Everyone's too happy... (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
My mistake. You clearly brought it up to be humorous.

It's a discussion about CCFC Fans being "too happy" and there are people already trying to find things to be gloomy about.

There's a few different ways:

1. Get excited and plan the promotion party if we win, to then moan about conference if we lose.
2. Take each game as it comes and judge it as and when it happens.
3. Just be miserable and moan whatever the result.

Astute

So why shouldn't I feel slightly confident?

2 games 2 wins. No lucky wins. Only 1 shot on target against us so far. The only club with a 100% record. Nearest to us are 2 points and 3 goals. Jones looks like a totally different player from last season. The teams we have beat both won their other game by 2 goals. We have a hard working midfield and decent defence. And what looks to be our best GK for years.

On the minus side is any reason someone can think of.

letsallsingtogether

I was replying to a perfect example
Sof somebody who moans for moaning sake ;)
You started it I was replying to you.
And anyway I wasn't moaning just bringing up a scenario like everyone else or am I not allowed to.

letsallsingtogether

Whatever makes you feel better inside to take the shine off when we are winning games and playing well ;)
Why would I want to take the shine off.
Can't wait until my first game on Saturday and already booked my hotel for Yoevil.
But hey whatever floats your boat.

Nick

Administrator
Why would I want to take the shine off.
Can't wait until my first game on Saturday and already booked my hotel for Yoevil.
But hey whatever floats your boat.

Because then you have something to moan about amongst good performances, clean sheets and wins ;)

giphy.gif

Disgruntled Sky Blue

It will be interesting to see people's reaction if we do well, 98% will be over the moon. 2% will be fuming.

I want to be part of the happy 98%. But after reconciling myself to years of crap on and off the pitch along came Mowbray with that blistering start to the 2015/16 season. (I still need 'private time' every time I watch Armstrong's match winning goal against Peterborough).

He (Mowbray) forced me out of my comfort zone of perpetuating misery into one of hope - I even think I smiled once but perhaps it was just wind. Anyway along comes late November bringing with it Chris Anderson, Joe Cole and a list of unbelievable scenarios which took us from championship winners elect to relegation fodder in a nightmare three or four month period. When we couldn't even make the playoffs I was beside myself with despair, (even more than usual), and remember thinking to myself I will not let hope kill me ever again!

However, under Robins there is a very different feel to the setup but quite frankly I'm just too scared to hope. The upshot for me is even if we are 30 points in the lead with eleven games to go, I'll be looking at the relegation places and seeing if there is some kind of cruel twist of fate to have us watching Conference footy next season. Apart from that I'm really happy with City's start to the season but......

skyblue025

I want to be part of the happy 98%. But after reconciling myself to years of crap on and off the pitch along came Mowbray with that blistering start to the 2015/16 season. (I still need 'private time' every time I watch Armstrong's match winning goal against Peterborough).

He (Mowbray) forced me out of my comfort zone of perpetuating misery into one of hope - I even think I smiled once but perhaps it was just wind. Anyway along comes late November bringing with it Chris Anderson, Joe Cole and a list of unbelievable scenarios which took us from championship winners elect to relegation fodder in a nightmare three or four month period. When we couldn't even make the playoffs I was beside myself with despair, (even more than usual), and remember thinking to myself I will not let hope kill me ever again!

However, under Robins there is a very different feel to the setup but quite frankly I'm just too scared to hope. The upshot for me is even if we are 30 points in the lead with eleven games to go, I'll be looking at the relegation places and seeing if there is some kind of cruel twist of fate to have us watching Conference footy next season. Apart from that I'm really happy with City's start to the season but......

It will be Shitsu putting us into Admin just to spite us once more.

However, We are top of the league, say we are going up! (Repeat until your voice gives out)

Warwickhunt

if
Where we will be next season
If! we have a very succesful season and gates move up to the 15/16k per game then WASPS will find it hard not to renew our contract Potential 350K people coming through the Doors buying food drink& car Parking possibly help to get Sponsors in etc . Dont think they will cut their nose off

NorthernWisdom

if

If! we have a very succesful season and gates move up to the 15/16k per game then WASPS will find it hard not to renew our contract Potential 350K people coming through the Doors buying food drink& car Parking possibly help to get Sponsors in etc . Dont think they will cut their nose off
Alternatively, there's a rival for business on the up, who might take some paying customers away from their matchdays...

letsallsingtogether

if

Agree but need to get talking now to get a good deal in place, and let us fans know where we will be and for how long.

TBH we don't need to know the financials,
I'm sure it wouldn't happen unless both sides are happy with it.
PUSB

letsallsingtogether

Alternatively, there's a rival for business on the up, who might take some paying customers away from their matchdays...
Wouldn't be that many.
Most I know ether already go to both or just the Rugby and don't like football.

Users who are viewing this thread