. He leaves us in a much better state than he found us.

Shame he won't be seeing the job through, but remember we do not know all the circumstances behind his decision. Having to deal with slippery SISU was surely a factor.

I wish him all the best.

ohitsaidwalker king power

I am disappointed in myself for believing his spin and hype....

as for MR.. 'fraid I cannot summon up the words that wish him well.... just yet.

stupot07

I'm still livid. He's very lucky that the majority of our fan base hate our owners, so will get off lightly.

dantheman

Philosophical about it all.

If he had not have done so well with us he would not have been poached,we may well have been in a relegation battle in league 1.

What is worrying is why we were unable to keep him and having turned down other jobs why at this time has he chosen to leave??

CJparker

To be fair Stu, I don;t see that as SISU's fault and haven't seen many people who have said so either.

Although they must have been a factor, I can't bring myself to blame SISU directly on this one

Not been able to post on this for a couple of days...I couldn't believe it when it became clear MR was on the way - it's really sad but to be honest I wish him all the best. He has transformed our fortunes and given us a real feel good feeling in the first time that I can remember. He leaves us in a much better state than he found us.

Shame he won't be seeing the job through, but remember we do not know all the circumstances behind his decision. Having to deal with slippery SISU was surely a factor.

I wish him all the best.

Totally agree. We are all feeling annoyed as fans but it's no different than anybody moving jobs. The only reason we are all annoyed is because he seemed so damn good lets hope the next man is as good for us. PUSB

ohitsaidwalker king power

Totally agree. We are all feeling annoyed as fans but it's no different than anybody moving jobs. The only reason we are all annoyed is because he seemed so damn good lets hope the next man is as good for us. PUSB

I get your point and in many ways agree.... but football transcends the norm i.e "another job"... and MR knew/knows that, and so his pledges re sky blue blood etc make his decision to leave even all the more galling in my view. Of course we have all seen players kiss badges, chairman give votes of confidence, managers pledge loyalty before and then leave or wave the axe at he first favourable/ill wind and so his departure shouldn't shock anyone.
I guess its just the situation we as sky blue fans find ourselves in.. having been relegated, relegated again... no ground to call our own.. on the brink of extinction on more than one occasion by all accounts- 12 years of unenviable decline.. I like many sky blues clutched onto his words more readily than I perhaps care to admit and I genuinely saw him as the man to lead us if not to the promised land of the premiership, but to stability and self respect once more.

That's why I cannot find any words of reconciliation towards him.. sentimental and self pity?... maybe.. just how I feel.

PUSB.....(recovery begins)

torchomatic

Very good point. The way Robins has behaved and the things he's said have been pretty shameful, but he will be forgiven due to the real fact that others would rather attack SISU.

I'm still livid. He's very lucky that the majority of our fan base hate our owners, so will get off lightly.

torchomatic

Personally, I have no problem with players or managers moving on. We've always been a stepping stone so Robins moving is nothing new. I think what rankles is his "sky blue blood" and I love it here comments. Particularly when he probably already knew he was going.

coundonskyblue

A week ago he was the best manager in my 20 odd years of supporting the club.

Now he is the worst. No other manager has lied to us the way he has. I have no problem with managers moving, but he should never have told those lies last week about sky blue blood etc.

With hindsight now I'm glad he's gone, as I dont want someone so morally bankrupt as the manager of our club.

Paxman II

Why were they lies? he clearly had enjoyed the success he brought us all here. he was getting Sky Blue blood. He was loving the 30+k at the Ricoh. He was into us fully and committed. What transpired is another club (and not for the first time) noticed and came calling with pockets lined with gold.
I saw the guy very genuine. The problem he knows he now has is should he leave on his own free will within the first year or so at Huddersfield he may well gain a reputation he doesn't want. In that sense he has nail his flag to the mast for the foreseeable future which Huddersfield will be pleased about I'm sure.
It could go pear shaped (like Grayson) and find himself out on his arse again. But he secured his families future in doing so due to the money is now reported to be on.

coundonskyblue

Why were they lies? he clearly had enjoyed the success he brought us all here. he was getting Sky Blue blood. He was loving the 30+k at the Ricoh. He was into us fully and committed. What transpired is another club (and not for the first time) noticed and came calling with pockets lined with gold.
I saw the guy very genuine. The problem he knows he now has is should he leave on his own free will within the first year or so at Huddersfield he may well gain a reputation he doesn't want. In that sense he has nail his flag to the mast for the foreseeable future which Huddersfield will be pleased about I'm sure.
It could go pear shaped (like Grayson) and find himself out on his arse again. But he secured his families future in doing so due to the money is now reported to be on.

I'm sorry but if he meant what he said last week then he must suffer from Schizophrenia to be able to walk away so easiily.

If he didnt really mean it then he is a liar.

Users who are viewing this thread