Dyche lands Watford job (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

dyche_2612263.jpg

Watford have named assistant manager Sean Dyche as their new boss as replacement for Malky Mackay.

Dyche will step up from his assistant manager role to take the helm at Vicarage Road following the departure of Mackay to Cardiff.

The former Watford captain took over as assistant manager in the summer of 2009 following the permanent appointment of Mackay and he has impressed the Watford board.

Watford owner Laurence Bassini backed the decision of the club's board to give Dyche the role

"I'm delighted that the Board - Graham Taylor, Stuart Timperley and David Fransen - have been able to add their experience and influence to the decision to appoint Sean as our new manager," Bassini told the club's official website.

"For me, this appointment is very much in keeping with 'The Watford Way' of doing things - and that's an ethos I'm growing more familiar with as time goes on.

"It's important we've appointed someone who has a real feeling for what this club is about. I'm very glad we've been able to reach this point now.

Endorsed

Hornets chairman Graham Taylor believes Dyche is the right man to take the club forward.

"On behalf of the Board, I fully endorse Sean's appointment. It is very good news for Watford Football Club," said Taylor.

"Continuity is imperative. In Sean, we have a very decent man who understands what it means to work for Watford.

"He is a strong advocate of the importance of our home-grown talent flourishing, having been youth-team coach only a couple of years ago."

Users who are viewing this thread