Doug King Takeover (4 Viewers)

JAM See

Who knows, if Ashley was to purchase the club would it be just Kings 85%, does Seppalla want to keep that 15% holding in the case we get promoted to the PL
It's the 85% that I find a bit strange.

If you want to cede control but retain a stake on the chance that things come good, why not keep a 49% holding?

skyblu3sk

Had hoped there would be more of an end game today. Looks like Ashley will take over the stadium and the naming rights. So will King take ownership who knows... I wanted it to go Sisu's way today which I think would have guaranteed a sale.

GaryPendrysEyes

Yea today is a missed opportunity but what happens in the next few weeks and months no one knows. I suppose absolutely that our home games are sorted at cbs which is good
I mean if you bowl up to a multi million deal with a few hours to spare with a ‘bid’ based on nothing written on a fag packet you will always have a ‘missed opportunity’.…

WestEndAgro

I wonder what the Council has offered Ashley to get it out of its Wasps mess. Ashley threatening the judge that he'd walk away if admin not granted today - not a good look. I think this is a disaster waiting to happen and another stand off between club and stadium owner, with the council on the wrong side again!
Doubtful, in fairness I'm not sure what the council has really done materially wrong here
Their Labour, isn't that enough 🤔

shmmeee

It's more because most people don't vote in local elections?

If it’s not a GE at the same time generally it’s only the hardcore voters who are unlikely to change vote as well. Right now Tories likely to stay home and Labour likely to be motivated.

Like most elections local and National the only real variable that matters is national mood towards the party and demographics. Everything else is noise pretty much.

RegTheDonk

I think Ashley wanted an investor in CCFC in place before taking over the stadium. Why , I don't know, but I think he may decide to buy the club further down the line and in the meantime wants some stability in the club. I think he'll offer some reassurance to the club and offer a reasonable deal in terms of tenancy .

Thing is though Al, what's in it for Asheley if he gives a reasonable tenancy and King does indeed get on with it - stabilises the club, puts in a few bob and gets us promoted? Price would rocket. You'd think Ashley, if indeed the club is the ultimate aim, would want to get it cheap and early?

I guess it's time will tell, but Doug King said if MA wants a quick proift he's got £25M ready to go, something like that. Can't really see MA settling for a trivial £8M payback.

Samo

Boris would have got the stadium deal ‘done’

Yes probably, but not without being caught in a dozen lies, shagging someones wife and displaying a degree of integrity that a top level con artist would be proud of.

Bad Boy

Thing is though Al, what's in it for Asheley if he gives a reasonable tenancy and King does indeed get on with it - stabilises the club, puts in a few bob and gets us promoted? Price would rocket. You'd think Ashley, if indeed the club is the ultimate aim, would want to get it cheap and early?

I guess it's time will tell, but Doug King said if MA wants a quick proift he's got £25M ready to go, something like that. Can't really see MA settling for a trivial £8M payback.
I wouldn't mind 8 big fuck off big bags profit if it was on the table.

GIMOC

Duggins is an awful leader, that interview with him earlier sounded like he was in the smoking shelter at Wyken Club.
Hes been in hiding all week, they've wheeled him back out today though I see

he used drink round Wyken. Last I knew he lived gayer street near to wok u like

SBT

Where to start with this

I really don't think any investor, let alone Mike Ashley, would turn down an overnight £8mn profit unless they thought they were sitting on a goldmine. It's already clear that neither ACL nor CCFC fits that description.

This idea that Ashley needs to act ASAP before the price of Coventry City skyrockets on account of their promotion only exists in the heads of a few over-excitable City fans.

Greggs

Do people think this will still happen? I doubt it very much.

shmmeee

Where to start with this

I really don't think any investor, let alone Mike Ashley, would turn down an overnight £8mn profit unless they thought they were sitting on a goldmine. It's already clear that neither ACL nor CCFC fits that description.

This idea that Ashley needs to act ASAP before the price of Coventry City skyrockets on account of their promotion only exists in the heads of a few over-excitable City fans.

Also it’s not an unconditional £25m it’s subject to due dil which seems to have reduced the bid in every instance.

Skyblue54

Would it be a possibility to split the stadium into 2 entities?..ashley runs exhibition/conference side and king the football side including pitch..stands etc

SkyBluesForever21

Don’t know. If it’s a Walt account then so be it. Guess we’ll find out.

Had my hopes up we’d found an ITK in the Council finance top tier.
Kind of rude to a new member no? The sale re-invigorated my hope for the club and I came here hoping for a welcoming community. I hope this initial reception is the outlier! I'm not sure why SkyBluesForever20+1 is trying to mimick me? It's flattering in a way!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Well there you go Doug… you’ve now got £25m to spend in January instead of the stadium so don’t come to January and not say you’ve not got any money to spend

“and my statement is; we have the cash, £25million”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or alternatively keep the £25 million and instead sell all of your 85% to Ashley for not far off a similar price

Users who are viewing this thread