Do Otium pass the Fit and Proper person's test? (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Fantastic read, Well done that man :claping hands:

Thank you all for your kind comments.

I have actually written to the House of Commons' Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee, copied to the FA and the Football League, drawing their attention to the current situation and my blog.

The CMS select committee is on the side of football fans and is holding the FA, Premier League and Football League to account - but they need evidence.

You can write to them through your MP (if you ask your MP to pass a letter on, he should) but you can also email them directly. I don't know what this site's rules on posting other people's email addresses, but if you do an internet search for "Culture Media and Sport Select Committee Contact" it should provide you with a page on the Parliament website with full details.

The League can ignore fans (and usually do) - but they know that they can be called back to the Select Committee at any time to explain themselves.

One FootyLawBlog, there's only one FootyLawBlog.....One FootyLawBlog, There's only one FootyLawBlog!!!!!:claping hands:

lordsummerisle

The only well to really tell if they will pass the "fit and proper person" test is to actualise.

Bleep test and loads of Star-jumps should do the trick.

Don't think that Tim Fisher would pass(however may edge past Bell in the squad).

FootyLawBlog

Thank you!

I've had a shed-load of messages and an enormous response to this, the first post in my new Footy Law Blog. I'm humbled!

There will be more and I will post links to CCFC-related posts here (unless the Mods would prefer I didn't abuse this forum for free advertising!)

I've created a Facebook page for the blog so if you want to keep up to speed with all the posts you can "like" the page and new posts will show up in your news feed.

https://www.facebook.com/FootyLawBlog

Voice_of_Reason

Voice_of_Reason

Has anyone sent this link to the National Press and the Coventry Telegraph/Observer ? I sent it to the Football League.

I think as many Nationals, TV, Radio, Journos, should be made aware of this headed. " Has the Football League ignored it's own Rules ?". Any one know how to contact the News Agency ?

Voice_of_Reason

Just sent the link to the News Agency as I feel the Football League cannot ignore it's own rules and this should be investigated. Is it possible the Football League were not made aware of this nor Mr Appleton ?

Sky Blue Kid

Does anybody realise that SISU are doing what they accuse CCC/ACL of doing?
They are trying to take CCC/ACL to court over "Aiding a fellow company" by loaning money to them? WTF are they doing with Otium???
An "Arm of SISU" who are broke and were going out of business, yet miraculously can "FIND" many millions of pounds to "Buy" CCFCltd out of Administration.
What a bunch of crooks we've got for owners. Septic, Fisher. Why don't you go and disappear back down the holes that you crawled out of!:jerkit:

db2013

I have sent this to the CT,Sun and Sky Sports News, hopefully we can get some publicity on this and make the FL wake up and smell the coffee.

singers_pore

It's great that you have gone to so much effort to write this up and publicize it. I think there are a couple more points you might want to add to the report:

1. In a public meeting with supporters some months before Ltd went into administration, Tim Fisher told fans that all the debt SISU had put into the club had been converted into equity. This was a patent falsehood as Ltd was said to have debts of over 70m after entering administration.

2. In a public meeting with supporters shortly after Ltd went into administration, Tim Fisher told fans that the previous accounts for Ltd (which he had signed off) were "a mess" as the accounts indicated that the club's operations were going through Ltd rather than through Holdings. So the issue is not simply that SISU has a long track record of not filing accounts in a timely manner. It is also that, when they do file accounts, the accounts are by - Tim Fisher's own admission - a complete mess.

JackTaylor

I think the blogger may have got the Sisu group structure wrong, Sisu Capital Management is not a UK registered company. Wynacre appear to have an interest in Sisu Capital Limited but do not own it, is this correct?

jesus-wept

Are we all assuming though that because the FL chairman has said we will work with Otium as a statement that they will support them and accept them. Greg Clark has to say this because at the moment Otium are the administrators prefered bidder and not presented a case yet. Appleton has to say that too as according to the rules they have bid the best bid for the creditiors which by law he has to accept.
There seems to be an uneasy silence at the moment. I am relying on that the big hitters, MPs, lawyers and others are hanging back until final decisions have been made. I still believe Otium (sisu) are well behind the black ball and almost need a couple of snookers but they are good players.

wingy

Are we all assuming though that because the FL chairman has said we will work with Otium as a statement that they will support them and accept them. Greg Clark has to say this because at the moment Otium are the administrators prefered bidder and not presented a case yet. Appleton has to say that too as according to the rules they have bid the best bid for the creditiors which by law he has to accept.
There seems to be an uneasy silence at the moment. I am relying on that the big hitters, MPs, lawyers and others are hanging back until final decisions have been made. I still believe Otium (sisu) are well behind the black ball and almost need a couple of snookers but they are good players.
I'd rather they did their big hitting now TBH,Influence will be negligible once decisions are made.

wingy

Who are Wynacre Ltd? Where did they pop up from? Do they now own us?

Very likely Jack ,a bit of pressure here may just induce a BATEs type moment at Leeds ,where he suddenly took ownership in a similar structure and promptly sold before anyone was found out.

Voice_of_Reason

I'd rather they did their big hitting now TBH,Influence will be negligible once decisions are made.

I am hoping all these adverse comments will reach the Football League, grab nation wide media attention and then maybe SISU might realize that selling is the best option. Hope so, but doubt it !

RogerH

It's the silence from sisu and fisher that makes you wonder what's going on.

Walsall's knock back, ACL's repeated offer to talk, even the stewards refusal to work out of town are all reducing SISU's options, cranking up the pressure, forcing them into a corner.

You never know, they might have an outbreak of common sense and decide that selling up is the best option after all. Doubt it, though.

Bluegloucester

It's the silence from sisu and fisher that makes you wonder what's going on.

Walsall's knock back, ACL's repeated offer to talk, even the stewards refusal to work out of town are all reducing SISU's options, cranking up the pressure, forcing them into a corner.

You never know, they might have an outbreak of common sense and decide that selling up is the best option after all. Doubt it, though.

We can but hope

Users who are viewing this thread