Does anyone else get the feeling? (2 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 2477

Pretty damn obvious what the plan is. Sisu sell ryton, pocket the last remaining sale of an asset and put some short term poor quality replacement in place whilst more false promises are made about building a new facility blah blah blah.

Sisu then leave 12 months later leaving us with nothing

Captain Dart

Pretty damn obvious what the plan is. Sisu sell ryton, pocket the last remaining sale of an asset and put some short term poor quality replacement in place whilst more false promises are made about building a new facility blah blah blah.

Oh you awful cynic.;) I hope Nick thinks this one through carefully..

torchomatic

Keep posting that every now again - plus on Facebook and Twitter - and before you know it Simon will have done a story and it will become cast iron fact. Simple!

trevelfarandwide

I can't help but feel that these rumours are coming directly from the owners through the club. I'm not suggesting that anyone who has been announcing them on here or indeed their source from within the club have been making them up. More a case of a well known conduit for rumours that quite often come to fruition is being played for the purpose of misdirection.

I can't help but feel that something is happening behind the scenes but it ain't the positive news we've all been waiting and hoping for but the distraction is required for a long enough period to get things in place so they can become an unstoppable force that the club won't recover from.

We need to start looking past these positive rumours. Not so much a case of they seem to good to be true, more a case of they seem to convenient to be true.

There's a shit storm coming. A shit storm so big that despite the shit storm we're already in it will feel like we're only just entering a shit storm for the first time. I can feel it in my bones and it makes me feel very uneasy.

I agree with this, wholeheartedly. The essence of the situation screams of impending doom, it really does - the PR machine is trying to work it's dissent and distraction in many ways, however one only has to assess the circumstances and feel that 'tip of the shitberg' vibe emanating from the club.

I hope we're wrong, but I doubt we are.

skybluetony176

ARVO get first dibs I would guess with the charges they have on Ryton, same difference though. Once pitch provision has been replaced. They're building a new school and green areas a plenty in the new town by Rugby that comes under RBC. What's the betting a couple of pitches get funding from the proceeds of the Ryton sale there somewhere? We end up renting somewhere on a rolling contract somewhere and then adios SISU.

skybluetony176

I agree with this, wholeheartedly. The essence of the situation screams of impending doom, it really does - the PR machine is trying to work it's dissent and distraction in many ways, however one only has to assess the circumstances and feel that 'tip of the shitberg' vibe emanating from the club.

I hope we're wrong, but I doubt we are.

I hope we're wrong to, but I also doubt we are.

theferret

People seem to be glossing over a very important point - that in order to sell something, you need a buyer. Who in their right mind is so desperate to acquire a piece of land (for likely several million pounds) when the development of that land is subject to a third party building a new facility elsewhere - something that is entirely out of their control. Sure, they could lease Ryton back to the club, and that may be attractive in the short term, but it would be a car crash of a situation, fraught with issues, and not something they would likely want to get involved in when they could acquire land elsewhere with far less baggage.

Sport England would come under massive scrutiny and pressure and would never sanction the development of Ryton without being sure that a suitable replacement will be provided, regardless of vagaries in the wording of their policy on these matters. You can call me naive if you like, but I think some people are becoming paranoid to the point where they have lost the ability to reason.

Wheelfass

People seem to be glossing over a very important point - that in order to sell something, you need a buyer. Who in their right mind is so desperate to acquire a piece of land (for likely several million pounds) when the development of that land is subject to a third party building a new facility elsewhere - something that is entirely out of their control. Sure, they could lease Ryton back to the club, and that may be attractive in the short term, but it would be a car crash of a situation, fraught with issues, and not something they would likely want to get involved in when they could acquire land elsewhere with far less baggage.

Sport England would come under massive scrutiny and pressure and would never sanction the development of Ryton without being sure that a suitable replacement will be provided, regardless of vagaries in the wording of their policy on these matters. You can call me naive if you like, but I think some people are becoming paranoid to the point where they have lost the ability to reason.
See my post #64.......

Site Conclusion

The site is located adjacent to the settlement boundary and is accessible to the services within the settlement. However, the site is currently used for sports pitches as the Coventry City FC Training Ground and therefore allocation of the site and subsequent development will only be possible subject to policy compliance and the ability to demonstrate the relocation of the sports pitches to an alternative site. The site promoter has demonstrated that recent discussions have taken place with Sport England regarding replacement provision and that the loss of pitches at this site will be acceptable once relocation is confirmed.
Site is considered suitable for development, subject to open space / sports pitch policy compliance to the satisfaction of Sport England.

The "third party" doesn't have to build a new facility, there just needs to be some sports pitches available. I doubt if they even have to be sitiuated at the same site.

dongonzalos

They don't have to build anything.
They can just sign the club up to a rental deal at other facilities.
The club are then responsible for the rental contract whereas the 2 million from the sale of the land can go to AVRO.
Do AVRO have any investments in housing companies?

theferret

They don't have to build anything.
They can just sign the club up to a rental deal at other facilities.
The club are then responsible for the rental contract whereas the 2 million from the sale of the land can go to AVRO.
Do AVRO have any investments in housing companies?

But that doesn't really stack up. By selling Ryton, the income they generate would be offset by a further reduction in the value of the club which they would still see as a saleable asset. As a way of generating some cash for the short term - perhaps (short-termism is something they excel at). As part of a cut and run exercise? Unlikely, because it would be a long drawn out process that would defeat the object and undermine the idea of a quick exit. I don't see why people think they are considering this as an option (well I do, because their track record is such that it is quite believable), but when you think about it, it doesn't make much sense. Selling Ryton and then disappearing into the sunset with £2 million doesn't seem very sensible when the alternative is to state publicly that the club is for sale, and if they did that there is a chance that someone out there might (possibly) consider an offer of 5-10 million for the whole club (and a clean slate).

Truth is we're fucked, that much is clear, but I don't believe there is a sinister plan to sell Ryton, pocket the cash and disappear, when they could potentially sell the whole club and disappear with a good deal more.

skybluetony176

Truth is we're fucked, that much is clear, but I don't believe there is a sinister plan to sell Ryton, pocket the cash and disappear, when they could potentially sell the whole club and disappear with a good deal more.

Problem with that is that the club is worth a quid with or without Ryton because of the debt loaded against the club. So why wouldn't they take the collateral out of Ryton, use that to get back some money before selling for a quid and then disappearing?

dongonzalos

But that doesn't really stack up. By selling Ryton, the income they generate would be offset by a further reduction in the value of the club which they would still see as a saleable asset. As a way of generating some cash for the short term - perhaps (short-termism is something they excel at). As part of a cut and run exercise? Unlikely, because it would be a long drawn out process that would defeat the object and undermine the idea of a quick exit. I don't see why people think they are considering this as an option (well I do, because their track record is such that it is quite believable), but when you think about it, it doesn't make much sense. Selling Ryton and then disappearing into the sunset with £2 million doesn't seem very sensible when the alternative is to state publicly that the club is for sale, and if they did that there is a chance that someone out there might (possibly) consider an offer of 5-10 million for the whole club (and a clean slate).

I am not if the mindset that they would sell Ryton to dissapear off into the sunset. However it is just part of that Ling drawn out process you are talking about.
They will be in my opinion releasing the value of that asset so AVRO get approx 2 million.
As oppose to it getting devalued in an administration sake where AVRO run the risk of not getting as much back and not Vern in control of the sale. (Just my opinion of course)

It would be nice if someone asks Mr Fisher on Friday if Ryton will only be sold as long as CCFC 'own' the replacement training ground.

shmmeee

Honestly Sisu taking the money and running would be the best scenario. I'm more worried that they'll stick around and think they can turn the club around and drag us further down.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Not if they are going to dump a load of debt and off set it in their tax returns, If thats legal not sure. I would be willing to sacrifice Ryton if it got rid of SISU once and for all, Wasps and the council might then be more sympathetic to our needs.

Captain Dart

Not if they are going to dump a load of debt and off set it in their tax returns, If thats legal not sure. I would be willing to sacrifice Ryton if it got rid of SISU once and for all, Wasps and the council might then be more sympathetic to our needs.
As long as no SISU/ARVO debt remains with the club.

sky blue john

I was under the impression Ryton had already been seperated from the club.
So unlikely to be involved with any sale of CCFC. We are probably paying rent on it.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

The value of otium t/a Ccfc is £nil with or without owning ryton. They won't get 5m to 10m for otium as it stands. But to be honest no one would buy otium unless the loans are written off and the preference shares cancelled.

The only way they get value is to sell the assets however even that is discounted by the football debts any new owner takes on. The assets are of course all charged to ARVO which means the sum received would be applied to reducing the amounts owed to ARVO first and foremost.

My guess is a lot of the deal would not be in cash upfront because of the cash flow provision requirement of any one coming in.

Could it be done yes. Could it be done quickly yes. Would you sell the training ground separately probably not. A new owner will need training facilities. Sisu might have an agreement in place to sell with a new site in place, which could add value before sale of club in some ways but that will take time.

I do not at this stage think they would liquidate the club. However if that point comes what happens to ryton then. It would become land owned by ARVO which would become derelict and unused ......... no longer football pitches

skybluetony176

The value of otium t/a Ccfc is £nil with or without owning ryton. They won't get 5m to 10m for otium as it stands. But to be honest no one would buy otium unless the loans are written off and the preference shares cancelled.

The only way they get value is to sell the assets however even that is discounted by the football debts any new owner takes on. The assets are of course all charged to ARVO which means the sum received would be applied to reducing the amounts owed to ARVO first and foremost.

My guess is a lot of the deal would not be in cash upfront because of the cash flow provision requirement of any one coming in.

Could it be done yes. Could it be done quickly yes. Would you sell the training ground separately probably not. A new owner will need training facilities. Sisu might have an agreement in place to sell with a new site in place, which could add value before sale of club in some ways but that will take time.

I do not at this stage think they would liquidate the club. However if that point comes what happens to ryton then. It would become land owned by ARVO which would become derelict and unused .........

Just to add to that major house builders have land banks where some of the land is purchased in surrounding green belt in anticipation of town plans changing. Sometimes land is owned for decades and rented back on a peppercorn rent before houses get built while waiting for the anticipated change, especially farm land. Most of the growth of Milton Keynes over the last 20+ years happened like this.

I guess the point I'm making is that Ryton could be sold, we rent it back on a peppercorn basis for a fixed period, some money goes to the local authority for replacement pitches, the balance goes to ARVO charges. It isn't going to devalue the club as we all know it's worth FA and SISU/ARVO get something out before selling a shell of a football club.

Users who are viewing this thread