European championships 2020 thread (10 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

We played this way previously and looked better for it, the change to a back 4 was forced by injury more than chosen as a way of playing. I hope we do play with wing backs personally.

I would have like Mount and Henderson in the team. For Henderson, he’s not ready to play 120 minutes if required. As for Mount, he’s been self-isolating.

We’ve got talent on the bench, I’m hopeful we‘re using them to finish off the German team rather than chasing them.

SkyBlueSoul

cedd744f0dcb5a2a557a6c4af584295f.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't care as long as we win, but how negative/cautious is that line up. Basically hoping Sterling or Saka can run past their back line and keeping it safe. Where is the creativity??? If we go out having wasted the creative talent we have. GGGrrrr.

Anyway, before COV comes on and moans at me - Come on England !!

Evo1883

Well they are, they've got players who have all performed at the very highest level.

It's only in England where anybody thinks we're on a par with them individually.

Flapped it a bit with the lineup too .. very defensive minded , hence saka starting as he can come back and defend off the ball as a natural wing back

Need a box to box in there really especially with 3 centre halves he should have started mount next to Rice or Phillips

I dont know southgates gunna Southgate .

Hopefully we pull it off

PVA

Other countries must think we're insane for leaving Grealish, Foden, Mount, Sancho, Bellingham on the bench :ROFLMAO:

Germany have Gnabry, Gundogan, Musiala etc on the bench.

But still. Fuck me. Strongest bench in the whole tournament!

Great_Expectations

Defensive as expected, but let's hope the pace element he is relying on comes off.

Silver lining is we have numerous options off the bench.

Difficult as I like Southgate and as I said earlier he is methodical in his approach, but I worry we will just invite pressure and not be able to get out.

lifeskyblue

Such a lot of the talent on the bench. At the end of the game Southgate will either be lauded as a tactical genius or he will be berated for not introducing flair early enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

First beer ready for cracking. Nerves kicking in. Southgate's on the TV - heading for the beer. Ready for joy or a rant.

lifeskyblue

Can’t believe how nervous I am for this. Don’t really class myself as a big fan of international football and England but I can feel nerves as before a CCFC game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread