donaldson from crewe to city? (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
Anyone heard of the guy? Name rings a bell but can't think of him as a player.

www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/football-rumours-gossip/2011/05/19/gossip-coventry-city-set-to-swoop-for-clayton-donaldson-92746-28726106/

Had a Crewe season ticket last year as live in the area :). He is way to good for league two bags of pace and skillful, not too small either,, would be quality in league one but not sure if he could make the step up to te championship! Anyhow, he would be a great player to have on the bench, isn't proven at this level, but he was the top scorer in league 2 last year so cant be too shabby!

JCR1987

29 last season, not a bad return. All depends on what he'd cost. Worth a punt for a couple of hundred grand I reckon.

smileycov

Facebook User
As long as he doesnt turn out to be another o'donnavon, you never know. There are plenty who have stepped up from the unknown and made it...Lambert anyone :whistle:

ajsccfc

Like you I've heard of him but haven't seen him. Record's average as well?

I dunno, seems pretty decent to me; under 1 in 3 throughout his whole career and fresh off a cracking season. The big question is whether a L2 goalscorer could be a Championship goalscorer.

kg82

I dunno, seems pretty decent to me; under 1 in 3 throughout his whole career and fresh off a cracking season. The big question is whether a L2 goalscorer could be a Championship goalscorer.

Yes, I actually retract my statement! 29 in league 2 last season is excellent. Grant Holt got his move from Shrewesbury on the back of a good season and look what he did. Lambert's kind of the same but hasn't proven himself at this level yet so you can't compare. Although I do think he'll make the step up. Maybe worth a punt on this bloke - on a free and can't see wages being too much.

Disorganised1

We'll soon train him out of that scoring habit.

I've seen him a few times on the Football League things on sky sports, looks very good on his day, however seems to score in spells according to the guys on there. Not very consistent, but i think he would be a good signing nonetheless

sky blue john

The last time the CET mentioned we were interested in players ie Jimmy Bullard and young Norwich striker the club came out and said it was bullshit. I expect this to be the same.

skyblue_rich

Would prefer MacDonald simply because he is 24, Donaldson is 27, but to be honest I am unsure about both of them since they have both only had 1 good season, unlike Le Fondre who has had 3 very good seasos at that level. But I assume that AT would go 4 donaldson since he would be free

pusbccfc

Got one hell of a pen on him

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone remember the last player called Clayton we signed from Crewe?? And he only played once and never again (even though he didnt play bad. Just Dowie who didnt like him!!).

Wouldnt have to think of a song if we did sign him. Looks like the Crewe fans have this one sorted. Bet it took 'em ages!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4bVRrGEMU (dont have your volume too loud!! amateur mobile phone recordings always go excessivly loud!!)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
even if we did sign hima nd he had a cracking season for us and really stood out he be sold on the next season to make money lol.

tippex9

Beckford, Morrison, Holt, Kightley, Mikail-Smith, DJ Campbell..... Just some of the non-league players who have worked their way up the tables still scoring goals.

If this kid is available on a free it's hardly a gamble!!!

bamalamafizzfazz

Beckford, Morrison, Holt, Kightley, Mikail-Smith, DJ Campbell..... Just some of the non-league players who have worked their way up the tables still scoring goals.

If this kid is available on a free it's hardly a gamble!!!

Excellent point, fed up of hearing what if it turns out like O'Donovan. What if it doesn't?

Users who are viewing this thread