Don't let other issues divert our attention (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

At this moment in time we fans must focus on one issue and one issue alone, Tony Mowbray becoming manager and with a half decent budget. Headlines in the Coventry Telegraph and pages of posts on here and all of a sudden the "new" stadium is prominent, where, when and if. Tim Fisher and Steve Waggott are up against the wall over Mowbray and the managers job, he has produced safety, and despite obvious difficulties we have here has publicly threw his hat in the ring for the job, he wants to manage us, seems bouyed on the challenge he faces and has backing of most supporters. Now all of a sudden the ground issue rears it's head again. Whic i think is a divert tactic.
I implore all on here to make the Tony Mowbray issue the only issue for now, and keep at Fisher and Waggott none stop. I fail to see exactly why this should take 2,3,4 days to resolve but then we are talking Laurel and Hardy clones aren't we.
I listened intently twice to yesterdays Waggott interview on CWR and i thought there was a definate lack of sincerety how he spoke, now perhaps he knows he might be history here soon but also worringly he might already know how things are going to pan-out.

Last edited:

Astute

To me a place to play is more important than who our manager is. Yes we need a decent manager. But we also need a decent stadium. If we don't have anywhere to play we are finished.

cmoncity

Agreed. Its just another head turner first season tickets now the ground.all leading to a no mowbray deal for me im afraid

rupert_bear

Codswallop, Bournemouth play in a small tin pot stadium which holds just 15000, they have put the team first, got themselves to the promised land with all it's riches and will develop from there, the team should always come first, yet to see a new grandstand score the winner

Astute

Agreed. Its just another head turner first season tickets now the ground.all leading to a no mowbray deal for me im afraid

TM is in a strong position. SISU need him. That isn't in doubt. And he is also out of contract. So they can't offer him a payoff with a clause to keep quiet. If he is only asking for what he said I can't see them not giving him another contract. And as he is in negotiations it looks like he wants to stay.

Covstu

I agree, get the manager sorted and get us back in the Championship. Stadium nonsense is for another day.

Astute

Codswallop, Bournemouth play in a small tin pot stadium which holds just 15000, they have put the team first, got themselves to the promised land with all it's riches and will develop from there, the team should always come first, yet to see a new grandstand score the winner

A 15,000 stadium like Bournemouths is a decent stadium. Replace what you said about Bournemouth with Northampton and you would be right.

Ian1779

To be fair.. it was the CET not the club that released the story. They could have chosen to do one on Mowbray and keep pressure on SISU to get it sorted, and I very much doubt the CET is the PR mouthpiece for CCFC.

Astute

I agree, get the manager sorted and get us back in the Championship. Stadium nonsense is for another day.

Back to Northampton and a very poor squad through forced finances good?

rupert_bear

My concern is a statement Tim Fisher made about a year ago, that we are financially okay in division one/two but it would be a struggle in the championship. Now he has sat there watching games all season and knows any half decent manager can turn also rans into promotion candidates almost over night, look at Bristol City and MK Dons as examples. Now since that statement Fisher has said "we are now cash flow positive" yet he has never retracted that statement about the championship could be a struggle. A question needs asking to him directly do you want promotion, yes or no. It is time he was asked this by our local media.

Astute

Northampton will never happen again, wouldn't be allowed by FL or even Government.

It wouldn't be as easy as last time. But never say never. A big fallout between Wasps and SISU could leave us homeless. So there would be a choice between moving again and our club ending. The FL would choose Northampton.

SkyBlueSid

To me a place to play is more important than who our manager is. Yes we need a decent manager. But we also need a decent stadium. If we don't have anywhere to play we are finished.

The mythical new stadium is never going to happen. Getting Mowbray to stay just might. No brainer really.

stupot07

I think you're seeing too much of a conspiracy theory here to be honest.

Agreed. I don't think any of us have forgotten that we want to secure Mowbray and that talks are currently ongoing. Are we not allowed to discuss anything but Mowbray until he's signed a deal?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ecky

My concern is a statement Tim Fisher made about a year ago, that we are financially okay in division one/two but it would be a struggle in the championship. Now he has sat there watching games all season and knows any half decent manager can turn also rans into promotion candidates almost over night, look at Bristol City and MK Dons as examples. Now since that statement Fisher has said "we are now cash flow positive" yet he has never retracted that statement about the championship could be a struggle. A question needs asking to him directly do you want promotion, yes or no. It is time he was asked this by our local media.

Your right they don't want promotion because that would cost them..
They are happy just surviving in L1 whilst they bob along now waiting for wasps to go bump..
But that won't happen so we are stuck with the parasites running the club

Users who are viewing this thread