'Duo Battle For Westwood' (1 Viewer)

gouldberg

Sky Sports are reporting that Everton and Leicester are battling to get Keiren Westwood. Whilst I think Everton would be a decent move for the lad, Leicester?

Looks like money could be getting to another players head.

Source: Duo Battle For Westwood - Sky Sports News

pusbccfc

If he goes leicester he will lose all my respect

KarmicChris

Wherever he goes, if we play against him i'll applaud him cus he was great for us. I won't if he goes to Leicester though. :mad:

BurbageSkyBlues

If he goes to another championship club, then we will be able to exploit his known weaknesses. It would also reveal a lack of self-belief on his part, which, ironically, is one of his flaws........confidence, as displayed in hesitation on crosses and balls into the box.

He is athletic and acrobatic, but gets caught out of position with speculative shots out of the blue, in particular from distance.

A good championship keeper, but needs experience at a higher level if he is to develop to full potential. Won't get that at Leicester.

skybluesteve76

If he goes to Leicester he can rot in hell! Personally I think he's a good keeper but not irreplaceable, he certainly won't displace Tim Howard at everton! So what's the point of moving to another championship side? One thing....money!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
If he goes leicester he will lose all my respect

I second this! Whether he'd be bothered or not, i cudnt care less. But any move to a Championship club would be a backward step imo! He cud move to a relegated club thinking he'll be guaranteed promotion, but will still only be better off for atleast one season financially.

I agree though that Everton wud be a good move, but can any1 honestpy see him budging Tim Howard from his number 1 slot?? I cant.

Again, he will onpy benefit financially, which although that will make you wealthier as an individual it wont do your career much good, especially his international career.

Tankie

I strongly disagree.
The flaws some people are speaking of simply don't exist, and are merely the result of vindictive displeasure, because he won't sign a new contract.
Westwood, is the safest, confident, and most complete Keeper I've seen wearing a City Jersey, his handling, and lightning reaction times are second to non, "When was the last time one 0f his errors cost us a game, and conversly, how many games has he kept us in with superb goalkeeping ability, if you think westie has flawed technique, What did you think of Dimmi, Marton Fullop, etc.
Westie will do well at any level, he is the model of a fine all round Keeper, and I wish him well.
Tank Top......Planet Bedworth

skybluereeve

I hope the bloke does well, he has served his time well with us. But he does tend to get caught in no mans land now and again, but the flip point is who doesn't? The best keeprs in the world do it from time to time. Having said this if he did go to fester I would be gutted. Good luck westy but lets move on and get a replacement in.

Users who are viewing this thread