EFL Awards Tonight (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Awards shmawards!
Ordinary People over Raging Bull still vexes me.

Sick Boy

I can't believe for one moment that Gyokeres knowing about this would have had any impact on his shooting on Saturday.
Come on, there’s already talk about fate and the stars aligning. Perhaps it was witchcraft or someone with a voodoo doll.

Sick Boy

I actually think kompany has done a good job despite the large amount of money available in January etc .. he's had to change the entire football philosophy of a club .. fair play to the kryton head
Yeah, he’s done a great job.

The Philosopher

I can't believe for one moment that Gyokeres knowing about this would have had any impact on his shooting on Saturday.
Oh FFS some people….

It’s a twist on the “manager of the month curse”.

Manager gets award and next couple of games always seem to go wrong.

Boosh

You were being laughed at in general.

Carlton Morris should’ve been in team of the year over Gyo I think

Balli001

Carlton Morris should’ve been in team of the year over Gyo I think
Why?

The Philosopher

Has anyone checked the number of red / yellow cards that the players in the “TOTS” received.

I and others jested about it a little but it wouldn’t surprise me if Hamer’s couple of red cards and stack of yellow cards were the only reason he didn’t get in the team.

Balli001

He hasn't been good all season and misses way too many one on one's. He doesn't like passing to team mates either.
Partly true but he has more goals and assists than most of the league, Morris included. So no morris shouldn't be in ahead of him

skyblu3sk

It isn’t true at all, you’re a loser
Clubhouse Moderator GIF by The3Flamingos

Balli001

Seems the Experts agree with me… do you happen to like the masked singer?
"Experts" 🤣 so gyokeres gets nominated for player of the year and gets in team of the year yet apparently you are right! I expect Morris will be attracting 20 million bids in the summer then

Boosh

"Experts" 🤣 so gyokeres gets nominated for player of the year and gets in team of the year yet apparently you are right! I expect Morris will be attracting 20 million bids in the summer then

I think you might want to read your old posts back and then rejoin this conversation. Thanks

Boosh

He has but not as good as others. Boosh however and his team of experts think differently though

No I think Gyo is fully deserving of his place. Some would rather Carlton morris though. Apparently Gyo doesn’t like to pass despite being the top assister at the club. Interesting

clint van damme

Fair play to Wilson, that’s some turnaround.
Can’t remember who posted it but the comments from Wilson not being able to handle the pressure of being number one were interesting and he’s done well to overcome the mental aspects of the game holding him back.
I wonder if Moore has similar issues and hasn’t been able to overcome them and be a number one.
Moore needs to overcome not being able to catch the ball.

clint van damme

Hamer incredibly unlucky, it was decided some time ago but still harsh.

That Midfield is... odd.
Brownhill isn't even Burnley's best CM, Scott is an incredible talent (& deservedly YPOTY) but hasn't had the season of the likes of Cullen, Norwood or of course Gus & shoehorning a winger/forward like Tella into a Midfield 3... Wow.

Johannson probably deserves keeper spot ahead of Wilson though in fairness.

And, in terms of ex players, I'd have had Giles (or Manning) over Maatsen.

Can't agree about Johannson, Wilsons clean sheet record this season is incredible.

Having said that, I would be delighted if we signed Johannson to compete with him next season.

Boosh

Mine was:

Johannson

Roberts
Ahmedhozic
Lockyer
Maatsen

Ndiaye
Norwood
Cullen
Tella

Akpom
Gyokeres

Scott, Grimes, Brownhill all still ahead of Hamer

Boosh

most of your likes seem to be from grenners

what happened in your life that makes getting laughed at online and pretending to like the arsenal ladies team seem like a good idea

i actually feel sorry for you

489C10AE-9E9B-4885-810B-36D3C488BBEE.jpeg

Frostie

Can't agree about Johannson, Wilsons clean sheet record this season is incredible.

Having said that, I would be delighted if we signed Johannson to compete with him next season.
Understand what you're saying but Clean Sheets is really a team achievement.

Wilson averages just over 3 Shots on Target Against per 90, putting him in the bottom 3rd for SOTA. Johansson faces almost 5 Shots on Target per 90 (96th percentile) Johansson faces more shots, more difficult shots, makes more saves, has a better Goals Prevented stat, claims more Crosses etc. etc.

If it's just going on Clean Sheets why hasn't Horvath at Luton won it? Same amount of Clean Sheets as Wilson & conceded less goals.

clint van damme

Understand what you're saying but Clean Sheets is really a team achievement.

Wilson averages just over 3 Shots on Target Against per 90, putting him in the bottom 3rd for SOTA. Johansson faces almost 5 Shots on Target per 90 (96th percentile) Johansson faces more shots, more difficult shots, makes more saves, has a better Goals Prevented stat, claims more Crosses etc. etc.

If it's just going on Clean Sheets why hasn't Horvath at Luton won it? Same amount of Clean Sheets as Wilson & conceded less goals.

I wasn't aware of Horvaths stats, I'd say going by that he should have won it.
I also think its a bit disingenuous to say clean sheets is a team achievement,(although there's undoubtedly some truth in it), no one says the same about a strikers goal tally though the team contribute to that.

Users who are viewing this thread