England U21 (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Through to the semi-finals of the U21 Euros. First half v Portugal was a breeze, second half a real test. Some decent players at that level, and just shows the depth we have. Angel Gomes is a tidy player.

Otis

Through to the semi-finals of the U21 Euros. First half v Portugal was a breeze, second half a real test. Some decent players at that level, and just shows the depth we have. Angel Gomes is a tidy player.
Just commented about the same thing on another thread.

There are some very talented players amongst this group.

Today was their worst performance so far in the competition.

Otis

Looking forwards to the semi final tonight. England vs Israel

5pm.

😎

Otis

Forgot all about it. Looking at the stats it seems a fairly dominant win.
It was, but it was an odd one

Israel are actually pretty decent, but they stood off us pretty much the entire game, which was weird .

I understood it when it was 0-0, but after we scored, they still continued and the last 5 mins of the first half was a farce.

They didn't come out of their half and we just passed the ball about in our own half. I am pretty certain Sunderland will complain when they get to hear about it.

At one point, for 20 to 30 seconds at a time, we just stood on the ball and everything came to a standstill. No press from them and Colwill just stood with the ball, motionless. It was so odd.

Even odder still was the Israel fans seemingly booing because we stopped and didn't attack.

Israel were much better when they pressed us, but they hardly did it at all and didn't really go for it until they were 2 nil down and there were about 7 mins left on the clock.

Anyway, England were slick and the defence played well too. .

Bring on the final

Otis

Yup. Have set it to record just in case I am out.

Really looking forwards to it.

Spain seem a really good side, but we haven't even let a goal in yet and have looked very solid. We have some very talented players in there.

Users who are viewing this thread