Exclusive - mark Robins to be named (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

Satisfied or needs a job, he's not exactly in demand is he.

Probably not but we'll never know the exact reason unless he tells us in his news conference.

Grendel

SkyBlue_Bear83

Probably not but we'll never know the exact reason unless he tells us in his news conference.
I'm not sure why are you getting so defensive about it.

We're in a much worse position on and off the pitch than the first time he left (when he cited the clubs ongoing problems as a reason for leaving). He's got to be either desperate for a job or knows something is happening that we don't know, because he can't actually be satisfied with the current state of the club.

torchomatic

I'm not sure why are you getting so defensive about it.

We're in a much worse position on and off the pitch than the first time he left (when he cited the clubs ongoing problems as a reason for leaving). He's got to be either desperate for a job or knows something is happening that we don't know, because he can't actually be satisfied with the current state of the club.

I'm not. Just don't know why some are trying to analyse his decision. He will probably just trot out the "unfinished business" line anyway. Personally just pleased it is him rather than an in-house appointment.

I'll say it again if he was that dissatisfied with the deal or club position then i doubt hecwould have accepted the offer, unemployed or not. Doubt he is living on the bread line.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm not. Just don't know why some are trying to analyse his decision. He will probably just trot out the "unfinished business" line anyway. Personally just pleased it is him rather than an in-house appointment.
Because people find it an interesting topic of discussion as to why someone would take this job.
Particularly as someone who walked out on it before

steve82

Fast forward to 6/3/17.....
c2abc8df60dbd923a14f3c2e10d0c5e9.jpg

Sick Boy

Goes to show that most of the predictions on here turn put to be nonsense...first Hockaday and then Ricketts.

Tim Fisher's sky blue army! All hail SISU!

Sick Boy

In all seriousness, it'll be interesting to listen to his views on CCC now that the franchise are here.

The Reverend Skyblue

My thoughts for what they matter
Yes decent appointment but he will cry uncontrollably tomorrow morning when he takes the first training session and see's our current shower of shit train compared to the team he left here with.
My second thought is he left in SISU's good books when all he did on his resignation was complain about the council involvement in our woes.
This alone could be why he was targeted.
Fuck me he's got his work cut out, but my one bit of advice is,
ROBINS YOU TURNCOAT SORT THE FUCKING KEEPER SITUATION OUT,
if at last he can see what all we do and he brings in a decent keeper we have immediately made progress.
I hope to God in the contract negotiations was to keep all our youngsters for next season. A keeper and a goal scorer and this time in 14 months we will be celebrating promotion back to this shit league.
Marvellous times to be a skyblue fan

steve82

I wonder if Robins will be allowed his old assistant Steve Taylor? Or will he be told it's Sam Ricketts

The Reverend Skyblue

By the way it's not just us who think we have the worst two keepers in the league every fucker else from opposing teams think so as well. They laugh at our keepers it's bloody embarrassing .
They are both shit so Mark please show them the door

Irish Sky Blue

I wonder if Robins will be allowed his old assistant Steve Taylor? Or will he be told it's Sam Ricketts

That will be interesting as it doesn't seem that Slade was allowed to bring in an assistant. If Robbins is allowed to bring someone in, will it be a confirmation that his situation is a bit more concrete than Slade's was? If he doesn't bring anyone in will this also be an indication that he isn't likely to be here for what passes as the long term these days?

Irish Sky Blue

Scunthorpe are doing well now. Did robins put in the groundwork and not get the credit? Did well here didn't he. Got a championship job from us.

My point is he surely would have a pick of 2-3 league 1 clubs who don't have a protest every match. No?

I am glad he is back, certainly ahead of Pressley. Just not sure why he would jump into the fire again unless he was desperate.

Adge

Compared to now? It was fucking Barcelona. Murphy, Wood, Christie, Fleck, McSheffery, Baker, McGoldrick, Wilson.

Compare that to: Burge, Turnbull, Haynes, Rose, Reid, Jones, Tudgay, etc.
-1 point for Mcsheffrey.

Ash

I'm genuinely stunned, more so from his perspective. Why on earth would he jump back into a situation that he managed to wriggle away from a few years back? Especially given how the situation has gotten considerably worse since he left us last time!

Gazolba

Has to be better than Slade, so it's a positive move.
Success or failure I doubt he (or anyone else) would be here that long.
The situation with the squad, home stadium, academy and lawsuit is just too fluid to hope for any stability in the forseeable future.
All we know is that it's definitely L2 next season.
I'm slightly more hopeful we can now win at Wembley. Maybe that was the carrot he came for.
Many managers don't get to do that in their entire career.

stevefloyd

I am not sure on this, obviously better than Slade but you should never go back nut if it is to be MR then I wish him all the very very very very very best..
But he will be judged on his previous time here

rupert_bear

Thinking about it for a
Did Robins leave last time due to our bad owners or more money from Huddersfield ??
No. I don't think he did leave due to money such as higher salary, I think certain assurances and promises weren't forthcoming and backtracked upon such as back room staff, player recruitment etc. The football grapevine picked this up and Huddersfield moved in and made an offer which at the time he'd have been silly to refuse. Going to be interesting to find out the length of contract and if he brings in his own back room staff. He must have discussed the current state of our club not so much our league position that's there in black and white but the future such as our academy, where we might be playing in 18 months time, next seasons player budget etc, I wonder who did he have those discussions with and when.

clint van damme

I'm genuinely stunned, more so from his perspective. Why on earth would he jump back into a situation that he managed to wriggle away from a few years back? Especially given how the situation has gotten considerably worse since he left us last time!

never underestimate the ego of the football manager.
Imagine being known as the man who turned Coventry City around and got them back on their feet.

Same with the amount of foreign managers who would take the England job, it must be a ball ache but imagine the kudos you'd get if you're the one who finally sorts it out.

NortonSkyBlue

I can understand why some on here are questioning why he would come back here.
He is not in employment, his last roles were perceived as failures (or not successes) and he is seeking to rehabilitate himself in an environment he knows.
We don't know his personal circumstances and I wouldn't assume he is wealthy or otherwise.
He is a pragmatic football manager who needs a job and he was approached so why not from his perspective.
Some on here will trot out the "Sky Blue blood" line but reading through these posts he gives some of us hope and that has been in short supply for a long time. He is not the messiah(even if he has been a naughty boy) he is not the solution to all of our issues but he is not Slade and that is a good enough starting point for me.
We need to let go of the blame game and get behind Robins.

skyblue1991

I think it's the best we can get from who is available.

He obviously left for a job offering better stability in a higher league with better prospects. Nobody can blame him.

Thought we played some good football under Robins and got some decent results. When things didn't go so well he spoke the truth in the interviews and didn't tap dance around the question.

I hope we offer him an 18 month deal and see if he can get us straight back into League 1 next season. Hopefully the owners back him with what he needs.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

hotrod

Thinking about it for a

No. I don't think he did leave due to money such as higher salary, I think certain assurances and promises weren't forthcoming and backtracked upon such as back room staff, player recruitment etc. The football grapevine picked this up and Huddersfield moved in and made an offer which at the time he'd have been silly to refuse. Going to be interesting to find out the length of contract and if he brings in his own back room staff. He must have discussed the current state of our club not so much our league position that's there in black and white but the future such as our academy, where we might be playing in 18 months time, next seasons player budget etc, I wonder who did he have those discussions with and when.

So you would believe every thing Tim Fisher ( Sisu ) told you?

Regards.

speedie87

Better not just be a deal until end of season. Someone needs to be there releasing players and lining up new ones.

higgs

Thinking about it for a

Kieran crowley tweeted that he quadrupled his salary when he went to Huddersfield

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ecky

OK a few thoughts.

1) Thanks RS for your time trying to make it work - a thankless task and i think not a genuine reflection on his abilities elsewhere (as shown by decent results at Yeovil, Cardiff and Orient). Won't go down as a CCFC success but frankly few do, and the rot had set in long before he arrived. After the MV run of 6 losses in a row the writing was on the wall. That said, nobody can criticism firing him as a bad decision. All the best RS.

2) MR returning has been mooted by many including myself as a decent solution. Just today after the Slade news, it crossed my mind. Surprising he wasn't appointed in October but maybe TF genuinely though RS would be a better man for the situation? There were't many disagreeing with him on that one, in all fairness.

3) Despite point 2 above, this is clearly a surprise but I think for many Sky Blues fans, it will be a welcome one. It strikes me as an encouraging appointment and maybe improves our very slim chances of survival - if he can string together 3 wins before the cup final, who knows what sort of momentum could be built?

4) Welcome back MR. Clearly, as with Eric Black, nobody who leaves us to take a step up / is wrongfully fired is allowed to be forgotten - clearly we need to see MR fail so we can all get closure =)

5) Don't believe any of the assertions you read about how this means SISU are likely to go. He was offered more money and a higher level of football by Huddersfield, and took it while the going was good. Yes we were facing uncertain times back in 2013 (how times have changed!) but that was the background, not the reason he left. There's likely no connection with the ownership at all.

6) Although I do find the appointment encouraging, I do sadly feel like it won't work out as well for him/us as it did in 2012/13. The right intent is there from TF to get MR back, which is good, but as for MR himself I can't see him being a shit hot success for us twice.
So if he wins the next five games someone else will want his services?
Groundhog day

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Slade had to go
If Robins is on a contract that covers the next couple of seasons and during that time gets the support in terms of squad building then great.
But right now, on the verge of relegation, find it hard to get excited by his appointment. To save us he needs 8 wins out of 11 games (most unlikely) so to me this season is a write off and the remaining games must be used to build momentum for next season. He has the same squad as Slade will be interesting to see what difference Robins can make in 11 games
The fact we have had 4 managers this season is just further evidence of the huge crisis the club has been in

Good luck to him
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread