Elvis planning overhaul !!!! (1 Viewer)

SBT

“There needs to be a little bit of a reality about the situation in terms of the football side of things which needs restructuring and the foundations properly put in place, and that’s what I am working towards. The club, at this moment in time, has so much work to do in rebuilding – and I am not talking about the other issues, I’m talking about what I’ve inherited in the football department. I am talking about our Academy, so we need to demand higher standards from our Academy, a better synergy between the Academy and the first team in terms of working relationships moving forward because a club like Coventry has to be dependent to a certain degree on its Academy."

There's that insistence that we rely on youth players again. I can see why SISU liked him so much in the interview process.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm going off him very quickly. He admitted at the forum that SISU had said they were attracted to him as he is used to working with no money and just youth players. Sounds like the man for the job! Not that it matters to the majority of us as we won't be there to listen to his "philosophy" about being "outstanding" when we lose 4-0 at Port Vale..

Nonleagueherewecome

“ a better synergy between the Academy and the first team

"The Academy is the first team". Job done!

kingharvest

Regardless of our position - a sustainable future has to be built on bringing through young players.

Now i'm not saying we ought to be come a Crewe, and to be honest, given the potential fan base and size of the club we should be more ambitious than that. But given the way football is surely going in the lower leagues, if we don't have develop our own young players then we'll die.

Nonleagueherewecome

Or have a great scouting system that signs quality Bosman's and unheralded lower league players. Charlton bought a quality L1 side and did pretty well in The Championship; Norwich did it and did quite well in The Premiership! (then bolstered it by buying Leeds Utd's first team..)

Sky Blue Jay

Also he states Coventry aren't a big club anymore I wouldn't say that we just have been unlucky with what is going on behind the scenes and to a degree on the pitch. Sounds like he's trying to take the weight of his shoulders by branding us a smaller club

skyblueref

Assuming PH4, Gary Hoffman and Joe Elliot are successful Pressley shall be gone before the start of the new season for sure ! His style of play is boring !!!

torchomatic

We are a small club. No getting away from it. We're only "big" in the minds of our fans.

Also he states Coventry aren't a big club anymore I wouldn't say that we just have been unlucky with what is going on behind the scenes and to a degree on the pitch. Sounds like he's trying to take the weight of his shoulders by branding us a smaller club

japandy

most of you would be crytical even we had Fergie. I would go as far as to say you dont really want success or you have nothing to complain about. We are a Div 1 club so thus a smallish club. The academy is important for us & SP is the boss so I support him

He has had a poor start at City, but it's not fair to lay into him so soon into his contract.

Question is though assuming his contract is with Holdings (SISU) and we get a buyer taking over the football club he will along with the players be out of contract. Would you re-sign him or look at someone else assuming we had at least a League 1 promotion wage budget to spend?

Nonleagueherewecome

most of you would be crytical even we had Fergie. I would go as far as to say you dont really want success or you have nothing to complain about. We are a Div 1 club so thus a smallish club. The academy is important for us & SP is the boss so I support him

Yeah, '87 was crap, wasn't it? I hated every minute of it...

LJC_CCFC

Assuming PH4, Gary Hoffman and Joe Elliot are successful Pressley shall be gone before the start of the new season for sure ! His style of play is boring !!!

Yeah cuz 6/7 meaningless end of season games gave him the platform to implement his style of play

Ashdown1

He's clearly just another puppet brought in to play a team full of inexpensive kids in League 2 sooner or later ! The clubs dead in the water !

ajsccfc

Yeah, everyone who doesn't threaten to stab Tim Fisher's a 'puppet', and a manager trying to do his job? Clearly a 'yes man'.

This fucking place.

Nonleagueherewecome

it was nearly 30 years ago.. and has no bearing on todays 'coventry City FC' or our place in todays game..

it was great, i loved it & im proud to have been there.. but seriously it has no relevance

I was replying to a post saying that Coventry fans don't want success. I could have equally mentioned the Entertainers side in the top flight or the side a few years after the FA Cup win that was sat in the top 6 for most of the season. These were moments of success, and I and everyone I know who went then bloody loved those times. Of course it's relevant, it tells you that this club has potential!!! We aren't an averaged sized L1 club, y'know?

On matters of relevance...I don't know how your reply is relevant to my post that you quoted.

Nonleagueherewecome

to be honest i see our manager saying a lot of things that fergie said .. he is speaking the truth & a lot of sense.. how people see that as a bad thing is beyond me.

He's been hoodwinked. D'yer reckon we'll be getting that pacy winger, goalscoring no.10 and experienced leader that he spoke about at the forum?!?

Hincha

We are a small club. No getting away from it. We're only "big" in the minds of our fans.
Deloitte & Latouche? cant remember their second name when analysing football (at which they are considered the top experts) observed that the most underperforming clubs with the largest fanbases were 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2 Coventry City. When we were the top placed Midlands club we were the best supported. Now we are near the bottom of the Midlands pile we still perform ok. 31k for Crewe match even with reduced prices was amazing. If we had made Wembley, we would have sold our allocation. It is a fact we have big potential. We just have bad owners and Robins apart crap managers.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why don't you have the respect to actually read what people wrote? Just taking a phraes or sentence and treating it individually is something you always do. I suppose its in the breeding lol

I read what you wrote and disagreed with the notion that CCFC supporters don't want success. As for respect-that generally has to be earnt ;)

stupot07

Deloitte & Latouche? cant remember their second name when analysing football (at which they are considered the top experts) observed that the most underperforming clubs with the largest fanbases were 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2 Coventry City. When we were the top placed Midlands club we were the best supported. Now we are near the bottom of the Midlands pile we still perform ok. 31k for Crewe match even with reduced prices was amazing. If we had made Wembley, we would have sold our allocation. It is a fact we have big potential. We just have bad owners and Robins apart crap managers.

Top supported club in the midlands....when was that done? 1969? As much as it pains me to say it Villa are by far the biggest supported club by some distance.

japandy

I read what you wrote and disagreed with the notion that CCFC supporters don't want success. As for respect-that generally has to be earnt ;)

In all honesty I wouldnt try to gain respect from you.

I wrote that City fans would moan and whinge at everything and if we were successful many would feel let down. I was there in 87' but since then we have under-performed and I agree with SP in that has held this club back.

Nonleagueherewecome

In all honesty I wouldnt try to gain respect from you.

I wrote that City fans would moan and whinge at everything and if we were successful many would feel let down. I was there in 87' but since then we have under-performed and I agree with SP in that has held this club back.

But we didn't in the past...where is the evidence to suggest that we'd whinge in the future?! We've had precious little success in the last decade, but look what happens when we get a whiff of it-Leeds game a few years back, JPT semi this year. CCFC fans love success as much as anyone, perhaps more because we haven't had any for so long!

Hincha

Top supported club in the midlands....when was that done? 1969? As much as it pains me to say it Villa are by far the biggest supported club by some distance.

The survey was a couple of years ago when we were still in the Championship. We were the top supported club when we were the top Midlands club. That was in the 70s and I agree Villa are much bigger than us even if they were averaging about 8k in league 1 when gates were much bigger back then. These are facts I am not making them up. We are one of the few clubs I suspect that have had such a prolonged period of no success at all, yet average about 10k at home and a really good following away in League 1. If we had a period of prolonged success, we would be bigger than Birmingham, bigger than West Brom, bigger than Leicester, bigger than Foresrt, up there with the Wolves, but sadly lower than a successful Vila and peculiarly Derby. Although Brian Clough wanted to move from Derby to Coventry back in the day because we had bigger gates and potential.

luwalla

I was replying to a post saying that Coventry fans don't want success. I could have equally mentioned the Entertainers side in the top flight or the side a few years after the FA Cup win that was sat in the top 6 for most of the season. These were moments of success, and I and everyone I know who went then bloody loved those times. Of course it's relevant, it tells you that this club has potential!!! We aren't an averaged sized L1 club, y'know?

On matters of relevance...I don't know how your reply is relevant to my post that you quoted.

non of which is relevant..... again

japandy

But we didn't in the past...where is the evidence to suggest that we'd whinge in the future?! We've had precious little success in the last decade, but look what happens when we get a whiff of it-Leeds game a few years back, JPT semi this year. CCFC fans love success as much as anyone, perhaps more because we haven't had any for so long!

Okay you the man. I dont want to come on here and communicate with you. You are superior and I dont need you or your comments. Plz dont answer my threads I dont need your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread