Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

TomRad85

If it is just SISU making a last attempt to get the ground, then fine, I hope they get it. SISU and this Doug character owning club and stadium is still better than being owned by SISU and renting from the filth.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

lord_garrincha

Factor in inflation on any capital asset and repair & upkeep costs... let's see how far £25 million will go... or not, most likely!

fatso

So purchasing with equity, not debt, what does that mean?
It means he's got the readies and doesn't need to mortgage the Arena, which means future income won't be used to service debt.
Which means more of the business income could be re-invested in CCFC should he manage to unite the club and the Arena under the same business.

AJB1983

Doesn’t feel right to me this.
so out of the blue - who is this geezer? What the hell does he want with coventry city?
Fair enough if the ‘local businessman’ was someone we’d heard of and knew was actually interested in football and/or a fan.
The fact he also said about sisu did well bringing the club back to coventry - it was them that fucking took us out of coventry?!

my theory is it’s all about the stadium, then either he will sell back his shares to the other shareholders i.e sisu and they’ve got it through the back door.

either way we all know that if the company that owns the brand that is coventry city football club owns acl then it will only be rented back to the football club anyway. It’ll never be CCFC that own the operating company, it’ll be Otium or whoever.

Sky Blue Pete

Nope, just a businessman, no mention of MR.
He has links with Sisu, and even shares a London office with Sisu, and part of his business empire is a hedge fund!
Well I think it clear he’s not a part of sisu but expect cynics to see it that way

On cwr in 5 mins

fatso

He
What did he pay for his 85% stake in CCFC?
hasn't paid anything as yet, he's just reached an agreement. (That's my understanding)
My guess is the agreement "could" depend on him securing the Arena. If he fails to secure the Arena then all bets may be off.

Londonccfcfan

Also if
so out of the blue - who is this geezer? What the hell does he want with coventry city?
Fair enough if the ‘local businessman’ was someone we’d heard of and knew was actually interested in football and/or a fan.
The fact he also said about sisu did well bringing the club back to coventry - it was them that fucking took us out of coventry?!

my theory is it’s all about the stadium, then either he will sell back his shares to the other shareholders i.e sisu and they’ve got it through the back door.

either way we all know that if the company that owns the brand that is coventry city football club owns acl then it will only be rented back to the football club anyway. It’ll never be CCFC that own the operating company, it’ll be Otium or whoever.

Also if he was long term admirer...whatever the fuck that means. More bullshit.

Why hasnt he ever sponsored the club in some way shape or form with his diverse range of businesses.

Londonccfcfan

Im thinking id rather have MA own the ground than Than some form of SISU in disguise.

SBT

Only one I can answer with moderate confidence is the "shorting oil" one. If he's made a fortune out of it I think that implies that he closed his position (i.e. took his profit) long before it went back up to current levels.
i would imagine he closed out his position to make his fortune lol

Well yeah, obviously you have to close your position to realise the gains - I just think it’s striking that his two periods of success happened to coincide with extremely low oil prices, whereas the year when oil prices hit a modern record saw him be named “the worst hedge fund manager in the world”.

And then you have this price prediction from six months ago, and I have to wonder how our new owner’s portfolio is looking as we head into a global recession:
CE443CB0-384A-4833-8163-23C45B5814FB.jpeg

Sky Blue Harry H

That was my eventual suspicion, but still a guess based on not much.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That was my eventual suspicion, but still a guess based on not much.

I don’t get your issue - as long as the club and stadium are owned by one entity, I say crack on

Londonccfcfan

Well yeah, obviously you have to close your position to realise the gains - I just think it’s striking that his two periods of success happened to coincide with extremely low oil prices, whereas the year when oil prices hit a modern record saw him be named “the worst hedge fund manager in the world”.

And then you have this price prediction from six months ago, and I have to wonder how our new owner’s portfolio is looking as we head into a global recession:
View attachment 27309
Good job he didnt try to short that.

Users who are viewing this thread