Do Sisu Realise What They Have? (1 Viewer)

ecky

As much as i hate what has gone on with my club i am absolutely gob smacked this season at what our great manager Mr Pressley and our young players have achieved and are still achieving.

Do Sisu fully comprehend that with the right signings and if they keep Mr Pressley this team could go a long way? I don't mean play offs in League 1 but the real prospect of getting back to the Championship along with the all that brings in a financial sense.

I take my hat off to our manager i personally think he is the new Ferguson and i hope he gets the backing and see's the job through...

We are seeing the dawn of a new era....please bring us back to Coventry..i have a lump in my throat writing this, brilliant...

ccfc92

Fully agreed, bring us home, and the gates will double from the 10k at the Ricoh last season

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'm afraid that your post (quite understandably) focuses on the on the pitch matters.

I'm afraid that it is very difficult to conclude that this is where SISU's focus lies.

Hobo

I'm afraid that your post (quite understandably) focuses on the on the pitch matters.

I'm afraid that it is very difficult to conclude that this is where SISU's focus lies.
I agree but it won't stop me joining the chorus SISU bring us home!

The CableGuy

Forget Wilson and Clarke - hanging onto Pressley will be the real challenge. With -10 points, 2p to spend and home games 35 miles away, the job he's doing for us has surely been noticed higher up the football pyramid.

I would have been happy with a draw, or even to get knocked out to give the squad and the pitch at Sixfields a breather. To come from behind to win considering our injury issues is almost unreal.

Nice one, City! :D

ccfcway

couldn't agree more.

The one thing i will give them a crumb of creidt for was not letting anyone go before last window closed. Lets see how we do in January.

ecky

I know what you are saying, but from a footballing point of view when was the last time we ever experienced anything like this?

Some people have a gift...Pressley sure does..

chiefdave

I don’t have the desire to run a football club, I don’t know anything about football

I want return on my investment

I think the owners of our club are only concerned about one thing and it isn't football. Maybe Waggot appreciates what is happening on the pitch but I doubt he has the influence to persuade the others to back the team for promotion. I guess we'll be in a better position to answer this at the end of the transfer window. its likely everyone around us will strengthen to try and push on for promotion, at the very minimum we need have the same quality and size of squad but even doing that puts us at a disadvantage if everyone else strengthens.

RFC

What the majority on here don't appear to realise is that Steven Pressley has an excellent relationship with the owners, including Joy Seppala, Tim Fisher & Steve Waggott. PUSB!

bigfatronssba

What the majority on here don't appear to realise is that Steven Pressley has an excellent relationship with the owners, including Joy Seppala, Tim Fisher & Steve Waggott. PUSB!

Evidence?

ccfc92

since when was Waggot and Fisher the owners?

Hobo

He might have for all I know.
Unfortunately I have no time for them at all!

M&B Stand

Micky Adam's once said when someone finally gets it right at Coventry, it will be very special.

Dulcius ex asperis

chiefdave

He's hardly going to come out and say he hates them is he? From what little he has said I would not be certain he is a supporter of the way they are running the club.

Pressley admitted the situation was not desirable, but that he and his players would continue to fight. "I've said this on numerous occasions, it's not the ideal situation and I have total sympathy for our supporters," he said.

Stevec189

Amazing how people on here are so fickle! Many were aying Pressley and before him Robbins were mistakes and they want a "name" manager!

Just hope my EuroMillions ticket comes up on Tuesday so I can bring them back to the Ricoh! PUSB

Hobo

Amazing how people on here are so fickle! Many were aying Pressley and before him Robbins were mistakes and they want a "name" manager!

Just hope my EuroMillions ticket comes up on Tuesday so I can bring them back to the Ricoh! PUSB
But not me. I even liked Pressley first time round sold him too soon. He has a point to prove and talks good football tactics and knows how to apply them.

ccfcway

So did Andy Thorn. So much so that when Ken was here, he wanted to sit next to him.

ccfc92

But not me. I even liked Pressley first time round sold him too soon. He has a point to prove and talks good football tactics and knows how to apply them.

What was he like first time as a player? was there much controversy?

Stevec189

I liked him as a player as well. Looked like a classy centre back from what I remember!

Sky Blue Pete

Wasn't good enough!! Nothing wrong with his attitude and I quite liked him.

Adore his post match comments - he is so passionate, articulate and knowledgable!

Big_Ben

As much as i hate what has gone on with my club i am absolutely gob smacked this season at what our great manager Mr Pressley and our young players have achieved and are still achieving.

Do Sisu fully comprehend that with the right signings and if they keep Mr Pressley this team could go a long way? I don't mean play offs in League 1 but the real prospect of getting back to the Championship along with the all that brings in a financial sense.

I take my hat off to our manager i personally think he is the new Ferguson and i hope he gets the backing and see's the job through...

We are seeing the dawn of a new era....please bring us back to Coventry..i have a lump in my throat writing this, brilliant...

The counter argument goes something like: Sisu do realise what they have because it is SISU that appointed him and they are backing him to the point that he has expressed how happy he is at the club. They've obviously given him assurances that he believes in for the future, and have let him get on with the job that he is doing so brilliantly so far, while they carry out what they believe is necessary to take care of the financial situation.

Nick

Administrator

It is the same people who said we should keep Andy thorn as we couldn't get anybody better, nobody would want to come to us etc.

wolfie

Don't crucify me, but. If the owners are giving the manager full backing and during the next window at the very least don't sell any of our best players. I may start to think they have learned from past serious mistakes and are now trying to make a go of this. We do need to be playing in Coventry, but if they stayed at the Ricoh the club would never of owned it or got planning permission to build a new stadium. Who knows what the future holds but on the pitch things are looking good, I hope that off the pitch sisu also starts to get it right (I won't hold my breath on that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

It is the same people who said we should keep Andy thorn as we couldn't get anybody better, nobody would want to come to us etc.

Are they the same ones who say its pointless trying to force sisu out as no one better would buy us?

Hobo

What was he like first time as a player? was there much controversy?

Pressley was a young promising player and looked more than capable. scored against Man U. He was competitive if not hot headed at times. He had a little spell of giving away penalties getting booked and sent off if I remember correctly.

A couple of these were at key moments in games and some supporters got on his back. He then seemed to get a dip in confidence that effected his form

When he was sold I think opinion was divided. I thought he was still a very good prospect and was sad to see him go.

The water bottle incident still shows he has fire in the belly.

ccfc92

Pressley was a young promising player and looked more than capable. scored against Man U. He was competitive if not hot headed at times. He had a little spell of giving away penalties getting booked and sent off if I remember correctly.

A couple of these were at key moments in games and some supporters got on his back. He then seemed to get a dip in confidence that effected his form

When he was sold I think opinion was divided. I thought he was still a very good prospect and was sad to see him go.

unfortunately, "fire in your belly" is seen as a bad thing in football nowadays :(

Stevec189

Probably the same fans who years later would say Ben Turner isn't good enough or Aaron Gunnerson.....

Users who are viewing this thread