Do you want to discuss boring politics? (13 Viewers)

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
im fine thanks and well as for Biden point scoring let’s take a look - you were bigging him up the other day?

I have to tread carefully or you might cry and threaten to mute me - how will I survive

You are a strange little man.

Back to the incel forums with you.

Reactions: SkyBlueCharlie9

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
You are a strange little man.

Back to the incel forums with you.

to be fair I’m sure you are far more familiar with their forums than me

COV

May 31, 2021
Looks like Rory Stewart called it right again

To think he was in the running for Tory leader and we ended up with Boris who has today said “Afghanistan can’t be a breeding ground for terrorists”. Too late Boris, the horse has bolted. Clueless prick.

Surely ‘countries’ aren’t breeding grounds for terrorists, ideologies are and they are in every country

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

clint van damme

May 3, 2015

It's literally Vietnam 2.0 for the USA

Despite the Talibans statement of no retribution ( which I'm fairly sure of no one believed), looks like they've already killed some interpreters.
Horrendous stuff.

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018
On a serious note, all the countries involved should be doing what it can to take in refugees from the area, the situation over there is likely to get very nasty - it’s no good western countries just walking away and turning a blind eye to it.
Well I hope you are right but the experience of Syia suggests this country at least will not do much.

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
Honestly woke up so annoyed about Afghanistan and I guess many ex/ military personnel will be the same

Lives lost , regions fucked up , peoples lives altered , suicide , mental health problems of thousands of young men and women , innocent people including children dead , refugee crisis ..

And for what

So pissed off

2 friends who took there own lives after going to this shit hole ..Blair and Bush living the life of luxury leaving a trail of destruction , its devastating

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Aug 16, 2018
Surely ‘countries’ aren’t breeding grounds for terrorists, ideologies are and they are in every country

Taliban retaking Afghanistan makes it much more likely Islamic terrorism will breed there. You can argue that's an ideology but if a group with that ideology are in control of the country then that country becomes a potential breeding ground.

Just like the US is a breeding ground for right-wing nutjobs to go on shooting sprees.

wingy

Jul 9, 2011
Incredible footage from the airport of of people running down the runway clambering onto the fuselage of a military plane .

• Wow
Reactions: clint van damme

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Taliban retaking Afghanistan makes it much more likely Islamic terrorism will breed there. You can argue that's an ideology but if a group with that ideology are in control of the country then that country becomes a potential breeding ground.

Just like the US is a breeding ground for right-wing nutjobs to go on shooting sprees.
No more so than as a country occupied by a Western power where the Taliban is resurgent anyway.

Hertsccfc

Apr 29, 2018

Johnson was talking yesterday about a be a change of Government in Afghanistan, like it's the sort of change we have here after a general election.

This is an extreme regime that we have spent 20 years suppressing and which harboured Bin Ladin. To allow them back is disastrous, not just for the people of Afghanistan but for the West too.

Ian1779

Dec 6, 2012
20 years of resources, unnecessary loss of life for both soldiers and civilians - how have the Taliban managed to captured an entire country in 7 days?

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Jul 27, 2018
Honestly woke up so annoyed about Afghanistan and I guess many ex/ military personnel will be the same

Lives lost , regions fucked up , peoples lives altered , suicide , mental health problems of thousands of young men and women , innocent people including children dead , refugee crisis ..

And for what

So pissed off

2 friends who took there own lives after going to this shit hole ..Blair and Bush living the life of luxury leaving a trail of destruction , its devastating

Very difficult not to feel this way, the strategy was just never achievable and the speed with which the Taliban are back on top makes that very clear. Sorry to hear about your friends Evo, this is going to rake over old wounds for thousands here (and mean god knows what for the average poor bastard stuck in Afghanistan).

Reactions: wingy and COV

Jul 27, 2018
20 years of resources, unnecessary loss of life for both soldiers and civilians - how have the Taliban managed to captured an entire country in 7 days?

Complete lack of will to oppose them it would seem. We've poured billions into their security forces and they've gone through them like they weren't there (which in some places is probably the most accurate description). It will probably revert to the kind of patchwork, tribal alliances and warfare that has characterised the place for centuries, you can expect the likes of Dostum and various other war criminals to re-emerge pretty quickly to make deals and carve out areas of influence/control.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015

It hasn't happened in7 days. The process was started during the Trump administration, I'm not sure what the Yanks are thinking.

COV

May 31, 2021
I thought that but then remembered they weren’t technical America then so it doesn’t count (that’s my excuse )

you may be right, also technically it could maybe be classed as a civil war

COV

May 31, 2021
They've been allowed to

saw footage of the Afghan forces scarpering with terrified & angry locals chucking rocks at them as they were being left to fend for themselves, and long queues outside banks- it’s going to be horrific

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
I've seen a video of people falling off the side of American military plane, just desperate

• Sad
Reactions: shmmeee

Evo1883

May 25, 2013
Coventry
I thought that but then remembered they weren’t technical America then so it doesn’t count (that’s my excuse )

Well 80% of the original American settlers were from British blood .

They also had the help of France, Spain and the Dutch to win a war against what was actually a small British force tbh at peak was 48,000

Jul 27, 2018
Well 80% of the original American settlers were from British blood .

They also had the help of France, Spain and the Dutch to win a war against what was actually a small British force tbh at peak was 48,000
Think we fucked our chances of winning that war pretty early on and the appearance of a french fleet basically swung Yorktown for the yanks and brought the end. From what i remember from my uni days the Russians piled in on us at one point too.

Reactions: Evo1883

Users who are viewing this thread