"Exciting winger" to sign today (3 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Pressley is also looking for flair and hopes to complete the first of a number of new summer signings today when an ‘exciting’ wide player arrives at Ryton to put pen to paper.

“We’re pretty close and hope to get it done today,”

kg82

Cue cynical retorts then leading on to the mess the club is in and SISU.

FRY-CCFC

If it was petrasso for a year i'd be so happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gint11

Would Pretrasso one wing and Marshall the other wing be good?

skybluebeduff

Why do you all think we're signing a footballer today???

We're not....

we've signed: 1377639825_winger.jpg

Official Club Band!

:claping hands:

Sky Blue Kid

When talking about Blair Adams Pressley said..... "The remaining players who don’t figure will also get themselves fixed up elsewhere, saying: “We’re hopeful that several will follow." "We’re not pushing anyone out the door but for everyone’s sake and in terms of their futures as football players I think it would be best for them to move on if they want to play football. “If the players remain they will be treated properly. I am desperately trying to bring success to this football club and unfortunately to do that I have to make decisions like this to try to achieve that.”..................So a 180 degree turnaround from your "Bomb Squad" of last year then SP?

kg82

When talking about Blair Adams Pressley said..... "The remaining players who don’t figure will also get themselves fixed up elsewhere, saying: “We’re hopeful that several will follow." "We’re not pushing anyone out the door but for everyone’s sake and in terms of their futures as football players I think it would be best for them to move on if they want to play football. “If the players remain they will be treated properly. I am desperately trying to bring success to this football club and unfortunately to do that I have to make decisions like this to try to achieve that.”..................So a 180 degree turnaround from your "Bomb Squad" of last year then SP?

You're right, people aren't allowed to learn from mistakes.

AFCCOVENTRY

Exciting Peterborough winger Danny Swanson is having a medical at Coventry City today, according to Barry Fry.

Posh’s director of football has revealed that the 27-year-old attacking midfielder was expected at Ryton to complete his switch on a free transfer from London Road.

Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley has gone on record saying that he expects to sign a wide player today and Swanson appears to fit the bill.

Travelling fans may recall the Edinburgh-born player ripped City apart for a 20-minute spell in the 1-0 defeat at Peterborough in April before he had to go off injured.

Swanson, who was called up for Scotland when he played for Dundee United but forced to pull out, has rejected a new contract offer from Posh boss Darren Ferguson who took the club to the League One play-offs last season, where they lost out to Leyton Orient.

He made 48 starts and 31 substitute appearances, scoring five goals for United in his two-year spell, the first of which was in the Championship.

A skilful player who likes to take opponents on and get balls into the box, Swanson plays predominantly on the right but can play in the hole.

Click here to take you back to more Coventry City FC news.

Want to read, watch and hear more? You can download the FREE Telegraph Apple App here, the FREE Telegraph Android App here or you can view the paper as an e-edition on your Apple, Android or Kindle device by clicking here.

To follow us on Twitter click here or you can like us on Facebook here.

Gint11

Sounds decent? Anyone at that game that can recall that?

Kingokings204

Sounds decent? Anyone at that game that can recall that?

Yes I was there, decent signing to be fair. Credit where credit is due but still need 10 more players.

In other news Moussa has ended up at Charlton after turning down Brum.

hill83

Hopefully this will be the start of a few players coming in and a decent team being built.

Can't wait to check the results on bbc sport a couple of days after.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Exciting Peterborough winger Danny Swanson is having a medical at Coventry City today, according to Barry Fry.

Posh’s director of football has revealed that the 27-year-old attacking midfielder was expected at Ryton to complete his switch on a free transfer from London Road.

Sky Blues boss Steven Pressley has gone on record saying that he expects to sign a wide player today and Swanson appears to fit the bill.

Travelling fans may recall the Edinburgh-born player ripped City apart for a 20-minute spell in the 1-0 defeat at Peterborough in April before he had to go off injured.

Swanson, who was called up for Scotland when he played for Dundee United but forced to pull out, has rejected a new contract offer from Posh boss Darren Ferguson who took the club to the League One play-offs last season, where they lost out to Leyton Orient.

He made 48 starts and 31 substitute appearances, scoring five goals for United in his two-year spell, the first of which was in the Championship.

A skilful player who likes to take opponents on and get balls into the box, Swanson plays predominantly on the right but can play in the hole.

_brian_ to thread please, _brian_ to thread...

Sky Blue Kid

@kg82......The problem is mate, It's nothing to do with "Past Mistakes" imho, SP hasn't promoted another "Bomb Squad" because we don't have anywhere near enough players to make a 1st team squad this year. We didn't "Fill the subs bench" for most of last season, and I really believe SISU told SP to get rid of certain players, with no intentions of replacing them with players of similar or even slightly inferior talent.......I'm not for one minute, having a go at SP btw, but I am having a go at those w**kers that own the Club.

kg82

@kg82......The problem is mate, It's nothing to do with "Past Mistakes" imho, SP hasn't promoted another "Bomb Squad" because we don't have anywhere near enough players to make a 1st team squad this year. We didn't "Fill the subs bench" for most of last season, and I really believe SISU told SP to get rid of certain players, with no intentions of replacing them with players of similar or even slightly inferior talent.......I'm not for one minute, having a go at SP btw, but I am having a go at those w**kers that own the Club.

Fair enough. I was defending SP but if you weren't chastising him then my argument's void!

duffer

Click here to take you back to more Coventry City FC news.

Want to read, watch and hear more? You can download the FREE Telegraph Apple App here, the FREE Telegraph Android App here or you can view the paper as an e-edition on your Apple, Android or Kindle device by clicking here.

To follow us on Twitter click here or you can like us on Facebook here.

Don't forget the link, or Simon gets beaten. ;)

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...erborough-winger-danny-swanson-having-7357682

Hobo

Swanson could be a decent signing. We certainly need to bring in a few before we can approach the season with any hope of survival.

torchomatic

Yeah, pleased with Swanson if we can get him.

ArchieLittle

Just want to check my arithmetic,

One speedy winger in, maybe
Murphy, Moussa, Marshall, Adams out

So the squad is down 3 at the moment?

**Edit, sorry 4 at the moment, maybe 3 later if Swanson signs

Last edited:

shmmeee

Never heard of him, but sounds like a decent signing.

Right winger: goodbye Baker rumours true, or just competition?

Users who are viewing this thread