Ditching Apple (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

Decided i'm moving over to Android.

Having waited 6 months after my contact ended for the iPhone 5 now it's out I'm not feeling it. Over priced, screen too small, too restrictive and they've changed the connectors so my spare cables won't work.

A mate at work just got the S3. Very tempted by that, but also strangely the Galaxy Note 2 'phablet'. It's huge, but it looks amazing.

Anyone got either of these?

CTID

Mate im in the same boat, my upgrade is due beginning of nov but im unsure what to do. Haveing been an Apple sheep for 3 years now im extremely tempted by the S3. Awesome bit of kit but without the usual apple restrictions. Only problem is...its andriod and i hate android. Just not sure i can move away from IOS.

The S3 is the way forward if youre going androd mate, its really good!

Diehard Si

I'm a little bored of IOS tho.

I think it will take a bit of getting used to and some tweaking, but my mates looks really good.

But I'm not sure if I want to go even bigger and get the note 2 with its 5 and 1/2 inch screen.

Loughborough Sky Blue

Nokia lumia 920 when it's released is my next phone I think! never been a fan of Apple, and my last 3 phones have been android, but the new Windows phones look very nice, and I love the look and feature list on the lumia.

Diehard Si

Nokia lumia 920 when it's released is my next phone I think! never been a fan of Apple, and my last 3 phones have been android, but the new Windows phones look very nice, and I love the look and feature list on the lumia.

When is it out? The windows phone I mean?

I used to have the old SPV's, the very first smart phones. That was back in about 2003. They started it all.

Covstu

I have the S3 and love it, fantastic screen and easy to use. If you dont go apple then this is the only alternative in my opinion!

lordsummerisle

Got the 4S, not due for upgrade for about a year, but will be looking at the Nokia Lumia I think.

Used to love the N95 I had a few years ago, they were just far too slow off the mark with touchscreen phones, look like they've sorted themselves out now though with the Lumia.

Hate the being tied into i-tunes for everything, even all the phone contacts are saved on there rather than the phone, and the 5 just doesn't seem particularly impressive.

Last edited:

Diehard Si

I just phoned Orange about the Note 2, told they are not stocking it directly until end of next month!!!

The guy was a bit of a cock, trying to make out I was in a minority because I didn't want the iPhone 5.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ap*le are the devils own tech company......horrible company ethos.... closed, restrictive litigious.....

....If "apple" was a bloke......he'd drive an X5 (badly), park in disabled bays, spit in the street & be so arrogant & self-important, he'd never ever recognise his own failings or short-comings....

....In fact....if "apple" was a bloke, he'd be John Terry.....:whistle:

Tad

Interested in getting a windows phone myself. They look pretty good. Really don't get all the hype around Apple. Their tech isn't new, it's all quite old actually, they just repackage it and slap their logo on it to make it look new. Nintendo did the same thing with the Nintendo Wii too.

cornoccfc

Decided i'm moving over to Android.

Having waited 6 months after my contact ended for the iPhone 5 now it's out I'm not feeling it. Over priced, screen too small, too restrictive and they've changed the connectors so my spare cables won't work.

A mate at work just got the S3. Very tempted by that, but also strangely the Galaxy Note 2 'phablet'. It's huge, but it looks amazing.

Anyone got either of these?

Got the Galaxy Note... stunning phablet!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I used to be on android with a HTC. It done the job for one contract but dont think id have stuck with it. Battery life was poor.

So i thought id join in the iOS / Apple hype. And i must say i love it! Couldnt do without it! Its become my phone, and also replacement for a laptop that bust. It does everything i need!

Only negative is battery life is just as shite imo.

Still got months on my contract so wont ve getting the 5. And whilst Apple have decided it necessary to change the connectors, and i have the leads, docks etc for their regular fitting im not even sure ill change to the 5 when i can!

Hopefully they realise its bad making this change and the next iphone reverts back to its original fitting just in time for when i need to upgrade :)

Nick

Administrator
I have a 4 and it does everything I need so when my contract runs out I will just get a sim deal :)

Real

I'm not technically clued up at all with the latest phones etc, all I know is I love my iPhone 4, and the good lady loves hers. From the little I know of the iPhone 5, it's the same as 4 with a bigger screen isn't it?

Diehard Si

Well I've done it, ordered the Galaxy Note 2. Just about the most powerful phone on the market ( and probably the biggest ).

£33.50, free handset. 900 mins, 3,000 texts and 1 gig data. Can't complain.

Nick

Administrator
My boss has just gone from an iPhone to a Note and he is over the moon, keeps saying how much more powerful it is!

It is HUGE though! :)

I'mARealWizard

I've had an S2 for almost a year after having a HTC.

I genuinely don't understand Apple users saying that iOS is so great.

Surely it's just a restrictive operating system that requires you to use your phone the way apple tell you to?

This is a genuine question, what is about iOS that is so wonderful and makes it superior to Android?

Tad

I've had an S2 for almost a year after having a HTC.

I genuinely don't understand Apple users saying that iOS is so great.

Surely it's just a restrictive operating system that requires you to use your phone the way apple tell you to?

This is a genuine question, what is about iOS that is so wonderful and makes it superior to Android?

Having used both, nothing. Apple products are ridiculously restricted. The cost of making a iPhone/ipad is peanuts compared to how much they charge for them.

Diehard Si

The thing with Apple is it's all restrictive but it works and is reliable.

With Android its going to be a more open world, but I'm guessing I'll have to sort through some crap to get it just right.

ITunes on the other hand is horrible. It took me 90 mins last night to get my contacts off my phone ( the synch didn't work, I tried literally everything, I gave up and found an app ).

And as a little cherry on the top, it comes with an fm radio so I can listen to our away games on that and not have to keep stealing my wife's Xperia.

Diehard Si

Stupid question, but I want to ask on the off chance.

Is there any way to transfer paid apps from iPhone to android? I'm fairly sure not but don't want to buy for my new phone and then find out there is a way.

WillieStanley

After having an iphone, blackberry and WP7 operating HTC, I can honestly say that my Samsung Galaxy Note running Icecream Sandwich is by far the best. I can only imagine how good Note2 is.

CCFC Germany

It's simple, easy to you use and reliable.
I don't think it is restrictive as it does exactly what it should.
I've not been missing anything.

Android devices tend to have storage space issues, e.g.
Just one reason why I'd never get myself one, again.

Stupid question, but I want to ask on the off chance.

Is there any way to transfer paid apps from iPhone to android? I'm fairly sure not but don't want to buy for my new phone and then find out there is a way.

Simply no !

Sawyer

My girlfriend has the Galaxy note and she loves it, a lot of my friends have the s3 and never shut up about how amazing it is. Once my contract is up I am selling my 4s and moving over to Windows, I want to try a Lumia, was even tempted to buy the new Lumia outright next month on its release. I have had so many problems with apple over the years and I cant be bothered with them anymore.

Diehard Si

A few things im getting used to, but barring sky go which isnt available yet it does everything my iphone did and so much more.

Its huge but does fit my pocket perfectly and I can 1 hand operate to

Diehard Si

My only issues have been apple related.

Tge worst being thinking it had backed up all my photos and it hadnt. Wiped the phone and lost all my photos of our baby I had on there. :mad:

Diehard Si

Loving this phone now.

Apple really being left behind right now. They are usually the innovators but seem to have run out of ideas.

A mate at work was a proper apple fan boy but just got the s3 and loves it.

D

Deleted member 4232

Android. Sopcast app, flash streaming, torrent clients on the app store, free music downloaders. The Android market is brilliant. I bought the HTC desire, years ago, it still works brilliantly. Will be upgrading to a Samsung phone, because I own the Samsung galaxy 10.1 tab.never been interested in buying into the Apple brand.

Sawyer

I thought Flash got taken away from android based phones? I swear I read that somewhere!! Im still waiting for the Lumia to come out next month :D

SkyblueBazza

See I had a little dabble on the android in-store as I'm due a new contract in January. The iPhone just seems much easier & flowing. Maybe it's just getting used to it(?) but the android seemed to have more cumbersome logic to finding apps to open them. With the iPhone - they're just there. I think I want to move from the apple as better value for money but worry about functionality, security & speed that might be lacking. Maybe I'm wrong though???

Users who are viewing this thread