Do we have one of the best defensive lines in Champ? (1 Viewer)

Cov 4 Prem

I think our defense is easily one of the best in the Championship it's very solid.

Keogh Turner Cranie Hussey

With this we have back ups with youth and experience like McPake and Cameron. Now added with 2 goalkeepers, although our mentality is very attacking we have (on paper) a very, very sold defense.

Hcut PUSB

Hope so, they didnt get to play together too often last year so here to them satying fit and doing well.

rob9872

If they remain fit and play consistently together they will do well. That brings it's own problems because it means the team will be doing well and they will be sold in January.

CovScott88

We do have what looks like a very solid defence, but we are going to need to have one if we fail to bring any more attacking players in!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
I think our defense is better than a lot of people think. Unfortunately we need to strengthen in other places. If we can't hold the ball and get it up the pitch then it doesn't really matter how great our defense is. Plus with AT style of play I think we will concede more as well as score more. And Murphy is alright... he was our best option and we have him on a good contract so we can't really complain, It would have been hard for anyone to fill Westy's boots.

Gaskell

One good thing with Turner coming back is that all the clubs last year said we were one of the most solid/aggressive teams they played against and Turner's no push over. Hopefully they can do the job!

kevinleftpeg

I do not think the defence will be the issue. I am worried about our scoring capabilities. I think this will prove to be our nemesis.
Unfortunately, I think AT will have done well to keep us in the league again, assuming we have not gone bust. The £500k a month losses are the key. Somehow to survive, this must be addressed asap.
Sorry to be a negative but we are really struggling & I fear the worst.

However, I sincerely want to eat humble pie on the above, with 2nd helpings!

Il Pirata

I wouldn't say Keogh and Hussey are always 'solid' but it's decent looking on paper.

BTW you forgot Wood as well.

Users who are viewing this thread