Ex Player Watch (20 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

I thought he was doing well there for a while? Shame for him, I think success in football is in part down to timing and that move to Preston was catastrophic for him
The grass isn’t always greener as they say. In my view, he’s a player that could’ve been a star for us in L1 and developed into a decent Championship player under the right coaching.

The club thought so too as we’d put future sell-on clauses in his deal iirc.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The grass isn’t always greener as they say. In my view, he’s a player that could’ve been a star for us in L1 and developed into a decent Championship player under the right coaching.

The club thought so too as we’d put future sell-on clauses in his deal iirc.
Wasn't it more we were absolutely desperate for the money.

SkyBluePower

…and in other “never forget how far we have come” news, Jim O Brien released by Notts County. Jodi Jones just put a really nice statement paying tribute to him.

The Philosopher

(With regards to Bayliss)

Wasn’t he referred to in the Jak Hickman “Pepsi” video that he (TB) was now being paid “ten bags” at Preston.

I guess it means he was earning £10k / week at Preston - one would assume a huge leap from what he was on at Cov - therefore it might well be he would keen to move.

Warwickhunt

(With regards to Bayliss)

Wasn’t he referred to in the Jak Hickman “Pepsi” video that he (TB) was now being paid “ten bags” at Preston.

I guess it means he was earning £10k / week at Preston - one would assume a huge leap from what he was on at Cov - therefore it might well be he would keen to move.
Well let's hope he was sensible with his money as it will run out quite fast and end up being a postie 🤔

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dabo released by Forest Green Rovers. Wonder where he is going to go next. Their fans talk of him as one of their worst players for many a year.

Terry Gibson's perm

Dabo released by Forest Green Rovers. Wonder where he is going to go next. Their fans talk of him as one of their worst players for many a year.
He seemed to struggle to get somewhere last year and from a distance hasn’t had a great season so it must be a worry to for him.

Liquid Gold

I honestly think Robins is the main factor behind Dabo's regression. He was constantly bringing him back too quickly following his injuries only for him to break down.

Dabo didn't get a proper rehab for about 3 years and his knees are fucked.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I honestly think Robins is the main factor behind Dabo's regression. He was constantly bringing him back too quickly following his injuries only for him to break down.

Dabo didn't get a proper rehab for about 3 years and his knees are fucked.
Agree, though I thought it was his hips.

Nick

Administrator
He can't really win though can he. Yesterday he was accused of leaving players out unnecessarily and that they should be playing through injuries (notwithstanding the game wasn't important for us).

Did you watch him play Dabo (out of position) when he couldn't even walk?

SeaSeeEffCee

Not really any evidence of this apart from this Dabo idea
Apart from Dabo, when else has it happened?
I would say that it’s not happened on the same level as Dabo with anyone else but first one that come to mind is we had a couple of seasons where Godden couldn’t stay fit because we kept rushing him back.

Think that happens a lot where players go from being out injured for a while to suddenly starting multiple games in a row without any build up. May have contributed to O’Hare getting reinjured last season and Sheaf’s patchy injury record imo.

Nick

Administrator
I would say that it’s not happened on the same level as Dabo with anyone else but first one that come to mind is we had a couple of seasons where Godden couldn’t stay fit because we kept rushing him back.

Think that happens a lot where players go from being out injured for a while to suddenly starting multiple games in a row without any build up. May have contributed to O’Hare getting reinjured last season and Sheaf’s patchy injury record imo.

Yep, we also don't utilise the reserves either. I get that it isn't the same intensity or level but players go from being out for months to sitting on the bench for a bit to being back in the first team.

Likewise, we have players sit on the bench all season but don't get many minutes for the reserves.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yep, we also don't utilise the reserves either. I get that it isn't the same intensity or level but players go from being out for months to sitting on the bench for a bit to being back in the first team.

Likewise, we have players sit on the bench all season but don't get many minutes for the reserves.

Frankly, our reserves have been pretty poor for a long while. This season we’ve had players on the bench who could make a difference (Palmer, Sakamoto, Wright and Simms) but as injuries, suspensions and form dips, we’ve ran out. This season we basically started again and this summer we’re replacing two starters and the rest is adding quality.

Making changes for the sake of it is not an ideal situation especially if the players just aren’t good enough.

Nick

Administrator
Frankly, our reserves have been pretty poor for a long while. This season we’ve had players on the bench who could make a difference (Palmer, Sakamoto, Wright and Simms) but as injuries, suspensions and form dips, we’ve ran out. This season we basically started again and this summer we’re replacing two starters and the rest is adding quality.

Making changes for the sake of it is not an ideal situation especially if the players just aren’t good enough.

It's more about getting players coming back from injury a bit of lower intensity match time rather than the results.

Users who are viewing this thread