!!!!!end of !!!!! (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

If we are not playing in coventry we are not coventry

!!!end of!!! And good by

woody11462

If we are not playing in coventry we are not coventry

!!!end of!!! And good by

Just out of curiosity, if there had been some kind of catastrophic disaster that leveled the Ricoh and we had to find a temptorary home whilst it was being rebuilt and that was not in Coventry, would we still be Coventry then?

The Jacksonvile Jaguars are playing several 'home' games at Wembly over the next couple of years. Are they no longer an NFL team?

Were Rotherham still Rotherham whilst they played in Sheffield?

I fully understand if you want to make a decisioon not to support Coventry City anymore because of the extremely poor handling of the club by the useless owners but I don't agree with you saying thjat they are no longer Coventry City FC. And that's just my opinion, not 'End of' by the way.

RFC

The Club will 'carry-on' and some (like myself) will continue to watch them as often as we can!

SkyblueBazza

Just out of curiosity, if there had been some kind of catastrophic disaster that leveled the Ricoh and we had to find a temptorary home whilst it was being rebuilt and that was not in Coventry, would we still be Coventry then?

The Jacksonvile Jaguars are playing several 'home' games at Wembly over the next couple of years. Are they no longer an NFL team?

I fully understand if you want to make a decisioon not to support Coventry City anymore because of the extremely poor handling of the club by the useless owners but I don't agree with you saying thjat they are no longer Coventry City FC. And that's just my opinion, not 'End of' by the way.

That response is like a breath of fresh air...! A thoughtful, considered & reasoned response IMO.

I suspect you'll end up getting a load of abuse from some though lol

procdoc

The difference would be that in the situation you've come up with there would be no choice whereas Sisu do have a choice and they are choosing a tin pot shed in Northampton

Sky Blue 22

The difference would be that in the situation you've come up with there would be no choice whereas Sisu do have a choice and they are choosing a tin pot shed in Northampton
The Jaguars had a choice...just sayin'.

Out of curiosity....would it have been okay if we were lodging with Villa then.

woody11462

Of course you're right and i'm not trying to say the situations are the same but the opening post put it a bluntly as we are not playing in Coventry so we are not Coventry and I don't think it is as black and white as that. I live in Manchester, work shifts, have a family and am on my arse which, all in all, makes it very difficult to get back to Coventry to watch them at home. So this move is going to have less of an effect on me than the die hard season ticket holders. If we were flying high and had some recent success then people might feel more agreeable to a temporary move but because weve been spoon fed sh1te from the owners for the past few years, fans are at their wits end. The reason we are in this mess is because of SISU.

ACL are doing the smart thing by swallowing their pride and offering for the club to stay in Coventry because as much as it must pain them to think of dealing with this clueless hedge fund, they know how strong the fans feel about the situation. And of course they are looking to make profits. They may welll survive if the club failt o move back to the Ricoh but how will the company grow without the club? Who is going to want to build hotels and invest in the surrounding land with this debacle that is going on?

What I want to know is what is SISU's plan? Are they right in that we have to have our own revenue streams? Is that enough of a reason to alienate many fans in the short term for long term gain? A reduction in rent is all well and good but all that would do is save SISU more money, it would not offer us more revenue streams as that saved money could not be spent on the team as I understand it under the incoming financial fair play rules because it is not part of our income. So if they were after a short term buck they would've taken this.

I think if they are ever going to sell the club it will be when it comes as a more atractive financial package, i.e. with its own stadium. Maybe we will have to bear a few more years of struggle to get what we want?

hill83

Far too many spastics on here at the moment.

LOL I'M ONE OF THEM.

Here's a pre emptive fuck off.

Gray

American Football teams are just franchises anyway a few of them have been moved to different cites

mrbluesky87

As much as I don't like the way it was put across, I have to agree. If you are playing home games in Northampton, how can you call us Coventry City? It sounds daft. I can't wait the crowd sings "in our Coventry homes" The away fans will Piss themselves. For the record I don't think we will come back if we go. I would also say everyone has a right to choose.

kg82

That's a ridiculous argument. Look at Brighton, Rotherham, Fulham etc etc If we don't come back then that's fair enough. Of course, if that happens, the likelihood is we won't actually be called Coventry City anymore.

SkyblueBazza

As much as I don't like the way it was put across, I have to agree. If you are playing home games in Northampton, how can you call us Coventry City? It sounds daft. I can't wait the crowd sings "in our Coventry homes" The away fans will Piss themselves. For the record I don't think we will come back if we go. I would also say everyone has a right to choose.

Best not sing that or anything similar then...if we're all of a sudden going to be sensitive about it :-/

ajsccfc

Coventry Cobblers play in Northampton
Coventry City used to play in Coventry
Your right

That team who don't exist haven't played in Northampton just yet. Is the potential kick-off whistle at Sixfields still the point you completely cut all ties with the club?

SkyblueBazza

In line with the OP...if the Ricoh fell down overnight (no casualties!) & Northampton invited us to play there in the interim - would we be ever-so grateful? Different circumstances, yes - but we would happily continue calling ourselves Coventry City FC...or wouldn't we?

ajsccfc

Was it Israel who were part of Oceania for a while? Either that or the North American confederation, it was definitely a bit out of their way.

Users who are viewing this thread