Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Think I’m over the business partner of the son of joys joint director bit. If it had been denied then maybe it’s a problem

Still as I said we are in an abusive relationship that we can’t get out of with ccfc over the last 15 years (maybe not the last 5) so cynicism and doubt is healthy

Liquid Gold

Hmmm. This is the sort of thing that does put the shits up me. I was very much happy with sisu silence as I thought that implied an NDA. Doug hasn’t bought the club yet and now they’re shouting off about bids on the day it all gets decided.

Does very much look like a play to get people on side with a “we tried but we’re done over” trick. Won’t wash this time though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Haven't listened to it, but did he get asked the obvious 'Are you still buying CCFC if the stadium bid is unsuccessful?'
Also - was he asked who approached whom in terms of the 'sale' ?

If not, crap interrogating.

coop

We all know supporting Cov it's all going to go wrong and Ashley will get the stadium rent to us for a ridiculous amount and this Doug will walk away and the council will say it had nothing to do with them and out of there hands the big 3 will go in January and will get relegated. Obviously I hope this never happens and we get the arena and invest in January.

ajsccfc

Hmmm. This is the sort of thing that does put the shits up me. I was very much happy with sisu silence as I thought that implied an NDA. Doug hasn’t bought the club yet and now they’re shouting off about bids on the day it all gets decided.

Does very much look like a play to get people on side with a “we tried but we’re done over” trick. Won’t wash this time though.

I get the same worry, it seems very showy and on the day.

olderskyblue

Alright, let's go back to the Doug King's offer reduced to £10mil after due dilligence ;)
Will MA’s offer still be £17m this morning? Has he been going through due diligence the last couple of weeks?

Liquid Gold

CCFC’s bid is the only one which can guarantee that the Sky Blues can continue to play home games in Coventry over the long term.

stop with this shit too

CCFCSteve

Its a figure to make court/bondholders trustee/proposed administrator think long and hard about Ashley deal

Is it deliverable 🤷‍♂️

jordan210

giphy.gif

SBT

Haven't listened to it, but did he get asked the obvious 'Are you still buying CCFC if the stadium bid is unsuccessful?'
Also - was he asked who approached whom in terms of the 'sale' ?

If not, crap interrogating.

He was asked what would happen if we didn’t get the stadium and his answer was, quite literally, “it is what it is”.

Sky Blue Harry H

Oh Sup
Super, super, super Doug
You'll be first to pull the rug
You say you've the money, oh King of Shaves
You must think we live in caves

Super, super, super Doug
We roll our eyes and give a shrug
Sounds more like you're a SISU puppet
So go jog on, you super f*cking super Muppet. 🤪

Something like that?

Oh Super Doug, Oh Super Doug
Is wonderful, Is wonderful
Oh Super Doug is wonderful
He shaves your face, your fanny and your arsehole :oops:
Oh Super Doug is wonderful

shmmeee

Just listened to the full interview.

Hmmm.

Don’t commit to much on or off the pitch, which could just be how these sorts of people are. Seems to know not a lot at all about the club or the arena in fact.

Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but seems a strange one. One encouraging thing is the only thing he’s said about football is no sales in Jan, which is a start.

Brighton Sky Blue

Today’s club statement

Coventry City can confirm it intends to submit a bid of £25m for the CBS Arena (subject to confirmatory due diligence) and has the requisite proof of funds available.

We will be represented in this morning’s court proceedings and would welcome clarity on the administration process.

CCFC’s bid is the only one which can guarantee that the Sky Blues can continue to play home games in Coventry over the long term.

This is an opportunity for a new start for the Club, the city, and our fans. We must grasp it.

Londonccfcfan

How long does EFL approval take? Days , weeks?
Theres timelines for all the pieces in jigsaw to fall into place, this one bid seems skewed.

rexo87

Bondholders not being represnted in court as they are not opposing Ashley - so i dont see how it wouldnt go through?

Users who are viewing this thread