Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (2 Viewers)

hamertime

I don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, although it is still very soon to judge him. Was more aimed at the twitter types saying he is shit already. Bizarre take.

Personally I think he'll annoy the more basic fans because he is big and languid. Doesn't mean he can't be effective but he isn't gonna be the gung-ho dynamic battering type that gets people off their seat. Luckily we have Wright for that. Good to have a mix to chose from.
You mean luckily we have Wright who is twice as good so he might be about to carry Simms.

fatso

There's nothing woke about giving him more than three matches before saying he looks garbage.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
How many games exactly should we give him before we are allowed (in your opinion) to state the f#@king obvious then?

hamertime

Reminds me of Tyler Walker. I think it was a panic buy without really doing their homework, seen he scored a goal in the prem and thought he’d be good enough. I reckon the other players think he’s no good too.

its a buzzard

How many games exactly should we give him before we are allowed (in your opinion) to state the f#@king obvious then?
Cast your mind back to when Vik came in on loan. I wasn't alone in wondering what Robins saw in him, and we all know how that ended. If you want to open your mouth and let your belly rumble, fill your boots. How about we revisit this at the end of the season?

fatso

Cast your mind back to when Vik came in on loan. I wasn't alone in wondering what Robins saw in him, and we all know how that ended. If you want to open your mouth and let your belly rumble, fill your boots. How about we revisit this at the end of the season?

Oh I have a feeling we won't have to wait that long.

SBT

Mentioned this in the match thread, but there was a moment where Simms was released down the channel by DaSilva. Was ball side, defender a couple of yards behind.

Now i dont know if its because we were spoiled by Vik, but what I saw from that position was shite.

He ended up stumbling around, ball never under control and if anything had started to roll out, he nudges it along a bit whilst flailing about, somehow allows the defender to get round him and start taking the ball away, simms drags him back and fouls him.

I just found that piss poor, thats bread and butter for a big striker isnt it, shield the ball near the touchline, try and hold it up, lay the ball off or win a foul or throw.

And when the foul was given it was just nonchalant 'meh'. I'll reserve until after the international break before i become overly critical but i just thought that, along with the movement I've seen from him isnt that standard i thought he would bring as of yet
Five paragraphs slating the guy based off one passage of play, but you’ll wait a few weeks before you become overly critical 👍👍👍👍👍

fatso

Fucking ridiculous for anyone to write this lad off. Give him time. We will reap the benefits.
I hope your right, and I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. But I've seen absolutely nothing from him in his first 2 and a bit appearances to suggest he's going to be a success here, now I'm well aware that's very little time to judge a player on, but I saw more from Gyokeres and Waghorn and even Walker in their first 2 games than I've seen from Simms. Something is definitely wrong with the guy, and it isn't a lack of fitness or taking time to gel, as that wouldn't explain the lack of quality he's showing. I hope another weeks training will help him to get upto speed, I'm not writing him off, but he's got a lot of improving to do as it appears he's already become third choice striker after just 2 weeks.

Next up is Sunderland, and I hope that will give him the motivation to show us what he's about.

Otis

Three games in a new team, with many new players around them, is nowhere even approaching a fraction of how long we should give a player.

Obviously you can't put an exact figure on it, but if people started criticising him after say 10 games, that would have a lot more logic to it
He will be fine I think , bit too early to write a player off

Evo1883

Three games in a new team, with many new players around them, is nowhere even approaching a fraction of how long we should give a player.

Obviously you can't put an exact figure on it, but if people started criticising him after say 10 games, that would have a lot more logic to it
He will ofcourse need to start producing at some point , we've spent good money on him

croatskyblue

Mentioned this in the match thread, but there was a moment where Simms was released down the channel by DaSilva. Was ball side, defender a couple of yards behind.

Now i dont know if its because we were spoiled by Vik, but what I saw from that position was shite.

He ended up stumbling around, ball never under control and if anything had started to roll out, he nudges it along a bit whilst flailing about, somehow allows the defender to get round him and start taking the ball away, simms drags him back and fouls him.

I just found that piss poor, thats bread and butter for a big striker isnt it, shield the ball near the touchline, try and hold it up, lay the ball off or win a foul or throw.

And when the foul was given it was just nonchalant 'meh'. I'll reserve until after the international break before i become overly critical but i just thought that, along with the movement I've seen from him isnt that standard i thought he would bring as of yet

good to see you’re going to wait before being overly critical, as opposed to the balanced & well thought through opinions such as “shite”, “nonchalant” and “piss poor”

you’ve already written the guy off, pathetic

Brighton Sky Blue

good to see you’re going to wait before being overly critical, as opposed to the balanced & well thought through opinions such as “shite”, “nonchalant” and “piss poor”

you’ve already written the guy off, pathetic
Who would you recommend from the Croatian leagues to replace Hamer?

hamertime

Everyone knows deep down he’s not worth what we’ve spent on him. People are saying things like “he will be fine” “will score a few”. I believe he actually hinders our play, he was dropped today for a reason.

Brighton Sky Blue

Everyone knows deep down he’s not worth what we’ve spent on him. People are saying things like “he will be fine” “will score a few”. I believe he actually hinders our play, he was dropped today for a reason.
Considering he’s just spent 6 months in a terrible Everton side feeding off scraps he isn’t going to be in red hot form straight away.

Happy_Martian

Sunderland fans said it took him a while to get his feet last season for them as well.

MR plays an unusual scheme here and it will take players time to get used to their responsibilities. And when you're low on confidence as Simms looks, playing sporadically isn't giving him time to gel, get more confident nor get used to the tactics. And don't say the training ground is where they do all that. Playing on a training ground is not as intense as playing in a full match. Even our US international who has previously played in 5 different countries and played for his country in a World Cup is struggling to get into the swing. Where are the threads deriding his performances ?

This guy, like every one of our new recruits needs more than 3 games to get up to speed in our system. Preseason was shortened this year, a fair few of the new ones came in later. And now, most are only getting partial appearances due to sharing out their game time with the other new recruits.

Give them time before you start nailing them all to the cross. And by time, I would say 6-10 games. Will it affect our season ? Took us 7 games to win a game last season and we were bottom of the league for the first 10 games. So no, it won't affect our season, it may just make it better.

Evo1883

He reminds me a bit of vik when he first arrived if I'm honest .. it was only when Robins took him out the side then re introduced vik towards the end of the season that he looked remotely anything worth a footballer ..he will need time I think .

I hope , I think ... same thing 😁

Brighton Sky Blue

There's not looking in form, and then there's not looking like a footballer. He is technically way off the standard. I trust Robins and the team to get it out of him, but that is a big leap of faith in their coaching abilities.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
He looks like Tyler Walker did, devoid of confidence.

Brighton Sky Blue

But why ? Scored 4 in pre season and we are 3 games in .. it makes no sense
Maybe feels under more pressure in league games than friendlies, in the league games so far he's either snatched at half chances or has taken too long on the clear cut ones. Strikes me as someone who'll need an arm round the shoulder more than the kick up the arse Robins is more accustomed to.

Users who are viewing this thread